What Should I Read Next? (catch-all thread)

I loved the Martian, By Andy weir! A trek to Mars gone wrong

Also 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami, A weird alternate dimension/ adventure/ mystery/ love story

the thought readers series by Dina Zales, it's not written the best but it's a really fun concept and the story keeps you pulled in, about people who can read minds, pretty neat

the Lorien Legacies Series(I am number four) by pittacus lore, this YA aliens fighting on earth series is fun, with lots of deep characters and lots of things to pull on your heart strings, this is a good one because the whole series is finished now!

peter and the starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson, a re-telling of the "Peter pan" origin that is witty and charming and totally new!

obviously the fault in our stars by john green is a good read for those of you who like to cry,

it's kind of a funny story by Ned vizzini is amazing, a look into mental health and teenage love. It's written in a style that is just fun to read, I think because it matches the way my mind thinks 

wonder by r.j. Palacio, a story about a boy with a physical disability and the way those around him cope with him, it's an emotional and fun book that will make you feel feels

the reckoners series Brandon Sanderson, another completed series, this book is about a world where people are granted super powers but the powers corrupt the host and turn them evil, the reckoners, a group of human resistance has to find these "epics" weaknesses and kill them, a fun read with lots of (intentional) bad meteaphors 

About a boy Nick Hornby, a great read, basically different from the movie and the show but it's amazing 

the hobbit jrr Tolkien, obviously a lot of Steve's message revolves around this and if you haven't read it it's amazing!

My grandmother asked me to tell you she's sorry by Fredrick Backman, an almost eight year old deals with grief in a strange way after the death of her granny, her best friend 

The Never Hero by T. Ellery Hodges,  Lots of hard work and training to become strong enough to save the world, but nobody will ever know what you've done. This is what faces our hero In "the never hero" as he meets an alien and becomes a warrior for planet earth that no one will know about! A great read and with a sequel set to release soon it's a good book to get into

Skin by Ted Dekker, a storm causes a car crash, forcing strangers to reside in a house to wait out the storm, when it passes they walk outside and the town is covered in sand! What's going on? How do they get out of here? And to top it off, there's a murderer on the loose!

Ready Player One by Earnest Cline, this is a nerdy book for nerds, get into it because it's a pretty fun read

That's neat, and so are you

One of my faculty just did a case study on Kate Germano, and now I am dying to read this -

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37558577-fight-like-a-girl

37558577.jpg

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

• spezzy unpinned this topic