Mini-Challenge #4: How Low Will You Go?

Woohoo! I need to start army crawling a bunch anyway since I decided I want to do a Spartan trifecta next year. Army crawling here I come!

• Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Yeah, so some reason all the poses that I do, weren't in last weeks challenge, but I'm back to crawl all around.

That picture made me laugh out loud so good.

Thanks for that. =D

• Like 2

Level 5 Daemon Assassin

Strength - 8.4 | Dexterity  - 6.3 | Stamina  - 7.4 | Constitution  - 7 | Wisdom - 8.5 | Charisma - 7.2

Champion of House Targaryen

Current Challenge

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

"Sometimes glass glitters more than diamonds because it has more to prove."

"Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom."
- Terry Pratchett

It's been fun, House Stark, but as I am a sellsword for hire, I can't continue fighting for honor, heavy cloaks, turnips, and whatever else you northerners have.  Instead, I'm going to follow the money train.  Hear us roar.

That sounds like a smart move. After all, Lannisters always pay their debts, whereas Starks get a little bit of power and completely lose their heads :P

• Like 3

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit, call it the target."

I have some difficulties with performing these.

Also how do you count them? When did you do "1" army crawl? Is going forth and back count for 1 or for 2?

Seems like it would be easier to just crawl ahead, and don't go back. But since i have very limited space i usually do these excercises i have to go back and forth. That's why i'm asking.

... a little odd in the head ...

Also how do you count them? When did you do "1" army crawl? Is going forth and back count for 1 or for 2?

Seems like it would be easier to just crawl ahead, and don't go back. But since i have very limited space i usually do these excercises i have to go back and forth. That's why i'm asking.

My understanding is that one crawl equals a left and a right. I don't know if it matters what direction you take when you do them.

I'm going to try to do at least 30 of these a day but hoping double that today and give my team a boost.  My teenage son finds this challenge hysterical so he had me "deliver" things to him via the crawl. Pretty sure I will get more than 30 reps today!

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

My understanding is that one crawl equals a left and a right. I don't know if it matters what direction you take when you do them.

I'm going to try to do at least 30 of these a day but hoping double that today and give my team a boost.  My teenage son finds this challenge hysterical so he had me "deliver" things to him via the crawl. Pretty sure I will get more than 30 reps today!

My understanding as well.... both sides = one rep.  Which means both sides forward, then both sides back = 2 reps.  You can go forward or back as you desire!

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

One army crawl involves both left side and right side, but you don't have to do the up and back.

My understanding as well.... both sides = one rep.  Which means both sides forward, then both sides back = 2 reps.  You can go forward or back as you desire!

That's how I read it, too. 

tumblr_mviaocPPXZ1smumc0o1_500.gif

• Like 3

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Okay ive watched the video again and with your explanation i think i got it figured out. Aint easy working out in a small space, these werent any problems for squats burpees and jj's but for the crawl a little small, so back and forth it is.

Alright, this is a horrible picture and does not do my pain justice but I thought I'd put it out there.  anyone else experiencing wounds near the elbows from the army crawls?  I'm doing them as shown in the video (holding the plank on my elbows), crawling across carpeted floor with double long sleeves.  I end up rubbing my skin near the elbow raw - little angry red wounds that are forcing me to rest when I'd rather be crawling!!!

WP_20150506_007.jpg ugh.  this picture doesn't show the wound but you can kinda see the reddish area.  the wound - it's there.  I promise.

It may not look like much but it hurts like a mother.  I've put neosporin on it though so that calmed down the redness.   I think I'll do the crawling on my yoga mat although I feel kind of like a dork - 8 forward, reverse 8, 8 forward, reverse 8...  In my mind I can imagine that I'm crawling across a battle ground for my team!

House Stark FTW!!!

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Elbow protection tips: try putting deodorant on your skin, it helps prevent chafe burns.

Tensor bandages can help too

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

Do you have knee sleeves? I have hard flooring throughout my house and use a combo of yoga mat and the sleeves to avoid the burn. 

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Alright, this is a horrible picture and does not do my pain justice but I thought I'd put it out there.  anyone else experiencing wounds near the elbows from the army crawls?  I'm doing them as shown in the video (holding the plank on my elbows), crawling across carpeted floor with double long sleeves.  I end up rubbing my skin near the elbow raw - little angry red wounds that are forcing me to rest when I'd rather be crawling!!!

WP_20150506_007.jpg ugh.  this picture doesn't show the wound but you can kinda see the reddish area.  the wound - it's there.  I promise.

It may not look like much but it hurts like a mother.  I've put neosporin on it though so that calmed down the redness.   I think I'll do the crawling on my yoga mat although I feel kind of like a dork - 8 forward, reverse 8, 8 forward, reverse 8...  In my mind I can imagine that I'm crawling across a battle ground for my team!

House Stark FTW!!!

Check, also got these! Left and right!

Curious how that will go today.

[EDIT] untill now not to great with the army crawls. Only did 40 today so far but these things are really bugging me...

4SJqXujm.jpg

• Like 1

That sounds like a smart move. After all, Lannisters always pay their debts, whereas Starks get a little bit of power and completely lose their heads :tongue:

I know i'm pathetic, but that was the episode i watched yesterday!!! LOL now i get it...

And every excuse to post a gif of my favorite movie...

tumblr_mb2ntuqt081rdutw3o1_400.gif

• Like 3

Check, also got these! Left and right!

Curious how that will go today.

[EDIT] untill now not to great with the army crawls. Only did 40 today so far but these things are really bugging me...

4SJqXujm.jpg

Yes!  This is what I'm talking about.  Way better picture than mine mr_willes!!  why do the littlest things hurt the most?

oh well.  on a related note, there are 15 army crawls between the bed and the bathroom...

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Elbow pain is the nly reason I haven't busted out hundreds of these already...........

My best advice: skip the sleeves (even double, they will hurt more) and do these in short sets on a mat of some sort.  Better three sets of 10 than one of 30, basically.  Bare elbows on a mat for short spans are okay, more or less.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I think I know why I'm not tearing myself up on these: I'm doing full army crawl and not 'plank' crawl. I use more of my forearm this way instead of putting pressure on just the spot near the elbow.Hmmm...

• Like 3

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

50 more for House Stark - 10 of which I completed in the aisle at Target testing a set of elbow pads.

starsapart - I agree about the layering.  I think it wasn't helping and today I'm gong for the short sets with just one long sleeve shirt on using my yoga mats (I have two!) instead of a longer destination crawl (bedroom to kitchen, across the playroom to the stairs, etc.).

trewest - my son said I was doing the army crawl "wrong" and he did a set for me that looked alot like what you are describing.  I tried a set that way but found it confusing to get my rhythm going.  doing it the plank way it seems easier to move the arms and legs in a alternate pattern whereas the flat on the floor crawl I couldn't get the alternate leg/arm thing going (smoothly).  maybe they don't alternate?  I'll need to watch my son demonstrate when he gets home from school and try again.

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

trewest - my son said I was doing the army crawl "wrong" and he did a set for me that looked alot what you are describing.  I tried a set that way but found it confusing to get my rhythm going.  doing it the plank way it seems easier to move the arms and legs in a alternate pattern whereas the flat on the floor crawl I couldn't get the alternate leg/arm thing going (smoothly).  maybe they don't alternate?  I'll need to watch my son demonstrate when he gets home from school and try again.

I alternate, but it's usually a slightly slower pace than you can probably acheive with hte plank crawl. For me it's easier to army crawl because that's the way I learned to do it way back when I first started that kind of thing, so now I've already gotten over my awkward stage with them. In fact, the pic in my icon is me army crawling my way through a PIT OF MUD. It was deep enough in some places that I was actually swimming. And other times the barbed wire skimmed my bag. So I like to get as low as possible, but that's so that this mini works for my ultimate goal of getting Mudder ready.

• Like 1

I think I know why I'm not tearing myself up on these: I'm doing full army crawl and not 'plank' crawl. I use more of my forearm this way instead of putting pressure on just the spot near the elbow.Hmmm...

Thanks, I found these easier on the elbows, and actually easier to get into a rhythmn

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien