Can your whole life change in less than a year? Hell YES.

I was pretty good about a year ago, I was planning on moving together with my 2-years boyfriend, I had a job and was planning a trip through Europe with one of my friends... so I decided I wanted to FINALLY start taking exercise seriously. I joined a gym, started aikido classes and it felt great. I even joined one 6-week challenge and was ready to SLAY IT.

And then, 2 weeks later, everything started to crumble. I was taking a weekend off with my boyfriend at the coast, and after a great day at the beach I took a shower. And when I came out of the bathroom, I discovered that he were trying to check the conversations in my phone. This is a big no-no for me. Long before we even were dating, we talked about how that exact thing happened to me in a previous relationship. Also, it wasn't the first time either, he knew that I wouldn't be happy at all. So I broke up with him.

A week later, cleaning at home, I twisted my hand and my chronic tendinitis hit back HARD. Almost a year later I am still recovering. So I quitted aikido, because martial arts with one hand are basically martial arts without half your body. Now, I know I should have gone to the gym and done other activities, but I thought I would recover in a few weeks, so I just waited. I could still be waiting for all that matters haha

With that landscape I already was demotivated. I was lucky because I still had a few friends and went out once per week or so, but I started to fall slowly in any other aspects in my life. I was pretty happy because I quickly realized that breaking up with that guy were totally for the best (I'm omitting a lot of s**t here, take my word), but I still felt like a chair with a broken leg. So my job went down too.

Now, the good thing is I started using twitter more. This may sound as a terrible thing because it's a productivity killer, but actually I met a group of great people that reaaally aligned with my values, my interests and my vision of life. Thanks to that, we became good friends and we can actually discuss the things that really matter to us, and it made us grow (intelectually and emotionally) a lot.

I started a masters degree and started to work again. Nowadays I am finally taking my business seriously. I am also (slowly) changing my diet towards a vegan diet and so far it has been a success. I'm starting to feel like a phoenix (sorry European constitution obligates me to insert here Conchita Wurst's song) and I want to exercise again! I want to feel strong and fit and (of course) sexy again. So I will start really slow with easy bodyweight and aerobic exercises.

TL;DR:

I went from:

- job, boyfriend, almost moving together, exercising, to

- no job, no boyfriend, severe injury and therefore no exercise... and then back to

- better job, studying again, still single but better than ever, major diet changes and injury almost recovered.

Ready to slowly start exercising again and RISE LIKE A PHOENIX :victorious:

• Like 3

Hell yeeeeeeeaaaahhh!!

Good on you for dusting yourself off and getting "back on the horse". We will be waiting on the Phoenix to rise. 

It sounds like you managed to figure things out as to how you will go forth. That's great. Leave the past in the past and focus on where you want to go now.

Keep us posted.

Chris Brooks

<Chris2Brooks>

Level 1 (RESPAWNED) - Elf Assassin

STR 1 | DEX 1 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | Twitter | Duolingo