[whitewineandcathair] make it so.

Captain's Log: May 15 2015

warm up: a series of Mountain pose, side stretches, forward-folds, etc.

10 x Sun Salutations (2 sets of 5)

10 x modified push-ups (2 sets of 5)

10 x up-downs

Pilates 100 (modified in tabletop position)

10  x single-leg stretch

10 x single straight leg stretch

5 x double leg lift

An average of 3:20 each:

bound angle

cow face (each side)

double pigeon (each side)

Total time: 40 minutes

Soundtrack: Spotify/Nike Women Gym Strong (Magic! 'Rude' made me turn off the music. Ugh.)

Captain's Log: May 16 2015

warm up: a series of Mountain pose, side stretches, forward-folds, etc.

15 x Sun Salutations (3 sets of 5)

an average of 30secs each:

pyramid
extended triangle
warrior I
warrior II

extended side-angle

10 x modified push-ups (nearly consecutive)

10 x up-downs

10  x single-leg stretch

10 x single straight leg stretch

5 x double leg lift
5 x roll-up
10 x corkscrew

Total time: 40 minutes
Soundtrack: Tartanic

I just started getting the Nerd Fitness emails yesterday. I consider the walking mission Done, Done, and Forever Done. I don't drive, and I walk a mile to and from work every day. Still, I walked to the bookstore yesterday and bought a grown-up coloring book to relax with. It's all intricate, artsy cats. I regret nothing.

My first step to improve my diet will be to find a good, solid breakfast for myself. After walking to work, I'm ravenous. I've been grabbing a leftover pastry every morning when I get to work (a bakery/restaurant) but am well aware I am not actually a hummingbird and should probably eat something more substantial. I want to start making grab-and-go protein bars/cookies for myself, and find something a bit healthier for my work-snack.

• Like 3

Today I made $120 granola bars.

I've had a rather rough week, emotionally and work-related. I've been putting off workouts, but decided today was the day. After about 15 minutes, I still wasn't feeling up to it, so I decided to take a break in the kitchen to make the breakfast bars that are part of my "one small diet change" before coming back to finish.

And I blew up the motor on my food processor. With a small explosion and everything. (I was absolutely pushing it too hard, even muttering about the fact that the Robot Coupe at work wouldn't give me this trouble. It didn't take the criticism well.) Especially sucky is that this mini-chopper was powered by my immersion blender, which was basically my favorite tool. Ever MORE sucky is that I'm having financial trouble right now, and just put myself on spending lockdown.

Fare thee well, Lord Blender. You will be missed.

I am so sorry that your blender picked today to test you.

Today is the day.

Thanks. I went back and gave it the ol' community college try...

Captain's Log: May 21 2015

warm up: a series of mountain pose, tree pose, side stretches, forward-folds, etc.

pyramid

extended triangle

warrior I

warrior II

extended side-angle

lunge... prayer... twist... thing

Five-Minute Cardio Dance Break

(Spotify's #ThrowbackThursday threw me 'Everybody (Backstreet's Back)' and apparently that counts as "my jam" today.)

10 x up-downs

10  x single-leg stretch

The first half of POP Pilates Upper Body Workout

Total time: 40 minutes (non-consecutive)

Soundtrack: #ThrowbackThursday on Spotify

Thus ends my first week tracking my workouts, meaning I should now be pushing myself to increase my time. It's clear that 40 minutes is my upper limit at the moment.

Sorry to hear about your blender..

And happy to hear that you went through with the workout inspite of other commitments..

I myself have been on a gaming binge for the past 3 days,but I somehow squeezed in a workout after 2 days...though I'm pretty sure your situation doesn't compare to mine,what with the blender and all,hats off for pushing through,and keep up the good work:)

• Like 1

I haven't been entirely inactive this week, but haven't had the energy for more than a few sets of Sun Salutations here and there.

I've been tracking my food a little, and it seems I'm WAY under my protein requirements. I've been trying to correct that, and it will definitely be part of my (first!) 6WC. I hope this is why I've been burning out every time I get excited about fitness.

Captain's Log: Two Days Ago or Something

My Feet Hurt! warmup including reclining pigeon, happy baby, shoulder stand, leg stretches, etc.

15  x single-leg stretch

15 x single straight leg stretch

5 x double leg lift
5 x roll-up
10 x corkscrew

lengthy amount of:

bound angle

cow face (each side)

seated head to knee (head was nowhere near knee)

seated forward fold

Total time: ??
Soundtrack: Spotify Bollywood Workout

Captain's Log May 28 2015

warm up: a series of mountain pose, tree pose, side stretches, forward-folds, etc.

pyramid
extended triangle
warrior I
warrior II

extended side-angle

(I'm working on a good warrior flow that will eventually include warrior III and dancer, which are nigh impossible for this billowy entwife.)

deep, lengthy amounts of...

bound angle

cow face (each side)

seated head to knee

seated forward fold

cat-cow-child's pose flow
balancing the cat (including holding ankle behind head in a dancer-like pose... is there a name for this?)

Five Minute Cardio Dance Party because it was, in fact, getting Hot in Herre.

15 x modified pushups (3 sets of 5)

Pilates 100

20  x single-leg stretch

20 x single straight leg stretch

Total time: 56(!) minutes

Soundtrack: Spotify Heaviest Hits Throwback Workout

I was very, very surprised by my time today, and I don't know if it's the amount of protein I've been shoving in my face-hole this week, or if it's simply the fact that I finally got smart enough to bring a fan into my workout room. Or magic.

• Like 1

I haven't been quite as inactive in life as I have been online. A few sun salutations and pushups here and there, I've done two of the shorter Blogilates videos. I'm going to need to set specific days for my 6WC, and make sure I'm fueling myself properly.

Protein is apparently more difficult than I thought, but I am paying more attention to what I eat now. At work, I often don't care for the meaty entree (or it contains peppers or something else I can't eat if I plan to work for another three hours) so I end up eating carbs with a side of starch. On the other hand, I made myself a ham, egg, and cheese sandwich on an egg bagel the other morning, counted up the protein and realized it was over half of my daily goal. Too bad I can justify eating that every day.

Captain's Log: June 9 2015

25  x single-leg stretch

20 x single straight leg stretch

5 x double leg lift
10 x corkscrew

deep stretching:

bound angle

cow face (each side)

seated head to knee

seated forward fold

back-bends:

camel
bridge

(attempted) wheel

My back-bends seemed a lot deeper than usual this time, but my quads were BURNING for some reason.

Total time: 45 minutes
Soundtrack: Spotify's Bollywood Workout

Captain's Log: June 14 2015

warm up: a series of mountain pose, side stretches, forward-folds, etc.

Warrior flow. (See above.)

cow-cat-child's pose flow

balancing the cat

deep stretching:

bound angle

cow face (each side)

seated head to knee

seated forward fold

camel

Total time: 45 minutes (at least... I stopped the timer to get the fan from the living room and forgot to turn it back on for awhile)

Soundtrack: Pop Goes Classical, until Carry On Wayward Son came on, at which point I found a Supernatural playlist.

Captain's Log: June 18, 2015

warm-up: a series of mountain pose, tree pose, side-stretches, forward-folds

10x  Sun Salutations (2 sets of 5)

15 x modified push-ups (3 sets of 5)

10 x up-downs

Pilates 100 (modified in tabletop)

20 x single-leg stretch

20 x straight single-leg stretch

5 x double leg lifts

5 x roll-ups

earthquake

bound angle

cow face

seated head-to-knee (head nowhere near knee)

seated forward fold

camel

cat-cow-child's pose flow

balancing the cat

puppy dog

Total time: 49 minutes

Soundtrack: 80's Workout (Spotify playlist)

Captain's Log June 19, 2015

warm-up: mountain pose, tree pose, side-stretched, forward folds

Warrior flow: wide-legged forward bend, side-lunges, pyramid, extended triangle, warrior I, warrior II, extended side-angle, revolved side-angle, prayer twist lunge, warrior III, dancer

I'm still working on this flow. Currently, it's two or three breaths per pose, and the transitions are a little awkward. I've seen people go from warrior I to warrior III with just a little kick off the mat, but I can't even conceive of doing that. (Then again, I couldn't step forward from down-dog to a lunge until a few weeks ago, so... PROGRESS!)

balancing the cat

bound angle

double pigeon

reclining pigeon

pigeon

king pigeon

bridge

wheel pose (kind of)

shoulder stand

plough pose (supported on chair... my body is TERRIFIED of falling and won't let me do the full pose yet.)

Captain's Log: June 21, 2015

Warrior flow: wide-legged forward bend, side-lunges, pyramid, extended triangle, warrior I, warrior II, reverse warrior, extended side-angle, revolved side-angle, prayer twist lunge, warrior III, dancer

I watched a few videos and looked up a few of the poses in Light on Yoga, and suddenly realized something: the yoga teacher who taught me various warrior poses never told me to move my back foot. All this time, I've had it firmly planted at a 45-degree angle. I spent a good amount of time today playing with the transitions. They got easier, just harder to remember. It felt an awful like like practicing a dance routine.

Pilates 100

30 x single-leg stretch (2 sets of 15)

30 x straight single-leg stretch (3 sets of 10)

10 x double leg lifts

10 x corkscrew

5 x roll-ups

earthquake

10 x modified push-ups (CONSECUTIVELY. FOR THE FIRST TIME.)

5 minute dance party, because I had the timer off during the entire Pilates set and wanted to make sure I didn't overestimate my time.

Total time: At least 45 minutes.

Soundtrack: Ambient Lounge

Captain's Log: June 23, 2015

5 x Sun Salutations

Warrior flow: wide-legged forward bend, side-lunges, pyramid, extended triangle, warrior I, warrior II, reverse warrior, extended side-angle, revolved side-angle, prayer twist lunge, warrior III, dancer

bound angle

cow face

reclining pigeon

happy baby

reclined spinal twist

shoulder stand

(attempted) plough

bridge

(attempted) wheel

Total time: 45 minutes

Soundtrack: '80s... something

I was just not feeling it today. :(

Captain's Log: June 26, 2015

Pros of working out at home: Cats

Cons of working out at home: Cats

warm-up: mountain pose, tree pose, side stretches, and forward-folds with cat winding around legs

10 x Sun-Salutations (2 sets of 5) mercifully cat-free

Warrior flow: pyramid, extended triangle, warrior I, warrior II, reverse warrior, extended side-angle, revolved side-angle, prayer twist lunge, warrior III, dancer

I almost made the transition from prayer twist lunge to warrior III today. Almost.

Five-Minute Dance Party because Sean Paul

balancing the cat with actual cat testing my balance

puppy dog with cat attacking strings on my shorts

camel

bound angle

double pigeon

pigeon with cat cuddling my torso

king pigeon

8 x modified push-ups with cat aggressively attacking the strings on my shorts, so at 48:49, I called it a day

Total time: 48 minutes

Soundtrack: Heaviest Hits Workout

Workout buddy: this jerk

alfiechucks

• Like 2

Captain's Log: June 27th, 2015

In which our hero goes totally Yin...

warm-up: mountain pose, tree pose, side-stretches, forward-folds, dancer

5 x Sun Salutations (slooooow)

bound angle

cow face

reclining pigeon

shoulder stand

double pigeon

seated head-to-knee

puppy dog

Total time: 50 minutes

Soundtrack: Essence of the Renaissance (and the rain)

It is a bit chilly and rainy here today, which is actually my favorite weather. I was feeling a bit of ennui in spite of that, and decided on a relaxing Yin-style yoga session with classical music and a lavender candle.

• Like 2

Captain's Log: July 2, 2015

warm-up: mountain pose, tree pose, side-stretches, forward-folds

5 x Sun-Salutations

Today I noticed myself becoming extremely winded and my breath being out of sync with my movements. I've been trying to take my Sun Salutations slow to make sure I'm actually feeling each pose, and not moving too fast, but today was difficult.

bound angle

cow face

reclining pigeon

shoulder stand

upside-down lotus

balancing the cat

puppy dog

Easy Warrior flow: wide-legged forward bend, side-lunges, pyramid, extended triangle, modified warrior I, warrior II, reverse warrior, extended side-angle

Near the last five or ten minutes of my workout, I started to feel a little shaky and dizzy, and tried to make a compromise between pushing myself too far and giving up.

Total time: 50 minutes

Soundtrack: Classical for Everybody (This playlist included "epic movie" scores... if you've never done yoga at sunrise with Concerning Hobbits playing, or had Star Wars Theme start up when you're losing motivation... I highly recommend it.)

Captain's Log: July 3, 2015

warm-up: mountain pose, tree pose, side stretches, forward-folds

2 x Warrior Flow

bound angle

reclining pigeon

upside-down lotus

double pigeon

seated head-to-knee

seated forward fold

balancing the cat

I was really, really feeling it in my arms and legs for balancing the cat, warrior III, and dancer today. I like that they compliment each other and help find my strength and balance in those poses.

Total time: 52 minutes

Soundtrack: Classical for Everybody (I finally found the name of 1812 Overture, which was driving me crazy a few weeks ago. Yoga AND learning.)

Also, my elder cat walked into the room while Imperial March was playing and it suited him well. See below:

MAXTERMINATE!

• Like 2