I went to the doctor in March for a check up. I figured I haven't been to a doctor for one of those since I was like 2 years old...I might as well. The doctor told me all my blood tests came back way better than he expected since I weigh 373lbs. My cholesterol was on the low end (which is awesome) and blood glucose was awesome. Pretty much everything was awesome except my liver enzymes. They were pretty much 8-10 times too high. Since I don't drink alcohol he considered it almost non alcoholic fatty liver disease. He basically tells me I'm healthy except the possible NAFLD and I need to lose like 100-150lbs.

I return a month later and have gained 4lbs. So I start actually paying some attention to what I'm eating and not eating so much of it. I have definitely lost some weight/size but not sure how much. I go back to the doctor on Thursday the 28th to see about how much weight I've lost.

I'm a subscriber to the paleo style of eating and the Primal way of living/exercising (functional exercise and not 2 hours+ per day 5 days a week of weights). At one point a few years ago I lost almost 30lbs in 6 weeks on paleo. I really have a difficult time sticking with the diet even though I know I need to.

So my goals are to be more active on the forums...go to CNF2015 and continue being awesome!

-Dark

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali

Hello!

The Paleo diet is not necessary for weight loss. It's main advantage is that it's easy to avoid overeating with it (unless you eat too many nuts, too much coconut oil, etc.) You can eat pretty much anything you want, provided it supplies enough macro nutrients (protein, carbs, etc.) for basic body function. The rest is down to a calorie deficit. I'm not doing Paleo and I'm getting great results so far.

Can handle dairy? Go for it! Like potatoes? Go ahead! Portion control is the key. Here is a handy dandy calculator to help you with that.

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

I know it's not necessary...it's very easy for me to lose weight and get healthy with paleo. I've read a ton of literature about the alternatives and Paleo just makes sense...I'd love to call it something else but it's hard to come up with another name for it that encompasses what it actually is.

Thank you for the advice!

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest. "- Muhammad Ali