First steps...

flipsauce

Hi y'all,

I'm flipsauce. Starting a little late but only found out about this a week ago. Former athlete who is finally admitting the I can't skate by without doing anything. I have two little boys and literally the best wife in the world. I've noticed myself getting tired a lot faster playing with my little guys and want to stop that. I also am finding my self fall behind the boy scouts I teach for the first time. I'm a dense bodied 6 foot guy at just under 280lbs.

Main quest:

Improve overall lifestyle by losing 60 lbs before I turn 30 and make better dietary choices. I have 22 months as of today.

Quest 1: Lose 10 lbs in remaining 4 weeks.

Con-4 wis-1

A- 10 lbs con 4, wis 1

B- 7 lbs con 3, wis 0

C- 5 lbs con 2, wis 0

D- <5 but still something con 1

Quest 2:

Improve flexibility and reach my toes while stretching. 6 inches away currently.

Dex 4

A- touch toes 4

B- one inch 3

C- three inches 2

D- five inches 1

Quest 3:

Just get consistent again. I need a consistent routine again. This has been extra difficult for me since I have been traveling for work 40% or more... I striving for 5 days weekly of any type of workout.

Str 3 Sta 3

A- weekly five times 3,3

B- weekly four times 2,2

C- weekly three times 1,1

D- weekly overall average three str 1

I'm thrilled to be here.

Flipsauce, level 3 Fire elemental Ranger
STR: 5 | DEX: 2 | CON: 5 | STA: 5 | WIS: 1 | CHA: 0

First Challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Thanks ruked! It was dangerous today... Feel asleep in hotel room while reading email... Woke up at 11:30... Still got my workout done before midnight. Count it! That beginner body weight workout is a killer for me. The first set was about all I could do.

First Challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Since  you are living out of hotels so much, how about a mandatory 1 lap every day at a hotel.  There are usually at least 2 sets for stairs, so 1st floor to top, cross the hotel to the furthest set of stair, then all the way down.  That is 1 lap.  Walking fast should leave you winded as stairs are pretty tough.  Increase laps as you get fitter.  Want to get crazy?  Add pushups some where along the way.

I do basically the same thing at airports during transfers if time permits.

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Since  you are living out of hotels so much, how about a mandatory 1 lap every day at a hotel.  There are usually at least 2 sets for stairs, so 1st floor to top, cross the hotel to the furthest set of stair, then all the way down.  That is 1 lap.  Walking fast should leave you winded as stairs are pretty tough.  Increase laps as you get fitter.  Want to get crazy?  Add pushups some where along the way.

I do basically the same thing at airports during transfers if time permits.

That is genius. I have started taking stairs instead of the small escalators done times but that would be a great way to pass time in the airport. I like the idea of walking the hotel. I've been debating what to do for cardio to start since treadmills make me want to cry. (Not really but I just don't like them)

Thanks!

First Challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

Looks like you're doing well with the bodyweight routine, congrats! How are you progressing on the dexterity front? Do you have a plan to improve your flexibility?

For dexterity I'm making sure I stretch every workout. Back when I was serious into working out, I used to do yoga just to prevent injury and improve dexterity. Right now twice a week I spend the whole workout on stretches. It seems to be helping some but I think it might take me longer than I hoped to reach my goal...
  • Like 1

First Challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge

So I haven't been able to give an update till now... while I didn't have flawless success... I made great improvements. My overlaying goal was to get some semblance of a routine. I did write well with that. That has been my most difficult thing for a while now.

Quest report out:

1-lost less than five pounds. It doesn't matter where you are at, it only matters which direction you are headed...

2- my stretching was not incredibly successful... I guess my goals were hard to reach... ba dum tiss. Yeah that was a painful stretch... whew, ok I got that out of my system. Seriously though, I'm about the same place that I started. I think I just need more time consistently stretching.

3- worked out an average of four times per week. I was thrilled with this result since I was doing zero...

Overall, I consider putting forth consistent effort and starting to keep fitness on the forefront of my mind a HUGE improvement.

Thanks all!

First Challenge

Second Challenge

Third Challenge