This is my first time posting in the Respawn board, even though I've done so more times than I can count.  Yesterday I was inspired by Steve's article on starting over (yet again) and decided to join back up with the Rebellion.  I've been reading NF on and off for years, I've participated in 3 challenges (only succeeding in one), and frankly I'm a little embarrassed to be posting yet another "I'm back and serious this time" message because, honestly, haven't I been down that road before?  But I have to keep telling myself that I've learned and grown from my experience every time and than health is a journey, not an end point.  Even just looking over my previous challenge threads reminds me of how much I've changed since then.

So here I am, starting fresh and focusing on the positive. I've made some big strides toward better health this year: I've completed a Whole30 and the 30Day Shred (what can I say, I like challenges!) and am making the slow shift toward a totally Paleo lifestyle.  I've given up soda completely and learned a ton of new recipes and kitchen skills.  And yes, I've backslid over the last two months, but I'm committed to recovering my last save point and continuing on.

I'm back on NF because I really love the people here and I've learned that I need accountability in my life. I'll be joining in the next 6-week challenge, but I didn't want to wait until then to jump back in. So I'll be here, making some new friends on the boards, working toward better health, and planning my challenge goals.

• Like 1

Level 16 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

CURRENT CHALLENGE