petefeet's Eight Adventure

Just out of curiosity what is the issue with your friends daughter 's hip. FYI I had issues at 12. Called slipped femoral epiphysis. Where the growth line on the femor is slipping. A lot of bad digignostics going on.

Not sure what it is called, but her pelvis is twisted and the ball at the top of her femur is more of a spike rather than a ball (birth defect).

• Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

(too much homemade strawberry shortcake

Impossible.   :playful:

watched Star Trek TNG

You can't just say "watched Star Trek TNG" without being specific.  Which season? Which episode?  How do you decide?

• Like 4

Quest 1, Quest 2, Quest 3, Quest 4, Quest 5, Quest 6, Quest 7, Quest 8Quest 9, Quest 10, Quest 11, Quest 12 Current Quest

If diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. If diet is correct, medicine is of no need.- Ancient Ayurvedic Proverb

You can't just say "watched Star Trek TNG" without being specific.  Which season? Which episode?  How do you decide?

We watched the episode playing that night on the Space channel, I honestly forget which one it was Peace.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Was really moved about HER visit to your house. I was really worried reading about her for a while now and hoping she wasn't just leading you on type a thing. I am very protective of my friends and don't want any of you to get hurt when you open up to women who are mostly evil by nature. I am so proud of you with taking this slow and letting her come to you. This is such a good sign. And she was hinting for a return invite with the offer to put the books away. Wish I could come help you build those shelves so she could come back faster!

Such a beautiful thing when two people come together and generally like each other and have so much in common.

• Like 5

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Was really moved about HER visit to your house. I was really worried reading about her for a while now and hoping she wasn't just leading you on type a thing. She's 100% NOT that type of person, though I can see how somebody might see that. She's just as fucked up as I am <g>. In my opinion I think she's given up being a "we" (one failed marriage, plus her ex bf) and I'm trying to show her that there is somebody who she might be compatible with, time will tell.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

I thought of you today as we had a mover come over to give us an estimate.  He just looked at the books and commented on how heavy ALL OF THOSE BOOKS will be to move.  I just laughed .... we've moved them many times ..... sometimes using only our own strength.  I'll be happy to pay them to move the many, many boxes .... and even then, I know that I'll prune out some that we've read and can go to other homes. 

• Like 2

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I thought of you today as we had a mover come over to give us an estimate.  He just looked at the books and commented on how heavy ALL OF THOSE BOOKS will be to move.  I just laughed .... we've moved them many times ..... sometimes using only our own strength.  I'll be happy to pay them to move the many, many boxes .... and even then, I know that I'll prune out some that we've read and can go to other homes. 

Moving books is never fun, though I wished we lived closer, I'd "help" prune out your collection <g>.

When I moved into my house 9 years ago there were 50 ish boxes of books, it's now in the neighbourhood of 150 and I mean those 86 litre rubbermade totes!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

The weather is hot and muggy, the air so heavy that it could almost be cut with a knife, but never the less a sweaty and tired halfling finally decides to conquer a challenge he has been putting off, the repairs to his latrine!

Trying to breath through his mouth and see around the tears stinging his eyes, petefeet does his best to lash a new seat upon his "throne". The effort is made worse by the constant cries of a group of crows as the fight over a meal. Finally having enough, petefeet picks up a rock and throws it at the murder of crows, causing them to drop their prize.

Wondering what the crows were fighting over as well as needing a breath if fresh air, petefeet wanders over to the object and sees...

Fox skull

A Fox skull!

His latrine repairs forgotten, petefeet dashes into the woods, all this thoughts focused upon the group of foxes who protected him from the witch weeks ago. Pushing past his exhaustion, the halfling races through the trees and realizes that the air is becoming filled with smoke and ash drifts like snow.

His fears are confirmed and the halfling comes upon the hill where the foxes made their den, the woods in and around the area are in flames, and appear to have been for days. Covering his mouth with a scrap of cloth, petefeet climbs the smoldering hills, now little more than burned sticks and ash, and climbs part way into the fox den.

It's a tight fit, and the halfling gets a burned arm for his efforts, but the den is empty, perhaps the rest of the foxes were able to flee before the flames.

With nothing else to be done, a defeated petefeet wearily makes his way home.

Tired, injured and covered in ash, petefeet does his best to clean himself up and allows himself to escape into sleep.

Petefeet dreams...

Who knows if petefeet would have had the energy or drive to seek out the "Lady in Flames", but the question doesn't need an answer because as soon as the halfling opens his eyes in the dream realm he finds her by his side.

For a long time they just stand together, her focus upon the halfling rather than the realms that only she can see. Deeply touched, the halfling simply enjoys their time together, his worries melting away.

Hey kids,

This story is a bit of a mash up of my week so far.

After being off for three weeks my first job at work was too re-secure 26 toilet seats in my complexes washrooms! Somehow it became a Health and Safety issue and I got tagged! Yippie

Looks like we lost one of our foxes, crows dropped a skull outside the other day. Unsure what happened, if a dog got it, or sick or old age. I don't know the status of the rest of them, it's been so hot lately I hope they're resting in their den.

Burned my arm while trying to fix an autoclave at work the other day. Jammed between a wall and this fridge sized machine that sterilizes e coli and other nasty stuff, and I put my arm where I shouldn't have. Nothing serious, not even blistered or worth putting cream on, but it hurt anyways.

Visited "LiF" as per normal on Tuesday, she was in a great mood (loves the heat). We had over an hour alone, she sought me out, and carried the conversation since I was worn out and tired. That hour has been the highlight of my week!

Main Quest:  Weighted in at 184 lbs this morning.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done.  Back on the straight and narrow (rebooted after weekend).

2.  3 of 3 Cardio done.  DONE

3. Body Weight exercises:

55 of 80 Push-ups   
                                 30 of 100 Squats 
                                 30 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  
                                 80 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
                                   3 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds) 

120 of 150 Jumping Jacks  
                                 60 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) 
New this challenge   40 of 40 triceps drips  DONE

Life Quest:

Major: Working on the basement exit to outside. Clad it in a peddled fiberglass sheet (other side of 2x4 wall is a cold zone and concerned about "sweating"). Need to do the trim around the door and fix bangs on the wall (taking off and rehanging a steel door by yourself isn't the easiest).

Might try and reorganize some furniture in basement this weekend, unsure what other projects I have going on.

Minor #1 (Genealogy) (0 of 60 minutes.)

Minor #2 (Bookstore)  (60 of 60 minutes) Updated ads, shipping quotes, and new sale

Minor #3 (Lodge) (0 of 60 minutes) 

Minor #4 (Writing)  (0 of 60 minutes.)

• Like 6

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Things seem to be going really well with "LiF"! It's really wonderful that she sought you out, I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful update to read  :)

• Like 2

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

When petefeet awakens the next day it is cool and rainy outside, much in line with his feelings over the loss of one of the foxes who helped save him all those weeks ago.

Limited by what he can do in the rain, our little halfling decides to stay inside and relax his body and mind to get ready for the next adventure that will no doubt come his way.

Hey kids,

I guess I did "ok" this challenge. Several splurges while I was on vacation but I'm not going to beat myself up about it, it was vacation after all not my normal routine.

Been struggling getting all my lunges and squats in, my RA in my knees has been an issue (I walk on cement a lot), but other than that my body weight workouts are making a difference. I have bigger arms, a little muscle under my "man boobs", just wish I didn't have all this loose skin around my middle, the skin has been stretched for so many years I doubt it will spring back much.

Life Quest (basement) has been making steady progress, slowing down now as it's time/money balancing act.

And while it's not an official part of my challenge, my relationship with "LiF" is slowly becoming stronger, which affects my mood greatly (almost scares me to be honest). It's getting close to 1 year being single after a 7 year "relationship" (if we could call it that), and I do feel happier now then I've felt in a long time (if ever to be honest).

Main Quest:  Weighted in at 184 lbs this morning. One pound below starting point in challenge, many ups and downs this go around.

Side Quests:

1. Food log and weigh-in done. 

2.  4 of 3 Cardio done.  DONE

3. Body Weight exercises:

80 of 80 Push-ups    DONE
                                 50 of 100 Squats 
                                 40 of 100 Leg Lunges (combined total of both legs)  
                               160 of 150 Dumbbell Rows (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight)  DONE
                                   5 of 5 Planks (as long as I can hold it, usually 30 - 40 seconds) DONE

160 of 150 Jumping Jacks   DONE
                                 80 of 80 Bicep Curls (combined total of both arms with new 25 lb weight) DONE
New this challenge   40 of 40 triceps drips  DONE

Life Quest:

Major: Reorganizing the space at the moment, started moving furniture basement (storage) to upstairs and need to move couch, TV and lazyboy (chair not me) to basement since that will be where I hang out from now on (once data and cable wired up).

Dollars are a little tight at the moment so trying to be productive with resources on hand. It will all come with time.

Minor #1 (Genealogy) (0 of 60 minutes.)

Minor #2 (Bookstore)  (240 of 60 minutes) Updated ads, shipping quotes, and new sale   DONE

Minor #3 (Lodge) (360 of 60 minutes) sorted bottles and made run to recycle centre. $84.65 for our bursary program   DONE

Minor #4 (Writing)  (0 of 60 minutes.)

• Like 5

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild