• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Viscura

First Taekwondo class...

I'm just gonna die right over here in this corner, but not before I say - hells yeah! I did something I've wanted to do for years, and made it all the way through my first ever class without having to bow out.

Sure, I was awkward as hell and I'm gonna go die now, but that's cool, cos I did that shit :redface-new:

Like_a_boss.gif

• Like 2

Good for you!  Despite most opinions on TKD, I encourage EVERYONE to take a martial art.  Find one that is right for you and get busy!  If you love this class, then devote your whole heart to it.  Be the best at it!  Study hard, train everyday, and NEVER give up.

OSS!

• Like 2

I'm in a small town, and limited to what's actually available to me that I know I can regularly get to - my choices were TKD or karate.

Last week I watched a class and chatted to instructors and students, on Friday I took the class for free. Main considerations were around whether it's something I could do sustainably, and whether I could see it helping me with my fitness goals. It seems to fit both of those, and I enjoyed doing it.

That's enough for me to put myself to work :)

I'm in the same boat, I've been doing judo for the last 4 years and was hoping to continue on my journey, but I also had to relocate to a small town and the only things available here are karate and tkd. There's a bjj place but it's kind of a drive, so I'm gonna make do with what I have and give a stab at tkd. I used to train kickboxing at a tkd dojo before, they had a competitive team made up of their top tkd pupils, and I was there to be a body in exchange for the training. it was cool and I picked up how quick and accurate they were right away, but I've never actually trained or taken tkd before

• Like 1

HELL YEAH!  Congrats!

TKD is an amazing art that will teach you both discipline and focus, not to mention some sweet sweet kicks.  

The first time you stick a spinning back kick, you'll be on top of the world!

• Like 2