It's amazing how far you can fall in less than a year.

Hey all. Yesterday was my first day back at the Gym since July of 2014. I am proud that I picked back up. Its going to be a long road back but I'm starting the journey again. I had a very stressful  several months, and fell deep into a depression. I didn't care about exercising or being healthy anymore. I figured it didn't matter anyway.

The events that transpired, really damaged me, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I can honestly say, I'm still not 100%, but I'm digging myself out of the rut. Some good old fashioned boot strapping if you will. I could really use a training partner if anyone is near Morris, IL. if nothing else someone to help keep me accountable would be really good too. If someone is going to be my training partner, I'm looking to be pushed hard.  I'm also going to push you hard (never in a negative way though). I'm training for the spartan race in Chicago in September. my first phase of training is Strength training, my second phase will be cardio. I'm looking to work out 3-5 times a week. for at least an hour. I guess wish me luck. Strength and Honor to all of you!

• Like 1

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%
  • Valerius the level 2 Human

STR 3|DEX 3|CON 2|STA 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

Current challenge

•  
  • " If you think you can do a thing or you can't do a thing, you're right."
  • - Henry Ford

MWF I'm lifting heavy things ( Bench, Squat, Deadlift, Clean and Press, and also pull ups) .  Tuesday and Thursday I alternate weeks between distance running, and HIIT.

I keep checking the Chicago thread, no one in the southwest burbs unfortunately.

•      Awful                                                          Not so good                                                                          Getting better                                                        Super Stud                                       He-Man                                  Artie Strongest                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              man.... In The World
  • 61%
    61%

Current challenge

•  
  • - Henry Ford

good stuff..what sets/reps are you shooting for?

that's a lot of work for the body.....muscles need time to recover as well.  I try to walk or throw around a frisbee on 1 off day.

Ya, there do not appear to be too many folks on NF around my parts as well...looks like I need to go recruiting  :playful:

Keep calm and be studly

....maybe one of these days I will actually starting throwing around some real weight....

I shoot for 5 sets of 5 on my lifts, following the stronglifts style program. I'm making sure to get enough sleep on my training days so I'm no burning the candle at both ends. Whereabouts are you from? I'm training up for a Spartan run in August. Once like late June Rolls around, I'm going to be switching gear a little bit and getting myself better acquainted with the running aspect.

Do you have a 6 week challenge going?

• 61%
    61%

Current challenge

•  
  • - Henry Ford

Ya, that sounds like a good plan.  I try to hit more volume and a bit lower weight than I would normally do when getting back into it as well. Perhaps I am a bit conservative when it comes to getting back up to a "normal" weight.  I play ultimate frisbee 2x per week and try to get in the weight room 3x per week.  Sometimes it feels like a real stretch to have energy for all of it.  That could be a result of not eating enough, I' havent really investigated that too much.

I'm in central indiana

No, I don't have a challenge going.  I am sorting through what the next thing I want to "conquer" is

Keep calm and be studly

....maybe one of these days I will actually starting throwing around some real weight....