• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

StephanieB

Young Padawan in training here!

Hello all!! I am new to Nerd Fitness and fitness in general. I am on day four of joining and would like to join an Adventurer forum and later progress to a Ranger. I need help!

Stephanie B.

• Like 1

Welcome Stephanie!! Best way to get help is asking for it (which you have). Tell us a little about yourself, your goals, anything you'd like to let us know.

The community here is extremely helpful and supportive so don't be shy.

Thanks!! ---well here goes: I am a 31 year old female, mother of one. I have a wonderful husband who supports me with all my crazy diet and fitness plans. We are both HUGE nerds. My favorite movie is Star Wars if you can't tell by my thread title. I have been struggling with my weight ever since I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition. I am weighing in at my heaviest at 175 lbs. My goal weight is 130 lbs and I am looking for a flat belly (don't have to have abs just can't look at these rolls anymore). I have been with Nerd Fitness for four days now and I look forward to every entertaining and informative email. One of yesterday's quests was to choose which character class I fit in. I figured I would start with Adventurer and work my way to Ranger. I am considering the Paleo Diet and the Beginner Body Weight Workout. I also want to participate in the next 6 week challenge but not sure how to get that going. Well, that's about it. I have to get in shape so I can play with my son without getting winded. Please help!!

• Like 2

Hola, Stephanie!

Welcome to The Rebellion! I'm The Shogun. Guild Leader for the Monks. Hopeless whovian, among other dangerous fandoms; English teacher by day, Ninja by night.

Next challenge should start in about three weeks. When that happens, a section for it will open in the forums as the one for the current challenge. There's a section of the challenge specifically created for those who are participating in their first six week challenge. Trust me, it's a lot simpler than it looks. Essentially, you just choose four goals, four things you want to accomplish, four ways you want to level up in your life. Usually, it's three goals related to diet and fitness and one related to your life. (professional pursuits, studies, finances, etc). In the meantime, you can get familiar with how challenges work by visiting the forums section of the current challenge. If you just can't wait to get started. I'd suggest to try the Beginner Bodyweight Workout: I started with it and it's a great way to start your journey. I'd also suggest start making small changes to your diet. =D

More info on how Challenges work.

Current Challenge Forums.

If you need any more help or if you have any more questions. Don't hesitate to ask or even send me a private message. You'll find plenty of support in this community, as well as awesome people. Many of my most valuable friends I met them here. =D

Again, welcome! =D

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great info! I actually did try the Beginner Body Weight Workout when I came home today. I am SUPER out of shape. I did one full circuit, minus the dumbbell row due to recovering from some minor back pain from last week (I didn't want to over do it). My thighs feel like jell-o!

Then, that's your first goal! To successfully complete three circuits of the BBW. I couldn't get past the first one either on my first try. No even Neo can do it. 

That's goal one.

Goal Two: Set an amazing profile picture.

Goal Three: ????

Goal Four: Profit!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the great info! I actually did try the Beginner Body Weight Workout when I came home today. I am SUPER out of shape. I did one full circuit, minus the dumbbell row due to recovering from some minor back pain from last week (I didn't want to over do it). My thighs feel like jell-o!

That Bodyweight workout will do that to you. I started with that with my fitness journey almost 3 months ago. It will make your thighs feel like jell-o for a bit but it's GREAT jell-o!! I've not been able to finish the full three circuits of it, especially the lunges, those just kill me right now. Between that and the Angry Birds workout, those are really great to work on. 

As for the first challenge, Shogun has it pretty straight, just set up a few goals (i.e. exercise goal + cooking goal + life goal) and explore your options. Take a look at the current Recruits and look at some of their goals they have set up. Most importantly, enjoy yourself!

• Like 1

I know this is a few months old but any chance you can post a link to the Beginner Bodyweight Workout? I'm brand spanking new(still have that new car smell and package stuck to the sides lol) and it sounds interesting and a possible good starting point, thanks!!

- Indy