petefeet's Eight Adventure

Don't forget to have some fun! How is the garden progressing? I almost have zuchinni and green beans to eat and snap peas are ready.

This is pretty much my idea of fun, puttering around the house by myself. <g>

Gardens coming along, though it went in late. A couple blossoms on peppers and tomatoes, peas and beans are only 3 inches high, something ate the tops off 1/4 of my sunflowers, so I replanted the empty spots.

• Like 4

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

The recent bad weather has made life difficult for our little halfling. While finally getting a chance to see how his garden is faring, petefeet notices that a nearby pine tree has become uprooted and is in danger of falling towards his vegetable garden.

With limited tools and options available to him, petefeet finally decides on a course of action. By digging a hole under one side of the leaning tree, the halfling is able to direction the leaning tree to fall away from his garden. Using some the metal tipped animal training tools that he'd taken from the beast master's cell within the wall of the estate all those months ago, petefeet is able to undermine the root mass and fell the tree away from his garden.

It is hard and tiring work, made harder by the stinging of bugs and muggy weather. When finally done, our little halfling has no problem falling asleep.

petefeet dreams...

Finding the "Lady in Flames" is easy this time and petefeet feels none of the nervousness which plagued him last time he dreamed of her.

She is standing alone at the top of a low hill and appears to be staring at the stars in the sky. Wondering what could be interesting the "Lady in Flames" so much, the halfling carefully aligns himself behind her and looks heavenward.

There is a pair of stars that seem to be dancing together in the sky, each ringing the other as the float through the black veil of the nights sky. While not understanding what it means, petefeet never the less feels contentment sharing the view with her.

hey kids,

Lets see...

Been working every day in the basement, want to get as much done as I can this week so I can relax next week.

Been helping my brother dig out and pull out a line of pine tree stumps between his place and the neighbours, has to be all manual labour, no room for machinery. Certainly felt like manual labour! Covered in bug bites, tree sap and dirt, but we're all done.

Visited "LiF" last night as per normal on a Tuesday, she seemed in good spirits and we had a short time alone. I asked if she wanted to hit a booksale on Saturday, but her car needs work so money's tight, but she suggested next month might work. We also chatted about how Jupiter and Venus were in conjunction last night and we should have a good viewing. She also gave me a book that she had a double of and thought I would like, I was touched.

Once it got dark, I headed outside to watch the Jupiter/Venus line up, texted her to remind her and we went back and forth for a minute watching the same scene though separately. The writer in me would like to think the whole God of Thunder lining up with the Goddess of Love is foreshadowing... <g>

Jupiter - Venus

Main Quest:  Still at 187lbs, two pounds over my challenge starting weight. While I've been more active while on vacation, I'm not walking as much and I'm splurging too much.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done.  Over budget most days, "vacation diet" in full force! <g>

2.  2 of 3 Cardio done.

3. Body Weight exercises: Forced myself to catch up on these this afternoon.

10 of 80 Push-ups  
                                   0 of 100 Squats 
                                 20 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  
                                   0 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                   0 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds) 

50 of 150 Jumping Jacks  
                                   0 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
New this challenge       20 of 40 triceps drips

Life Quest:

Major: Two coats of paint on walls and ceiling, and started laying floors late this afternoon (only one box).

Minor #1 (Genealogy) (0 of 60 minutes.)

Minor #2 (Bookstore)  (20 of 60 minutes) two shipping quotes done

Minor #3 (Lodge) (0 of 60 minutes) 

Minor #4 (Writing)  (0 of 60 minutes.)

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

It's awesome to see how all your hard work paid off - your basement looks fantastic! :triumphant:

Thanks, still A LOT of work to go... Floors, repainted stairs, trim work, clad posts, electrical (brother doing), build shelves for 5000 books etc... I'll be busy for a while down there.

Once floors done and electrical done I can move the boxes of books into the room which should make my life easier.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Looks outstanding. Great job! I should have hired you! You should feel really great about this accomplishment. I love when it is all done,shines and new with nothing in the rooms. Then you start putting stuff back and clutter happens. At least in my case, hopefully not yours.

• Like 2

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Whoa, that is awesome. Good job. Love the red walls.

Thanks! "LiF" picked the colour, called "Flirt Alert", though she didn't know that. Should have floors down sometime after lunch (taking break now) and will post some pic's.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Thanks! "LiF" picked the colour, called "Flirt Alert", though she didn't know that. Should have floors down sometime after lunch (taking break now) and will post some pic's.

That is amazing! Love the universes' sense of humor  :lol:

• Like 4

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

Got most of my inventory (80%) into new space, giving me room to organize workshop side of basement so I can build shelves.

Backs done it, wine and T.V. time!

IMG 1688

IMG 1689

IMG 1690

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

It has been a mix of success and failure lately for our little halfling...

Success in that petefeet has gotten the major parts of his dwelling within the abandoned Pryde family estate completed to the point that he feels confident that this coming winter will be more comfortable for him and Mickey.

Failure in that so much time and energy has been put into the lean-too that he's hasn't done many of his exercises, combined with his lack of foraging for food has lead petefeet into using his limited stockpile of coins to buy meat pies from the good people of Apple Valley.

Now that the worst part of his job is over with, the halfling vows to himself to refocus his time and energy into living a better and healthier life like he was doing before.

Hey kids,

Not much of a story, but I'm back into my groove.

This is my last week of vacation and I'm going to take it a bit easier this week, I still have things to do in the basement (and will for months) but the worst of it is over with, so I can get back into routine.

Last week was a total wash. Almost no body weight done, ordered pizza twice, gained 4 lbs, barely checked in with the rest of you...

Will try and have a proper post tonight

Main Quest:  Weighted in at 186 lbs this morning

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done.  Back on the straight and narrow

2.  1 of 3 Cardio done.

3. Body Weight exercises:

10 of 80 Push-ups  
                                   0 of 100 Squats 
                                 10 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  
                                   0 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                   1 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds) 

50 of 150 Jumping Jacks  
                                 20 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
New this challenge    10 of 40 triceps drips

Life Quest:

Major:

Minor #2 (Bookstore)  (10 of 60 minutes) New inventory sorted

• Like 3

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Basement looks awesome! Come on up and help me with my bare walls, eh?

I was down your way a few weeks ago. Bought bread from the bakery and books from LiF. If she mentioned a hippyish lady with two boys - one who read an entire book there and the other wanted to buy a novel because it had a picture of a cat on the front - that was me and my boys.

• Like 3

Quest 1, Quest 2, Quest 3, Quest 4, Quest 5, Quest 6, Quest 7, Quest 8Quest 9, Quest 10, Quest 11, Quest 12 Current Quest

If diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. If diet is correct, medicine is of no need.- Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb

In an effort to get back into his routine of eating healthy and doing his exercises, petefeet has decided to stay away from the village of Apple Valley for a couple of days until his willpower has recovered.

With no lack of jobs to do around his corner of the abandoned Pryde family estate, the halfling decides to tackle the area he's called his "workshop".

As best as the halfling can tell this room, now without a roof probably was a storage room of some kind when the manor house was still being lived in. Since petefeet cleaned it out last fall when he decided to winter here, he's used it for simple storage of firewood and where he prepped and stored some of his foodstuffs. Now looking at it in the clean light of day as well as under full effect of the smells encouraged by the hot summer temperatures, petefeet realizes this area needs a serious clean out.

What started as a simple plan of sorting and/or tossing out items that are no longer needed, soon turns into a minor disaster!

Without realizing it, petefeet has somehow gathered up a huge amount of junk that he salvaged in his time within the estate and finds that he has too move everything he owns several times just to sort and then make an empty place to start fresh.

While the job took longer than the halfling anticipated, working within the confines of the cool stone walls away from the blistering heat keeps the halflings hands and mind busy and out of further trouble.

The job final done, the trash sorted from the items worth keeping, petefeet is able to stand back and feel proud of his effort. Completely his day, the halfling finds his garden dry and somewhat wilted, so he carries water as best he can to vegetables in an effort to encourage them along.

Dirty, tired but feeling good about his day, petefeet heads to his well deserved bed.

Petefeet dreams...

The halfling finds himself deep within a forest, the massive trees surround him and block visibility. 

The night is cool and refreshing, so the halfling doesn't let the situation overly bother him as he wanders through the forest. The trees not only block him seeing for any distance but also muffle the nearby sounds of the wilderness, for the deep growl of the Black Hound is no more than a dozen paces away before the halfling is able to hear it.

His earlier happy and carefree mood evaporates as the dread of the Black Hound quickly takes root within the halfling chest, even as his feet turn and petefeet races away from the tormenting sound. Racing through the trees, petefeet quickly loses all sense of direction and has no idea if he is running towards or away from the Black Hound.

A guiding light can be seen briefly through tiny spaces between the trees, the halo created by the "Lady in Flames". Will petefeet make it to her protective zone before the Black Hound runs the halfling down? Time will tell...

Hey kids,

Sorry for the delay in doing a proper post, the muggy heat and physical activity of the past couple of days has made being creative a chore.

I've been spending most of my time in the cool confines of my basement (the unfinished side) where I've been trying to organize more workshop area so I can think about building bookshelves. I swear I've moved everything in the basement 6 times!

Visited "LiF" on Tuesday as per normal, she loaned me several of her Bruce Campbell DVD's in honour of it being his Birthday last week. We had a nice visit, just chatted alone for a while, though she did bring up her Ex several times using his name in the present tense. I KNOW I have no right to feel jealous, and she's told me they still hang out from time to time, but this sounded like more than that. I was going to ask if they were back together, but I paused, chickened out and the moment passed.

Don't feel you have to make a comment, me writing this down just helps me get my own thoughts in order. I know she and I are friends, and have been getting closer as time goes on, but I'm just terrified of taking that step out of the "friend zone", because once you do, things are never the same. I've been giving myself the excuse that I wasn't going to do/say anything until I've been single a year (which I will be the middle of next month), because I needed to make sure "my" head was on straight.

Anywho...

Main Quest:  Weighted in at 184 lbs this morning

Side Quests:

2.  2 of 3 Cardio done.

30 of 80 Push-ups  
                                  20 of 100 Squats 
                                 30 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  
                                  40 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                   3 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds) 

50 of 150 Jumping Jacks  
                                 40 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
New this challenge    20 of 40 triceps drips

Life Quest:

Major:

Minor #2 (Bookstore)  (40 of 60 minutes) New inventory sorted

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Hey kids,

No story tonight, nothing worth writing about anyway.

Puttered in basement sorting inventory and taking pic's of books for more ads.

Went to local farmers market and picked up some fresh Strawberries!!! Brought them home, mashed half, sliced half, sprinkled with sugar and should be perfect for tomorrow. Also bought some fresh baking supplies so I can make Tea Biscuits tomorrow morning before it gets hot. Been close to a year since I've had homemade Strawberry Shortcake!

Texted "LiF" and asked if she wanted to come over tomorrow after work for a visit, to check out my basement and have Strawberry Short Cake, she said yes.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Main Quest:  Weighted in at 184 lbs this morning

Side Quests:

2.  3 of 3 Cardio done. Walk around subdivision before supper.  DONE

40 of 80 Push-ups  
                                  30 of 100 Squats 
                                 40 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  
                                  80 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                   4 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds) 

90 of 150 Jumping Jacks  
                                 60 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
New this challenge    30 of 40 triceps drips

Life Quest:

Major:

Minor #2 (Bookstore)  (90 of 60 minutes) New inventory sorted DONE

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Texted "LiF" and asked if she wanted to come over tomorrow after work for a visit, to check out my basement and have Strawberry Short Cake, she said yes.

Woo-Hoo!!

Hope you have/had a wonderful day :D

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: SET but not always ready

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Woo-Hoo!!

Hope you have/had a wonderful day :D

Will do a proper update later, "trying" to be productive at the moment doing bookstore data entry (boring...), but it was a wonderful visit, she was here for three hours, we're getting less "formal" around each other, no boundaries were crossed but my heart is trying to let "hope" in.

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

The recent spell of beautiful weather has kept our little halfling quite busy.

Before the heat of the day becomes too much petefeet does some foraging in the woods, in the middle of the day works to clean-up and organize his storage room for the upcoming winter and at the end of the day carries water from the nearby spring to his struggling garden.

It is while petefeet is watering his garden that his friend Hal the were-bear bursts out of the woods and quickly shambles towards the startled halfling.

Looking past the were-bear, petefeet raises his rag wrapped fists and prepares to help defend his friend against whatever might be chasing him.

A puzzled expression quickly crosses the halflings face as he is swept up in a massive were-bear hug as Hal pounds the little halfling upon his back saying "You foolish halfling, I'm just grateful to see you my friend, but gather your things I am in need of your help."

Shaking his head in wonder, petefeet never the less stops watering his garden, grabs his staff and canvas bag and hurries after the long strides of the were-bear.

While petefeet scampers after Hal, the halfling notices that some of the winter weight the were-bear was carrying when last he saw him is gone. Any further thoughts as too the cause of the weight loss are lost as Hal finally tells his friend why he needs him.

"My little cub is in some terrible pain and no matter what I do, it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I finally sought out some help and was told to look for a special flower which might help easy my cubs pain. The problem is, the flower only blooms with the setting sun and my eyes aren't the best for such a task, so I be needing your keen halfling eyesight to help."

As petefeet hurries his short legs to keep up with the were-bear, Hal explains that this flower usually only grows on the western banks of large lakes and they have to hurry if they're going to make it before sunset.

With only minutes to spare, Hal and petefeet reach the western edge of a beautiful lake deeper in the woods away from any area petefeet has been before. Hurrying to help his friend petefeet begins scanning the ground looking for the flower. The western shoreline is a ribbon featuring layers of fine sand, from light to dark, and right at the waters edge in the darkest band of sand tiny shouts pop their heads through and uncurl right before the halflings eyes.

"Careful now matey, I only need a couple petals and I was told you have to be quick since they'll flee back into the sand at the first touch."

Curious as too who might be the source of this mysterious wisdom, petefeet never the less pushes his questions aside and focuses at the task at hand.

With quick darting motions, the halfling is able to snap three petals from different flowers before they dart back into the lakeside sand just as the setting sun hits the clear lake water throwing the scene into a joyous riot of red and oranges.

With Hal eager for the flower petals, petefeet gently passes them over to the were-bear who quickly gives his thanks and disappears into the underbrush leaving the halfling alone. Shaking his head at his friend, petefeet turns back to the setting sun and drinks in the beautiful view.

The colours of fire dance upon the water, and petefeet allows his mind to drift imagining that the "Lady in Flames" is here beside him enjoying the scene. He can almost feel the warmth of her flames upon him and with his eyes closed, the halfling feels a contentment he hasn't felt before.

Hey kids,

Sorry I haven't posted many stories lately, finding it hard to make the time.

My friend Hal was over Friday afternoon for a brief visit.

He and his wife had to take their daughter to the children's hospital due to an ongoing/lifelong hip issue. The doctors are trying a new long lasting painkiller injection on her, trying to manage the pain until she stops growing and they can replace her hip. The drive from their house to the children's hospital is the better part of 3.5 hours, so they stopped at my place on the way home for a pee break.

Hal and his wife checked out my basement efforts, we had a brief chat able life in general, agreed that I'll come visit them the first week of August and they left.

They were gone about 45 minutes when "LiF" showed up. One of these days the two will meet.

We had a nice visit, watched Star Trek TNG, looked through the latest Graphic Novels that have come into my store, checked out my basement, had strawberry shortcake together and then she left. She was here about 3 hours.

Two things stand out for me from the visit, when she first came I got her a glass of water and passed it to her, when she grabbed it, she somehow captured my hand so I couldn't let go, and all I could think was "my god her hands are so soft!". <g>

Later on when we were in the basement and she was looking at room and all the boxes of books, she said "I would love to have a room this big for books." In my head I said "If we were married you would." Now why this surprised me so much is that all my life I've KNOWN that I would live my life alone, that a family was never in the picture (some of you know why), the fact that some part of me is thinking differently is honestly quite scary. It's a bit like hearing music after being deaf for 40+ years.

The only other thing that happened is that she pretty much begged to take all the books out of the 100+ boxes and put them on the shelves when I get the shelves built. I teased her that I thought I would have to get on my hands and knees to beg for her help <g>.

Main Quest:  Weighted in at 186 lbs this morning (too much homemade strawberry shortcake, even had it for breakfast yesterday! Our fresh berry season is quite short here so we have to make the best of it.)

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done.  Back on the straight and narrow (rebooted after weekend).

2.  5 of 3 Cardio done.  DONE

85 of 80 Push-ups    DONE
                                  60 of 100 Squats 
                                 60 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  
                               160 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight)  DONE
                                   5 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds)  DONE

90 of 150 Jumping Jacks  
                                 80 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight)  DONE
New this challenge    40 of 40 triceps drips  DONE

Life Quest:

Major:

Minor #2 (Bookstore)  (90 of 60 minutes) New inventory sorted DONE

• Like 7

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild