Looks like you really like coffee. It's cool that you like it.

It reminds me of a guy who came to run on the treadmill next to me yesterday. He looked like he was in awesome shape and I thought this might be fun, let's see if he pushes me to go a little faster on my run. He kept doing intervals a 2.3 mph and 8 mph. I ran 100 minutes at 6.7 mph yesterday. He then pulled out a six-pack of monster energy drink and would slam one during the slow interval segment. He was weezing from the fast intervals, keeled over, hopping off the treadmill to stretch, holding on to the bars to keep himself up and sucking air like the gym suddenly became depressurized. He ended up running about 3 1/2 miles while I gingerly ran ~12.

I think a fun challenge for you next year would be to test how your performance would change without the coffee. Maybe the difference would be minimal, maybe not; who knows until you give it a shot.

Also, you don't seem to eat a lot of food. Do you think you get enough nutrition?

Great job on the detailed and consistent logging. This is a sign of people getting ready or ramping up to do something epic ;-).

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

Re:coffee. I don't drink it for workout performance (obviously - when's the last time I worked out?!) but I do for life performance. I started this year on 2 cups a day, in the mornings, and by now I'm closer to 5 throughout the day. Maybe there's some nirvana out there for me where I wouldn't need coffee - I know people say when you get off it you have more energy, or when you eat good food, or when you workout, or when you whatever whatever whatever, but honestly, I just do not have the time to figure that out right now. Getting to that place involves down days and experimental days and patience and time, and I just don't know when I would be able to do that. I know it sounds awful. I know other people have busier/more stressful lives than I do, but the conclusion is that giving up coffee is not even on my radar right now.

A problem I do recognize is that I really DON'T eat enough and/or get enough nutrition. I feel like I eat the normal amount, but I know I don't eat enough. Also, though, these days without dinner are completely crazy for me. I spend my whole life looking forward to my next meal, I never skip dinner! It's just that this past week, finals weeks, I'm so exhausted when I get home that even eating dinner is too much. I usually always eat the same breakfast, the same/similar lunch, and then a one-plate dinner, but even then when I write it down it really doesn't seem like that much. I'm pretty confused about eating. Working out I more or less know... just don't do.

Thanks!

Also, the first time I saw someone drinking something on the treadmill, it was a can of Coke! Isn't that crazy? I mean, sugar/calorie intake v. calorie output aside, how did he drink that Coke without cutting his face on the can?!

chill... sometimes you need your energy to focus on other things... you need to be in the right frame of mind to do a proper workout. Take that club that you're beating your head with and use it to knock out some of your fitness goals after finals. Boy, you're tough on yourself...

i don't care what u think of me. unless u think i'm awesome. in which case u're right.

Intro - Workout Log - ABS Log - Fitness Philosophy - Accountability - NERDEE - Weight Maintenance

It's true, I'm very tough on myself! Don't worry though, I also recognize my accomplishments, like complaining to Tresemme about their crappy shampoo and getting a $5 check (more than I paid for it two years ago!) and my awesome closing line to a salesman, "I don't want to close the door in your face, but I'm done with this conversation."

I just can't let myself use school as an excuse, not for anything. Because if it's not the stress of finals, it's the stress of starting a new semester, or the stress of being right in the middle of a semester, or the stress of finding employment over the summer, and it just never ends. All the times are hard times, which means that stressed is my baseline for now.

Indeed I have gone down the yoga/pilates path, but haven't gotten much from it. I've done the workouts on ultimatepilatesworkouts.com, which are okay but limited, and they stopped challenging me, and I used to do a 20 minute Pilates Fit video before ExerciseTV got rid of it. I've also done some yoga, the workout I usually do right now is 10lb Xtreme Yoga, and I tried out a 10 minute morning video on Yogatic's YT channel, and there's a Barre3 video I used to do, and I think one of the 3's is yoga.

So the answer is, for relaxation? Not really, although I would maybe like to. For fitness? I've tried, and will probably continue to.

Tuesday December 13

Breakfast - 2 eggs, spinach, cheese (lil' bit), soy sausage, and pepper. 3 cups coffee with FF Coffeemate

My exam today is 1:30-5:30, which is the exact time of day where if I'm not eating I'm asleep. So I tried to food up at breakfast - 2 eggs, sausage. I'll bring raisins for the test. I'd bring a baby apple if I thought it wouldn't brown.