Daily Princess Pineapple

Bank Holiday Monday and I managed to stay on track.

Breakfast: muesli and almond milk

lunch: lentil tacos

Dinner: I wasn't hungry so just had some grapes and a homemade cookie (banana, peanut butter, eggs and flaxseed)

Gym: Couchto5k, week 4 day 1 on a 1% incline.

No weights

Swim: leisurely 20 lengths and some messing about with my family in the pool.

Kids are off school this week so they'll be begging for a McDonald's every lunchtime. Have to resist.

Day 2.

Food: Ate 1606 calories according to myfitnesspal. A bit more than I'd like but I'm on antibiotics which I have to take with food. I wasn't prepared for the nausea so needed to eat and I didn't make the wisest choices.

Exercise: I didn't go to the gym but I went out for a walk locally. Only half an hour to the shop but I deliberately took a longer route.

I've been thinking about my goals for the next six week challenge and I think I'm there. I won't commit to them yet but there's a fortnight before I need to do that. I am definitely aiming for a running based one though so I signed up to a beginners running group and bought some new running shoes. I now have indoor and outdoor shoes, I'll look like a pro until I start to move, then I'll look like Jabba the Hutt but hopefully that will improve over time!

Day 3

Food: 1263 calories

Breakfast : Greek Yogurt and berries.

Lunch: tandoori chicken salad

Dinner: homemade chicken curry with rice

I found the recipe on a gluten free website, I made the curry sauce with cashew nuts, almond milk, canned tomatoes and spices. Lunch was from Subway. The children wanted a take away so I comprimised. A step forward because last week it would've been a burger.

Exercise:

Treadmill Couch to 5k week 4 day 2 (3mins run, 2 walk, 5 run, 3 walk, 5 run, 3 walk, 3 run, 2 walk) on 1% incline

Exercise bike 10 minutes

4km walk around the park

Today feels really good. I was so pleased to run for five minutes and to run for 16 minutes out of 26. I realise that it's nothing to so many people but it's a huge thing for me. I also took all my measurements and it's not as horrific as I thought although I still have a long way to go. I also made an appointment for a review with a gym instructor for the weekend.

I must read this post next time I want chocolate.

Day 4

Food: 1229 calories

Complete fail, I surrendered to the evil genius of Ronald McDonald and his burgers at lunch today. Fortunately I partially redeemed my self later and had a really small portion of homemade jerk chicken with a few baked slices of sweet potato. Completely crap on my nutrients though.

Exercise: rest day

I bought some new runners today, excited to run tomorrow! I've got an early morning swim planned too.

Day 5.

Food rest day: I don't like the phrase "cheat day". A conscious decision to eat what I like one day a week. It was 2200 calories as I ate out tonight. I'd had a chicken salad for lunch but chose a steak, ribs and salad tonight. I was doing ok until I had a banoffee sundae.

Exercise: I had a swimming lesson this morning. I can swim breast stroke like a dignified old lady but I need to learn to crawl. I managed 10 lengths as I was limited on time. Really chuffed with this though. Apparently my technique isn't too bad, I just need to become more co-ordinated with my breathing.

I also managed to fit in a 4km walk today despite being tight on time. Hoping to get a good workout at the gym tomorrow, I've got a review with the instructor. I'm going to discuss my long and short term goals and see what he suggests. Then I'll come on here and seek a second opinion!

Day 6

Food: 1610 calories.

This is more than I would've liked but I'm on two different antibiotics and they are making feel so nauseous. I'm having to eat frequently. I made some pancakes using eggs, oats and ricotta cheese and these feel 'carby' enough to settle my stomach when it's felt dodgy.

Exercise: I went to the gym today for a programme review with the instructor. He designed a programme to help me primarily lose some body fat and gain some core strength. It's mainly HIIT and some exercises with the kettlebells. He cut down my previous programme which was a bit of cardio and lots of resistance machines. I was exhausted at the end but I felt like I had really worked out. Much more than on my previous programme so that's great. I can have a review whenever I want so I think I'll see how I'm doing before the next six week challenge.

Day 7:

That's a week!

Food: 1235 calories.

Today has been really hard. I'm on two lots of antibiotics and I am feeling constantly sick. My usual remedy would be bread but obviously not since I'm trying to eat paleo as much as possible. I made a date, oat, cocoa and peanut butter fridge cake instead. That did the trick. Small 50 calorie sized pieces through the day kept me on track.

Exercise: nothing.

As hard as I tried I kept on the sofa all day. Movement didn't help the nausea. I also had DOMS from yesterday's workout which reaally didn't help the situation.

I'm worried about fitting in a decent amount of exercise next week as I'm going to be busy with work. I will do it because I want to but I think my housework may have to suffer.

Day 8:

Food: I only ate 950 calories today. I still felt too nauseous to eat. I tried to eat more but I just couldn't. I'll try and eat something before bed if I can tolerate it.

Exercise: The DOMS had worn off today so I went to the first session of my running group. It was 3km over 30 minutes including a 5 minute warm up and cool down walk. The rest of the session was 1 minute running and 1.5 minute walking so not too bad at all as I can run for longer than this. It was so much easier to pace myself in the group though. There are more session later in the week. I'm looking forward to them already.

Late post day 10.

Food: eggs and toast. Evil white bread.

Exercise: I went to them at lunchtime but after fifteen minutes I felt too sick to continue. I was ok with the cardio, but not the strength training. I went out for a run with Beginner's Running Group. I used my tracker this time, 3.1km in 28 mins, mostly walking but we up our game a little bit next week.

I've decided to stop the gym until I'm off antibiotics and feel better.

Food: just over 1500 calories today including a cheeky Magnum Ice Cream but I deserved it!

Exercise: I went to the gym early, swam 20 lengths and then went to a Spin class. I hadn't done one before but I enjoy the bike in the gym. I worked up a real sweat in the class but my bum aches now. I also ran with my beginners group again and Increased the time of our runs by 30 seconds. I didn't feel too bad afterwards

I managed to complete my daily goals for my six week challenge so I'm a very happy bunny.

I'm finding it difficult to remember to post to this and my six week challenge.

Food was around 1500 calories. I've fallen off the my fitness pal bandwagon so I need to start tracking them properly again.

Exercise: I went running for the fifth time with my running group. I didn't want to go, not for any reason other than I didn't fancy it. It's at a really inconvenient time of day for me. I can't eat dinner with my family and I usually insist on us eating our evening meal together. It is only for 10 weeks though so I decided to suck it up and go.

It was a 3km trek again, five minute warm up walk, then 1.5 secs run and 1 minute walk six times. I found it easier than the previous runs. My speed is progressing a little bit too.