Troy and Abed Getting Fiiiiiiiiit

Hi everyone, I'm very new to the forum but this seems to be the obligatory diary section, and I do like to make a log :)

I'm female, 5'10" and more weight to lose than it looks like! My long term aim is to reach a happy weight for me, hopefully I'll know it when I get there. The usual and less usual setbacks in the past, where they'll stay. Food is a tricky beast at the mo as I had braces fitted last month, but I'm doing my best. 14lbs so far.

I found this site when googling various fitness topics and have been wading through for a few days.

Exercise-wise, I have an elliptical trainer at home which I'm using whilst listening to Zombies, Run, my no1 workout accessory. I plan to get outside and run again when I've dropped some weight. Also trying some beginner's dumb bell stuff and the beginners body weight workout from this site. All good to go!

Today: 27 min elliptical followed by beginner's dumbbell routine from the Internet.

I'm planning to stick at this.

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

Day two success! 5 min elliptical followed by 3x beginners body weight workout from NF then 22 more minutes elliptical. Was tired at the end of that! Found the lunges the most difficult.

Food-wise, had a protein shake for breakfast. Don't really enjoy, but struggling to eat much with the braces.

Yogurt and berries.

Dinner will be hot smoked salmon risotto with peas.

I'm considering buying a spiralizer. I love all manner of veggies but I just can't eat them right now unless I cook them to mush. No thanks!

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

Today was an ok day. First day back at work after a lovely week off. Dusted the Fitbit flex off and walked to work. 8745 steps today and 47 active minutes. I take it off when I'm home as I don't want the results to be toooo skewed.

Decided to not do elliptical or weights today, feeling a few twinges. Tomorrow I'll do the beginner's body weight circuit and maybe some elliptical. Dinner was cauliflower cheese soup. Was just ok.

Day off tomorrow, veggie shopping! Want to try some little egg muffins for snacks. Should be ok to eat those.

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

Day off today. Started with beginner dumb bells when I got up, and just done beginner body weight circuit x3. Held the last plank for 20s instead of 15. Superstar...

Been to the supermarket and bought some healthy bits, hoping my julienne peeler comes today. Had porridge for breakfast, made some egg + veg muffin things for lunch. They were nice, but I definitely over cooked slightly and could have done with a little more egg. Have leftovers for snacks.

Dinner will be cottage pie with veg. Unfortunately topped with mash, I may look into some individual dishes for the future.

Also bought cashew butter, looking forward to trying it. I've decided I'm not going to hit paleo head on, but creep towards it :)

Plan on doing some elliptical later, although I do have an OU tutorial too.

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

looks like you're making steady progress, well done on the plank. :peaceful:

I,m also experimenting with paleo slowly.. bread and processed foods are the two things i got rid of first and Ive started weighing pasta and rice to make sure I only have one serving... slow and steady :)

Thank you! I've started weighing things too, quite an eye opener!

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

Well, I've suffered a bit of a setback. Fractured my wrist on Thursday and haven't exercised since. The dumb bell routine I was doing is out for a while and I'll have to have a think about how to modify the body weight work out. Pretty annoyed with myself! Elliptical trainer will be harder but doable, and walking to work has become much more important. Especially as cooking will be a challenge for a while. Grrrrrrr!

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

Well, I've suffered a bit of a setback. Fractured my wrist on Thursday and haven't exercised since. The dumb bell routine I was doing is out for a while and I'll have to have a think about how to modify the body weight work out. Pretty annoyed with myself! Elliptical trainer will be harder but doable, and walking to work has become much more important. Especially as cooking will be a challenge for a while. Grrrrrrr!

Sorry about your wrist! I hope it feels better. Stay consistent and things will continue in a good direction I'm sure!

• Like 1

Flipsauce, level 3 Fire elemental Ranger
STR: 5 | DEX: 2 | CON: 5 | STA: 5 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 0

First Challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Had a stressful week with a work trip etc and bought rubbish food. BUT, I didn't eat it :) Feeling the victory there. Have a few days off now and I'm intending on braving up and going for a little run, as well as doing the BBWW later. Come onnnnnn. Have so many clothes so close to fitting!

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

20 minutes of random fitness from fitnessblender filled by 25 minutes of yoga. Found a 30 days of yoga program on yogawithadriene and I LOVE it. I haven't done yoga for 18 months since I popped two discs in my spine and ended up on crutches and having a steroid injection. Been too scared. But I'm being really careful and getting fit in other ways too. Feeling really great.

Plan is to do the yoga every day, BBWW every other day and walking/random stuff on the other days. I've had an energy boom having changed my diet. Drastically cut down on sugars and "white" carbs and grains. I did have a couple of cookies yesterday but that's ok :D

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%

Thanks!

It was really interesting. Basically made in exactly the same way as normal risotto, but took a little longer. Used half coconut milk and half stock, which made it quite creamy and rich. Texturally I didn't notice too much difference to rice, but I do have braces at the moment and judging texture isn't my forte!

My Log

Weight loss progress

7%
7%