Cleatorus: The Fitness Log

Hello! My name is Cleatorus, same as my WoW handle, and this is my Log. I would consider myself a Mountain Dwarf type at 4'11" and 170lbs. I am looking to be a warrior/ranger hybrid for strength and stamina. I want to be an adorable nature-loving, hiking, gardening person as well as a strong self-sufficient badass. I have let depression and stress eating keep me from living a healthy adult life. I used to play ITG/DDR constantly to keep in shape but after getting married and having a child my dance game routine has fallen to the wayside. . I have been getting into hiking and gardening as outdoor activities to be more active without scaring myself into being inactive again. I joined NF to be accountable to like-minded, accepting, individuals and to reach my lifestyle/weightloss goals.

This thread will be used as a daily log. Be it meals or activity, I will update thus once a day!  :wub: 

Nothing is older than yesterday  | Inspired to be better by my baby girl  |  DPS in game and IRL  

Main Goal: 205lbs to 170lbs Current: 180lbs

Daily Battle Log

Wednesday, May 20th:

10 Minute walk in the park at lunch

Today I spent 30 mins playing with Lily and walking the loop around the playground.

Coffee: 1 (w/ cream)

Water: 2 refills of waterbottle

Nothing is older than yesterday  | Inspired to be better by my baby girl  |  DPS in game and IRL  

Daily Battle Log

Thursday May 21st:

Completed the Beginner Body Weight exercises with relative (to 6 months ago) ease, could def improve on my plank!

Coffee: 1 cup, no cream, no sugar

Water: 1 bottle

Making a recipe for spicy sweet potato fries found in the NF recipe book, will update later.

post-39947-0-42314300-1432250531_thumb.j

post-39947-0-18263400-1432250832_thumb.j

Daily Battle Log

Thanks! I've done some basic weight training at the gym, (rowing, squats with weights and something where I hold a weighted bar and step up on this big foam block) in my office building and am really looking forward to getting back into it.

haven't joined a group like this before and am loving how helpful everyone seems to be :)

Love your pic, go Wonder Woman~

Daily Battle Log

Friday May 22nd:

Walked all around OTA with the hubby as part of our anniversary celebrations: 10099 steps/about 5.16mi

Did 5 squats, twice when visiting the restroom. So...5x2 I believe is how that works.

Signed up with my old trainer for 30 mins 2x a week strength training, plus a zumba class.

Completed 10mins cardio 

post-39947-0-07893100-1432346485_thumb.j

Coffee: 1cup

Water: 2 bottles

Daily Battle Log

Short beach/bay front hike 2.16mi

Two sets of 10 rows with a 10lb weight

Walked the distance between my in-laws and my in-law grandparents beach houses instead of driving/taking the golf cart over

Daily Battle Log

First real day back in the gym for lunch break:

3 sets of 15 reps squats using TRX suspension 

3x15 rows trx suspension

3x15 walking lunge

3x15 pushups on foam block

3x15 bicep curls, 10lb 

3x15 triceps kickback

This weird thing where I stand on one leg and raise the weight from waist level to above my head...3x15 on each side

I'm not sure what the last set is called but I will attempt to describe it: I stood upright in front of this machine that had arms with pulleys that attached to weights and did a sort of cross body pulling maneuver?? I don't know, i'll ask Hiromi next time I go in (thursday) what that exercise/machine is called.

Daily Battle Log

Thursday May 28th:

2 sets of 15 repetitions where I stepped up on a foam block and lifted a weighted ball above my head

2x15 lunge with 10lb in each hand

2x15 twist with weighted ball and throw to partner

5mins cardio

Arms are less sore, legs have minimal soreness. Improving!

Edit: Forgot to mention, picked up 30lbs to feel how much i'd actually lost and was pleasantly surprised. I'll post a pick of me the same when I get to 60lbs lost!

Daily Battle Log

First day back in the gym after my injury!

I did 3 sets of 15 reps, step up knee lift

3x15 squat walk w/ resistance band

3x15 hamstring curl using ball 

3x15 (I googled but couldn't find the name of this one, ill ask H when I go in next what it is called) I sat on a foam block with my hands behind me and tightened my abs to bring my knees to my chest (or as close as I could get)...kind of like I was a clam opening and closing. That's a weird image lolol.

10 mins cardio on eliptical

Daily Battle Log

6/11 - 30 min exercise, 1hr cleaning

6/12 - 1:30hr cleaning, 2hrs cooking

6/13 - 6am until 10am: cooking, 11am to 2pm: cooking, decorating, cleaning

6/14 - Not gonna lie, I slept a lot on Sunday. Did get in some walking but it was a short 10min or less walk.

6/15 - 2mi walk

6/16: my back is giving me some pain so I took it easy (well...easier  then my already pretty easy routine <.<;; )

Started with 20 mins cardio on eliptical

2x15 - elbow to hand plank

2x15 - static squat cable row (15 lbs)

2x15 - squat with crossover using cable machine

2x15 - crunch with medicine ball (15lbs)

3x15 - Speed skater 

Daily Battle Log

6/17 - No Gym, 1hr cleaning

6/18 

3 sets of 15 repetitions - cable pulldown 15lbs

3x15 - ....ugh i'm struggling to remember, something with a ball and a crunch like exercise

Sorry guys, it's monday morning and a whole lot happened between Thursday and now and I don't remember what I did. I was in the gym from 11:50 to 12:45, on my lunch break.

I'll update after each workout from here on out for my own accountability. I want to be able to look back and see my progress. 

Daily Battle Log

6/23

10 mins cardio on elliptical

3x15 - pull up on board

3x15 - standing on one leg arm curl with 10lbs

3x15 - tricep pulldown using cable machine

3x15 - jumping jacks

3xsomething - moving plank

Daily Battle Log

I am back from my hiatus! I was having a lot of back pain and decided to do something i've wanted to do since I was a teen, I got a breast reduction. They took out 3lbs of tissue and my back pain is completely gone. 

I've been in recovery from that and went back to the gym last Thursday, the 27th.

3x15 weighted squats (10lbs)

3x15 lifting a weighted ball from a sitting position

3x15 lay on back, legs on ball, roll ball under you with heels

3x15 lay on back, legs on ball, tighten ab muscles, relax, repeat

I went back today:

3x15 seated cable row (15lbs)

3x15 pulling weight via cable machine, arms out, to center

3x15 pulling weight via cable machine, both hands on one cable, turning at hips, to shoulder opposite of arm I was using to pull

I really  need to learn exercise names.

Daily Battle Log

Aah, i've been moving and only have internet at work so i'll have to do a more comprehensive update later. To be accountable, I went on:

8/30

10/6

10/8

10/13

1hr sessions each time, alternating arms, legs and core. Im still severely lacking in core strength...just generally in strength but i've made progress and that's all that matters to me right now.

Daily Battle Log