Iceburner Battle Log

Welcome to my Battle Log!

Right now I'm in the middle of my first 6-weeks-challenge "Challenge #1: Iceburner is following the path...", so the logging happens there for now. But one has to think ahead and plan for the time one is not logging in the challenge thread anymore. Furthermore one has to stop referring to one as "one". :playful:

Further current activity and places I can be found:

- Iceburner burning... fat, actually... wouldn't make sense to burn ice here

- Apiring Assassin Apprentice Accountabilibuddies

Iceburner

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10

Current Quest: #9 - Finding the balance in mind and body

Battle Log

Finished Quest (challenge): #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #7, #8

Aborted Quest (challenge): #6

"Kaizen!!!" 

weight loss goal (92kg -> 87kg): |----------------------->| (currently 86.3)

waist loss goal (109cm -> 94cm): |--------->____________| (currently 103)

pull-ups (0 -> 10): |->____________________| (currently 0)

push-ups (0 -> 50): |------>_______________| (currently 12)

Sooo, the first 6wc is done and I did quite well. I took it easy this week and had just 2 workouts. Though the second one I did with 2 friends and we did some crazy weight lifting. Well... crazy for me, regular for them ;)

Anyways, I'm already looking forward to the next challenge and since the Assassins Den is already buzzing with activity, I prepared my 2nd challenge here.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Well, second challenge did not work out so well. While the next challenge already started without me I'll use the time to get back on the horse.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

The 3rd challenge, went better then the second challenge but not really good. I was way behind my workout goals, mainly due to lazyness. One (actually TWO) silver lining(s): I managed to reactivate the neglected food logging habit AND had lots of fun with the assassin's guild mini challenges. Those turned out to be my main physical activities :) 

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Since I didn't manage to keep my workout schedule during the last challenge, I gave it a extra push in challenge #4: "Move, move, move!". I wanted to workout every day doing Darebee's "Hero's Journey"... at least that was the plan. And I wanted to give the 1 pull-up training another chance. A more easy to fulfill task was the "Don' forget what you learned" mission. I just went through the Wing Tsun forms and did some chain punches. Since I move to Germany, my live quest was move oriented. Every day something had to be done.

So how did it go? Not too bad, really. Not to good either. I failed the Hero's Journey and just did 20 out of 42 days. Well compared to the last challenge that's still quite good, since according to the numbers I trained every second day. But I set the goal high on purpose. In the pull-up and Wing Tsun quests I managed to score a D. Just a D, but still better than before and with all that was going on (move preparation) it was on the lower limit of OK.

The good news is that the daily move preparation tasks went fine and the mini challenges went well (and were fun).

I decided now to continue with the "Hero's Journey" and see how long it will take to finish it.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

​Hero's Journey #1

​Finished the first 20 days in 42 days and scored 2860 (720 + 320 + 610 + 450 + 560 +200) so far.

Now the journey continues...

Tue. 15.12.: Day 21 - The Return - 5 sets - 100p

Fri. 18.12.: Day 22 - Allies - 5 sets - 100p

Mon. 21.12.: Day 23 - The Chase - 5 sets (~120 high knees) - 100p + 200p

Wed. 23.12.: Day 24 - Core Power - 100p + 50p

Fri. 25.12.: Day 25 - Down to Business - 100p + 150p (changed weapon from Heavy Sword to Red Ribbon)

Sun. 27.12.: Day 26 - Warrior Spirit - 100p

Thu. 31.12.: Day 28 - Under The Stars - 100p + 50p (oops, wrong day)

Sun. 3.1.: Daz 27 - Seven Assassins - 700p

Since I will continue in the upcoming challenge with this tomorrow, let*s have a look at the score:

first 20 days: 2860

+

7 more days: 1850

=

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

New challenge is up!:

Iceburner #5: finish it, start again!

This time just 4 weeks, so let's work hard! :)

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Just looking at the outcome, this challenge seems to be a failure. Well, during my challenge I moved to another country and started a new job. So I do not take it as a failure but a challenge with extra challenges.

The challenge's life quest went very well and I discovered that I like the shovelglove. Althoguh I didn't perform that well I will continue with it in the next challenge. Same with the Mission to try something new, that I had to postpone.

My personal negative in challenge 5 is the slow progress of the Hero's Journey. In 4 weeks I managed 11 days. Not close to my ambition, but I really lost motivation. Nonetheless I want to finish it.

So let's recap before continuing:

- challenge #4: ----------------------------- 20 days, 2860 points

- Christmas and New Year holidays: - 7 days, 1850 points

- challenge #5: ----------------------------- 11 days, 2100 points

So 38 days with 6810 points in about 3 months...let's continue!

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Haven't written anything here for about 2 years, but I'm back and it's time to start once more all over and this time even more ambitious.

I went over to the NF Academy and started all over. I read through the mindset module again and started to check the first quests, cleaned up my character sheet and created new epic quests. One of them is a pretty ambitious 90-day workout program and I am psyched.

Probably it will take a lot of willpower (probably more than I have) but I planned for a lot of good loot that I want and the last lootable item will be a thing that even my wife wants. So she is basically my backup willpower. Additionally: This battle journal which I'll once again fill with awesome progress info.

Enough words, let's start!

• Like 1

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

So I came up with a backstory for my character 'Iceburner' and added it to my character sheet. I want to develop the story and use it as a thread guiding me from challenge to challenge.To be on the safe side I'll post it here as well:

This hero's life was an ordinary and comfortable one until one day the shaman of the village foretold him a great danger. Adiposis, the Obesity Oger, offspring of Sloth, god of the lazy, and Gluttony, goddess of the ravenous was about to destroy his and his family's happy life if not stopped.

So he searched the archives of the world's biggest library and soon discovered the location of the NerdFitness Academy, a place where one was taught how to fight this evil monster, his brethren and the gods that created them. He joined and quickly learned that he had to train his mind and body to be able to face Adiposis and his alike. And he gave himself the name Iceburner, because he had a lack of imaginiation when it comes to good names, so he just translated his name to the tounge of the natives of the Academy.

Iceburner discovered that he was not alone in this quest. A rebellion had formed and after he had learned how to follow the teachings of the Academy he joined the Assassins Guild. With them he was able to undertake several quests and fought valiantly though sometimes awkwardly against the Obesity Oger's minions, defeated them so that Adiposis was forced to retreat to the dark realm.

Victory was near!

But Sloth, god of the lazy, had somehow convinced his cousin the goddess Liability to send their sons Strain and Burden to diviate Iceburner from the path of awesomeness and he strayed. Weary from battle he decided to settle in the valley of Cosy and let the rebellion continue the fight without him. And he and his wife lived happiliy... until...

Until our hero relized that the minions of Adiposis were creeping up on him again. Gluttony had send the Hordes of Candy while Sloth diverted him with Videogames. Iceburner knew it was time to pick up weapons again. But during his time of absence he had realized that he was at best just a mediocre Assassin and he wanted to retaliate with a vengeance. So he decided to follow the way of the Rebel doing whatever needs to be done to best Adiposis and his minions.

So he picked up two cudgels and set out again to give the Obesity Oger a good beating... with a vengeance!

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

I started my next 4-week-challenge here:

SLAYING THE BELLY BEAST

Story:
The Belly Beast, one of the many minions of the Adiposis, had watched Iceburner secretly over the last year, using every oppotunity to grow until it was ready. It just appeared once in a while, peered at him from under one of his old T-Shirts. Sometimes it hid in plain sight when Iceburner was walking by a mirror on his way to the shower. Its time was now. It leaped at him heading directly for his eyes.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Successfully

- finished my challenge

- reached lvl. 10 Elite Cadet in Rebel Mini: Boot Camp

- and leveled up:

Epilogue

BAAM!!!... with a final decisive bash Iceburner knocks the Belly Beast to the ground where it lies unable to move. After an exhausting fight that seemed like... err... weeks, the battle is won. Time  to give the beast the final blow...

But wait, now that it lies before him, breathing heavily Iceburner sees that it seems somehow different... almost changed. While it was more blob-like in the beginning, now it seems to have lost some substance. Yes, while still kind of voluminous it's more... hmm... well shaped? Ok, it's still looks more like a beer keg than a six-pack, but the taint of evil seems to have vanished...

Iceburner carefully takes a step closer as the beast slowly opens his eye and looks at him. Awww... look a this puppy eye (wait, that can't be right?... Must be the navel...)... how cute. Maybe he wouldn't need to kill it, he could keep it, train it, make an ally and fight with him side by side? But can he trust this creature? Probably not too much. But right now in this state the Belly Beast is helpless. OK, let's give it a try.

He covers it with a T-Shirt and secures it with a leather belt. The Belly does not resist just purrs content. Iceburner quickly prepares a healthy meal which the Belly gobbles up making happy noises:

nomnomnom.gif.763059e3f08b794e97c01362776646b3.gif

'Alright, this could really work!', thinks Iceburner:' More healthy food and strict training and I make Beasty Belly out of this Belly Beast.'

After feeding the Belly and making sure it fell sound asleep, Iceburner takes a look around at the scene of the battle. His camp where the attack occurred is in disarray. Dumb bells, yoga mats and sweaty clothes are all over the place. Time to clean up. Wait a minute... has this bag been here before? Did it belong to the beast? But how would a beast... nevermind. Iceburner opens the bag and finds some sweet loot:

- Hide of the Belly Beast (did it have an extra one? Probably the winter hide), enough to make a training vest, a shirt and new swimming trunks out of it

- 4 books on martial arts (glad the Belly didn't read them beforehand)

- The captains log (Some adventurer must have used it before, maybe there is some valuable information. I can use the empty pages to log my progress)

and

- A little wooden box with a clever Kobold inside (Could help to track my food and give me valuable tips, I should keep him?

Later that night Iceburner sits by the fire and looks at the stars. 'What a strange and wondrous story I got myself in. I wonder what comes next...'

Level UP!

I use this system: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33333-archive-outdated-creating-your-character/

Subquest 1: To beat the Beast, become the Beast

Rating: A - 23 training sessions completed, Attribute Reward: STR: +4, STA: +1

Subquest 2: Use skills and knowledge

Rating: A - 99.9% of my food logged, Attribute Reward: WIS +1, CON +1, STA +1

Subquest 3: If you don't know what to do, just punch him in the face

Rating: A - All 8 Training sessions completed, Attribute Reward: STR: +1, STA: +1, DEX +2

Life Goal: Level up

Rating: A - Level up to Lvl. 79 on Habitica, Attribute Reward: STA +2, CHR +1

+ Bonus ToDos 7/12

old stats:

Lvl. 5 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 0 Rebel)

STR: 5.75 ~ DEX: 3.5 ~STA: 7.75 ~ CON: 8 ~ WIS: 14 ~ CHA: 6

overall stats increases:

STR: +5 DEX: +2 STA: +5 CON: +1 WIS: +1CHA: +1

new stats:

Lvl. 6 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 1 Rebel)

STR: 10.75 ~ DEX: 5.5 ~STA: 12.75 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 7

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

So in between challenges I allowed myself a break and just relaxed. Getting back into the routine and defining the new challenge goals took a while but I did it. 

So here we go with challenge #8:

And this is how the story continues:

A few days later as he was on his way back to the Rebels Guild Camp a came along a small hut. It had a small untamed garden with a small well and was fenced by a badly maintained wooden fence. Smoke was coming from a small crooked chimney. In front of the house there was a small wooden table where an old man was eating and drinking noisily, before he looked up and waived for Iceburner to come closer.

And this is how Iceburner met The Old Master

kungFuMasterAdvices.gif.f62b3da227bceac1922c4ee7580096fb.gif

As Iceburner gets closer to the table a big grin appears on the old man's face. "So you are Iceburner? Thought you were bigger...", says old one and takes a huge bite off the chicken leg he casually swings around while talking. "You know me?" "No, just heard of you. About your deeds, but also about how lazy and overconfident you get once you achieved your goal!" says the old man pointing the chicken leg accusingly at Iceburner. "And let me tell you. I will have none of that as long as I teach you!" "Wait what...", Iceburner starts, but is stopped by a backpack hitting his face. "First, go to the village and fetch some things for me, will you? There's a list in the bag. Then come back immediately, because you need alot of training. Now hurry and don't dawdle. " Confused and not sure how it came to this Iceburner hurried towards the village.

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

So I finished my challenge with questionable success. Here is what happened:

Epilogue

*Zing* *whuawhauwhuaWHUA* *whoooOOOOOoooosh* ...and Iceburner lies flat on his back. For a few minutes he just lies there, breathing heavily. 'Damn time travelling,' he thinks. 'At least I survived the Dino Age with the other rebels.' He pulls himself up with a groan and dusts himself off. 'I wonder if I made it back to my own time?' Will still patting himself to see if he is still in one piece, he stares at a small hut that looks pretty familiar as suddenly...

kungFuSlap.gif.5c82017b022b30efc38e4c8c00a49f67.gif

*BAAM*

A hard slap from behind sends him flying and as he finally hits the ground he hears a women screaming at him from behind: 'So first you disappear on your master and now you dare to trample all over his vegetable garden?'  Iceburner looks up in surprise, then sees a middle aged women standing above him with her hands on her hips. 'What? I... no... I mean... ,' Iceburner stammers as he's looking from the women to the swath of destruction his arrival must have left. 'Sorry..., err, who are you?' 'I'm Ruth, the master's housekeeper, which you would know, if you wouldn't have just disappeared. Really boy, the master is very disappointed!'

Boy? ,Iceburner thinks, She cannot be that much older than me. And how does she know me though we never met? These and more thoughts race through Iceburners head, but he decides to keep them to himself and instead sighs and asks: 'Where is the master?'

'Right behind you!', says Ruth and points at the entrance of the hut. Iceburner turns around. The master doesn't seem to be happy.

kungFuMasterDisapproves.gif.8b7cd9eadda9f384423cf312d0c077b2.gif

Although still not sure how he possibly can explain his time travel adventure Iceburner nonetheless tries. The old man seems to accept the story as explanation for Iceburners disappearance, but not as excuse for his lack of training.

'I am disappointed in you, go!', he says, turns around and steps into his hut. Over the next days Iceburner tries to make amends by fixing his garden, but the master is adamant: 'Maybe I was wrong and it is too early for you to learn what I have to teach you! Go and do not come back until you're ready!'

So Iceburner leaves the masters' hut behind, and while he's happy to get away from this horrendous housekeeper, it feels like a missed opportunity...

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!" 

Time to think about the next challenge...

Iceburner

Battle Log

"Kaizen!!!"