• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I've been wallowing. The last challenge helped recognize it. This challenge, I'm going to overcome it. I know being depressed is a horrible cycle for me(&lots of people). When I run & stay active, I'm happy. Not(usually) bouncing off the walls giddy, but I feel good. It's like, it raises my baseline, so my lows aren't as low and my highs are higher. But when I'm not running/active, my baseline drops. My lows can get abysmal and my highs are barely speed bumps. When I feel like that, I am less inclined to be active (I convince myself I can't, I don't feel like it, etc.), which makes me feel worse, which means I'm even less active, and so on. Not being able to do much because of my tailbone set off the cycle big time. My tailbone still isn't great, but I'm going to do what I can, at least in small amounts.

I'm including some current habits, to help keep myself on track.

1. Meditate Daily.

I've been meditating semi-daily, but I need to step it up. Studies indicate meditation can help with sleep issues, including sleep walking. Given that I've been trashing my house in my sleep lately, I think this should be a priority. I will meditate for more than 1.5 minutes a day.

2. Yoga 5x per week

I will do at least 5 minutes of yoga a day for at least 5 days a week. The yoga sequences will include some of my physical therapy poses, hence the frequency. Up until December, I was doing at least a sun salutation every day. I broke that streak and it had been going for 7 years, since college.

3. Strength Train 3x

I will do at least 1 round of the BBWW at 3 times a week.

4. Walk Daily

I started this during the last challenge, because of the NF academy. I like it. I do count walking at work, mostly because if I hike 10 miles at work, my tail & feet don't want to walk anymore. But I usually try to get in at least 5 minutes at home because my dog is loving that challenge as much as I am. I'm also going to use walking daily as a building block to get onto a C25K and start running again, eventually. But I'm going to take it in baby steps and play it by ear. Then eventually, this will turn into running every day, and I can be cool like Taiji. :)

5. TKD at least once a week

Cause I'm a monk, dagnabbit. I will at least do basic kicks and punches. Even if its while I watch Netflix.

Also, as a continuation of before, I will log food on MFP & consume 1350 healthy calories a day, at least 6 times a week. I'll also keep cleaning for 30 minutes a day and spend at least 20 minutes a day at home doing something I enjoy that is not on electronics.

The most important part of this challenge for me is momentum. If I get it started, I'll be able to keep it up. I'm going to start Friday. I know, it's officially June 8th, but tomorrow is my Friday. It's supposed to storm for both my days off and it's my week to stay home. So I'm going to spend my 2 days off working on my batcave and getting ready. Then Friday, since it's my Monday, I'll start my challenge.

• Like 2

OH! And last challenge I lost 3-4 lbs and 1 inch. It does not sound spectacular for 6 weeks, but it's actual progress, which has not happened in quite a while.

There will be 2 mini vacations thrown in during this 6 week period. However, one will be a backpacking trip with my mom.(I think we're going to Garden of the Gods in IL)  She considers it a weight loss bootcamp every year, so I doubt I'll have a problem keeping this challenge up then. Logging daily may be hard if we don't have service where camp, but I'm okay with that.
The other vacation.. well, that's completely up in the air. I'm not sure where we're going, what dates, or anything. My boyfriend is hard to plan things with, mostly because of his job. We'll probably take the kids camping. Somewhere with water. In July. But not the 4th cause of my job. Again, it'll be a very active vacation, and I'm not too worried about it.

Hey, you still progressed. It's legit.

Looks like you got everything planned out. And it all looks like it's very terribly small. Which is excellent. Means you should have one less excuse for not doing the things.

Cool! All right. You gonna be practicing this stuff during the interim?

Oh great job on the weight loss!

OH! And last challenge I lost 3-4 lbs and 1 inch. It does not sound spectacular for 6 weeks, but it's actual progress, which has not happened in quite a while.

There will be 2 mini vacations thrown in during this 6 week period. However, one will be a backpacking trip with my mom.(I think we're going to Garden of the Gods in IL)  She considers it a weight loss bootcamp every year, so I doubt I'll have a problem keeping this challenge up then. Logging daily may be hard if we don't have service where camp, but I'm okay with that.
The other vacation.. well, that's completely up in the air. I'm not sure where we're going, what dates, or anything. My boyfriend is hard to plan things with, mostly because of his job. We'll probably take the kids camping. Somewhere with water. In July. But not the 4th cause of my job. Again, it'll be a very active vacation, and I'm not too worried about it.

• Like 1

GUYS!

When I woke up this morning, my tailbone didn't hurt AT ALL.

It started hurting around noon, but not as badly as before and only sometimes, not constantly!

The chiropractor may actually help. That was after 1 visit, yesterday. I go for my second visit tomorrow. I'm supposed to go 3 times a week for 4 weeks.

I love your "my coccyx is evil" tag. Evil Coccyx might make a good band name.  :tongue:

:D I've been using it on most of my challenges. And  as a # in social media. It's a joke with myself that my coccyx is my personal nemesis, that the villain in my story is my own ass. :D

Oh great job on the weight loss!

Thanks! :)

Hey, you still progressed. It's legit.

Looks like you got everything planned out. And it all looks like it's very terribly small. Which is excellent. Means you should have one less excuse for not doing the things.

Cool! All right. You gonna be practicing this stuff during the interim?

I kept it small to keep it from feeling so overwhelming.

And yes, I plan on starting everything tomorrow. I decided to take Wednesday and Thursday off. COMPLETELY OFF. I laid in my hammock and read, I laid on the couch and read. I cleaned a little, did some laundry but for the most part, I relaxed. Stress has been getting to me, so I decided to use these 2 days to kind of reboot.

And yes, I plan on starting everything tomorrow. I decided to take Wednesday and Thursday off. COMPLETELY OFF. I laid in my hammock and read, I laid on the couch and read. I cleaned a little, did some laundry but for the most part, I relaxed. Stress has been getting to me, so I decided to use these 2 days to kind of reboot.

I, uh, sorta, uhm, lied about the whole "Starting tomorrow" thing.

I blame work. And sleepwalking. Does sleepwalking count for my walking at least 5 minutes a day?

My house has been sprayed by a skunk. That died. In the backyard.

Me, having no sense of smell, did not know this morning. So it marinated all day today.

My wonderful boss (who is also my neighbor) came to help dispose of it. She said my dog, my house and my body all smelled horrible. And that I better have someone sniff check me outside before I come in the building tomorrow.

I'm having a minor freakout about my house smelling like skunk and having no idea what it smells like or when I stops smelling like it.

My boss also has concocted a funny tale about how sleep walking me decided I had a kitten & brought in the house and thats why my house smells worse than my dog. -_-

Ugh, skunk.  It lingers.  It's like an oil that just clings to shit forever.  We had a happy fun skunk incident this winter.

I'd start by airing out the house as much as you can (open windows, run fans all night and day, lots of sunlight tomorrow).  The one thing that Mythbusters and science both seem to support is a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda when washing things (like yourself or dogs, or other things that won't be too bleached by your concentration - tables, counters, walls, anything you can - straight 3% is a bit prone to bleach things it sits on, but if you use the diluted version, then wash it off with water, you might get away with using it on more things).  That seems to react chemically with the main compound in the odor - use that on as much as you can.  Wash every bit of fabric you can possibly wash, generous with the detergent.  If the outdoors isn't too bad, dry outdoors.  I've also heard vodka spray to neutralize the odor on things you can't wash.  Depending how strong it is and how long it's been sinking into things, you might need a couple of rounds of this.

I don't know how strong it is, but it sounds like it's kind of a strong skunking you got.  My guess is two days of aggressive de-skunking will get you down to manageable levels of skunk, and then it's just wait and air things out for a week and do another round of washing things.

I've had skunk issues before (one of very few downsides to living in a state park) and yes, hydrogen peroxide& baking soda help. We found that hydrogen peroxide on its own helps about the same though.

I was born with no sense of smell. It's manageable for me, even at full strength.

It was bothering me more that I will not know if the smell is gone without enlisting help. I hate relying on people and ANYONE I ask is going to think Its funny and that actually kind of hurts.

Yeah, I can see how it'd be embarrassing and hurtful to ask for help with this kind of thing. Especially if everyone thinks this whole thing is funny. Maybe tell them that you can't be in on the joke?

Good grief.  What a thing to have to deal with. Hope you can find someone helpful who won't laugh. 

Congrats on waking up not in pain!  

My boss & our lodge manager came by to deem my house officially skunk-smell free! Yay! Now I can stop being quite so paranoid that I smell bad everywhere go.

Today ends my first week.

1. Meditate Daily

Only meditated twice. Though today I started the Calm.com's 7 days of mindfulness program. I mostly liked it.

2. Yoga 5x

Only did yoga 2x. Partially because my chiropractor told me not do it on the days of adjustments. That's 3 days a week. And then I was lazy & busy.

3. Strength Train 3x

Didn't. I did squats one day, but really, just didn't. :(

4. Walk daily.
I did well on walking, only skipping one day. Work kinda helps with that. I also started back on my running program. I've skipped around some based on what I felt okay doing. I'm on day 1 of week three now. It's a 6 week program. So, feeling good about that.

5. TKD

Did none, save for the few random kicks I did while standing and waiting for the chiropractor. Waiting always brings out kicks.

Yes, I could've done better, but I'm happy with what I did do. Especially the last couple of days.

Yay! Glad to hear that the smell is gone. That's one stressor dealt with.

And glad to see that you're following your doc's advice and not overdoing it where you don't have to.

It's not a bad first week, really. Just gotta get that strength work caught up.

I'm halfway through my second week.
I'm doing much better this week than last week. I'm still not 100% nailing everything, but I'm doing better. I've walked/ran & meditated every day, I've stayed on top of MFP, and I've already done Yoga twice.

I need to do the body weight workout. I don't know why, it just feels boring when I go to start. Not because its not hard enough for me, Hm. I dunno. I need to do it anyway.

Also, thanks to Joedog & YNAB, I've been taking  a lot of online classes and been kind of obsessively doing budget work.

• Like 1

Dat Coccyx ;)

Also, what a RANDOM problem to have: skunk smell all over the house! Geez. I can't imagine. If that smell fills my car from just driving by, I can only imagine it lingering in your backyard.

:/

Your backpacking adventure sounds super fun!

I hope you have pics to show us!

And don't forget to go to at least 1 TKD class this week! Ima check up on you , now! ;)

I've walked every day, but that's about all I have kept up with. I was off work on semi vacation from Monday to Saturday. We didn't get to do anything like we planned, because my boyfriend's boss was kind of a jerk. But we still did some fun stuff, like picnicking by the river in the rain, and going to watch Jurassic World.

I'm also very excited. I have been wanting to sell the things I make for a long time. I finally started, with an etsy shop. I even had someone on fiverr design me a logo.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheBustlingBee

I also started a Facebook page for it. https://www.facebook.com/BustlingBee

The chiropractor was really helping. I was even going for the first half of the day with no pain on most days. The last few days it's been hurting badly.

My grandpa is not really doing well. He's super important to me, and I've already lost a lot of people this past year. I'm not ready for this.

My brain isn't in the right place. I keep saying I'm going to call the number to take advantage of the free counseling offered by work. And then I don't.

I need to get back to a routine/method. I'm going to get back to my dailies & goals starting tomorrow.

If I can save up money for the plane ticket, I get to go to Arizona with my mom in November. And I'll get to see the Grand Canyon, something I have always wanted but never thought I'd get to see. And I've really been liking YNAB. I think it'll help me get the money saved. It will help that I will be teaching that semester, so I'll have a check from the university in addition to my normal job.

Use that beast mode and call the number. It really does help to talk to someone. Sorry you are having a rough time right now. Your etsy shop looks like cool stuff! 

• Like 2

^^^^   This.  That number is there to help.  Give it a try?   Settling back into routines is comfortable and will hopefully help but this sounds bigger than that. 

The vacation sounds like fun, even after jerk boss interference :-/

• Like 1

Sounds like it was a stay-cation. As much as we're being asked to work, being given time off with the need to be available is about as good as it gets around here.

Sorry that your grandpa isn't doing so well. Hope he turns around, but we'll be here for you if things go the other way.

Make that call. It will help.

• Like 1