• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Robot_Monerz

Resistance Bands vs Body Weight

Hey there!

So I live in a remote fly in community, above the Arctic Circle...and there is no gym that I can go to, nor am I about to ship any weights up.

So...I have my body, and I have resistance bands. I was wondering if one is better than the other? My purpose is to lose weight, so I get that I need to build muscle and eat at a deficit.  

I started doing the Beginner Body Weight Workout, and I would say that I am ready for something a step up. I increased the amount of squats I did, as well as the length of the plank. My push ups are still the saddest thing. 

Do you guys have a suggestion for a routine I could start? And should I continue with body weight exercises? Or is it more efficient to use a resistance band instead?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Like 1

You definitely can stick to bodyweight exercises, because there is a myriad of ways to progress with these and make them harder (using no equipment at all).

Check out my article on my website for details on how to progress with bodyweight exercises.

If you really like to use that resistance band, you could use that to make bodyweight exercises harder, for example strap it under your feet and over your shoulders and do bodyweight squats. But it's definitely not necessary to achieve the goals you have.

Good luck with your weight loss journey =)

here and here are 2 pretty good bodyweight routines you could try, I personally use the one on reddit and am really enjoying it, though my wrists are complaining atm about the handstands.

Startbodyweight has a nice infograph on progressions for various exercises.

• Like 1

Question: in what way are you thinking of using the resistance band?

I am not entirely sure. I assumed (based on no fact, really), that they would add efficiency to my workouts. Maybe I could do something better with a resistance band than without? 

Essentially - I would like to workout as efficiently as possible for the purpose of weight loss.

You definitely can stick to bodyweight exercises, because there is a myriad of ways to progress with these and make them harder (using no equipment at all).

Check out my article on my website for details on how to progress with bodyweight exercises.

If you really like to use that resistance band, you could use that to make bodyweight exercises harder, for example strap it under your feet and over your shoulders and do bodyweight squats. But it's definitely not necessary to achieve the goals you have.

Good luck with your weight loss journey =)

Thanks! I'll check out your site. I don't really want to make exercises harder for no real reason. Just thought the bands might help!

Thanks! I'll check out your site. I don't really want to make exercises harder for no real reason. Just thought the bands might help!

If you can do the exercise sufficiently already then making it harder is what drives the improvement. 

• Like 1