Protein Tips

Have you tried (no surprise here, I swear Quest should really add me to their payroll) Quest Cravings cups? 240 calories for 2 cups, 20g protein.  

I haven't, no, but I wouldn't be opposed to checking those out.  Might have to take a peek the next time I'm in Popeyes (which, knowing me, ought to be the very near future).

I think it's about time to explore the world of protein baking once more!

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of those smoked kipper snacks.  Canned herring has a very similar macro profile to beef jerky, and I love the taste... but you've got to enjoy fish. 

http://www.brunswick.ca/products/v/29

• Like 1

Ill have to take a look at soya beans and fish snacks . Cheers .

I made a bit of a discobery yesyerday as well. Tesco do a sunflower and pumpkim seed bread which is 140 cals per slice for almsot 7g protein. At £1.40 a loaf its more than a normal loaf of bread but £/g is pretty good ! ( and looking at your post Tanuki, thats better than cashews).

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

And don't buy their cookies and cream. I'm not sure who suggested that to me, but if I knew I'd still be yelling at them too.

I actually like ON's cookies and cream.  On the other hand, purchasing a 5-lb container of their cake batter flavor was a decision I definitely regretted.

• Like 1

I actually like ON's cookies and cream.  On the other hand, purchasing a 5-lb container of their cake batter flavor was a decision I definitely regretted.

This is how I feel about Amplify XL Vanilla protein powder. It's Vanilla, how bad could they mess it up, esp if the chocolate flavor was awesome? 

Drinking melted plastic with grainy sweetener bad is how badly vanilla can be messed up. 

Ill have to take a look at soya beans and fish snacks . Cheers .

I made a bit of a discobery yesyerday as well. Tesco do a sunflower and pumpkim seed bread which is 140 cals per slice for almsot 7g protein. At £1.40 a loaf its more than a normal loaf of bread but £/g is pretty good ! ( and looking at your post Tanuki, thats better than cashews).

Not gonna lie, that is the first loaf of bread that actually made my mouth water.  That sounds magnificent!

... -- most sausage does not have all that much protein.

You got that right. For lunch I'm eating some sausages that have less protein (each) than 1 slice of bread ! The supermarket is obviously so embarrassed that they list the nutritional facts "per 2 sausages".