New Rebel reporting for duty!

Hi there,

I've been reading the NF site for about a week now and have been completely amazed by how much it "speaks" to me. Decided to join the Rebellion and here I am. :D

I'm a 39 year old male from Portugal, never been much into fitness but always managed to be relatively fit. The last few years have been harder on me with finding a few health issues related to my joints and bones and stopped what little exercise I had been doing. The doctors I went to told me I couldn't do any kind of exercise except to go for a few walks and it really got me down.

Got heavily depressed about 2 years ago after being unemployed for 2 years and having to give up on living alone and (especially hard for me) having to give my 2 dogs to my parents because I had to move in with my brother, who has 2 cats. I got professional help and have been steadily rising out of the darkness and finding myself happy again, even if my living conditions are not the best possible.

I've decided to start exercising again and I am determined to prove those doctors wrong.

I have been doing the daily 10 minute walks and the Beginner Body Weight Workout for the last week and I already feel like I have more energy and a better mood during the day.

Was thinking of joining a challenge but it has been 4 weeks already since it started so it's not probably a good idea, especially because I wouldn't even know what main quest to choose for 2 weeks, lol.

Forgot to say I'm a bit of a nerd myself (why would I be here otherwise, lol), used to read a lot of Marvel and DC comics but they've been extremely convoluted the last years, played World of Warcraft for about 8 years, still play Diablo 3 occasionally, Rift, Guild Wars 2, love the Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones universes. :)

Well, that's me in a nutshell.

Cheers. 

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. It's always good to have new rebels and you couldn't ask for a more supportive online group. Congratulations on working through your depression and I hope things keep looking up for you.

<p>Level 3 Troll AssassinSTR: 5.5 DEX: 2 STA: 6.75 CON: 3 WIS: 12.75 CHA: 5.75My Battle LogThe First Official Challenge of MOBIUS!!  The SECOND Official Challenge of MOBIUS!!  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/69290-the-return-of-mobius/  Weight Loss Goal (106 lbs of 150lbs)

70.6%
70.6%
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."