• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I called. They found a local(ish) therapist and set me up with an appointment for today. So this morning, chiropractor, on the north side of the mountain, worked on my evil coccyx then this afternoon I went to a therapist on the south side of the mountain to work on my brain. I feel so well rounded. lol

I didn't get back to anything resembling my routine, but I have kept with walking daily. I went walking with a friend from work (the one that always tries to get me to eat cookies..) and then we went for Thai food afterwards. But I needed the fun visit, we both did, I just wish I didn't succumb to half of the 4 appetizers he orders us. Work is being hard. We keep having crazy things happen at work. Crazy like employee crazy. Guest crazy isn't so bad. 

I took advantage of a "Free Business Cards" offer and ordered some for my etsy shop, with QR codes on the back.

We have Butterfly Festival this weekend, or buttfest as we call it. That's going to be busy but simple. It'll be nice. Plus a friend of mine is coming to visit.  Before I decided to get back to eating right this week (which worked so well, yeah?) I bought sandwich stuff to get me through this weekend. I think I'll still do that, then I'm going to get back to eating well, and I mean really well. (read: no bread or McDonalds) I started back meditating yesterday, working on finishing the 7 days of calm. 

I need to get running.

I think therapy will help, but she can't make me get off my butt, figuratively.

• Like 3

Yay for having physical and support therapy!  Kudos to you for making the appointment. 

Buttfest sounds pretty.  Grrrr re colleague craziness though - always tricky to cope with.

Hope you find time for a run - cause sometimes that really helps put things in perspective and helps with calm. 

Cheering you on - hope you find some peace amongst the bonkeredness.

I am fairly certain I'm going to apply for a new job.

So I'm applying for kind of a new job. Our department has these "Superintendent Trainee" positions. Basically, you bounce around from park to park for about 2 years learning different types of management. At the end of the 2 years, you are contracted to work for the department for a specified amount of time, usually as an Assistant Superintendent or very occasionally a Superintendent. The positions are usually utilized by people new to the department or who have not been uniform staff to get ahead quickly. So I'm a little different in that I've been uniform for 6 years. There are superintendent jobs that I qualify for and could work my way up, but I want the confidence of specific training.

I want to get it for several reasons, the main reason being the job. However, I would go to the Law enforcement academy (exercise & shoot stuff most of the day? Oh yeah!). Also, it would give me a chance to start over with STUFF. I would have some time to pack, and go through things without as rushed of a moving as I've had every time I've moved in the last several years. If I get the position, I plan to go through things, carefully evaluate what I will keep with me as I bounce park to park, what I will put in storage, and what I will get rid of. I like my park, and I like what I do, but I think I'm ready to move on.

I was worried about what my guy would think. I'm already 2.5 hour away ad I'm voluntarily making it worse. He's totally supportive. He said "I'm not going anywhere. And it'll be cool to visit you at the different parks." and a few other things, but he's all about it. Our ranger said he'd call and tell them about my drug problem. haha My boss thinks I have a good chance. Actually she said "You'll get it." She's told me before she doesn't want me to leave but that I'll make a good superintendent.

So my main hang up is that I don't know if I'm feeling so utterly done with this place because I'm done with it or because of all the other crap in my life. Going to apply anyway, because the job closes in a little over a week and last time it was open a few years ago, I regretted not applying.

I walked plenty through Butt fest. I ate decently, but not great. I did meditate every day, but no yoga or working out. I'm exhausted. goodnight ya'll.

• Like 2

YOU SAID BUTT FEST!

Ha. ha ha.

Butt fest. Ha.

Nah, butt, for real, that's awesome that you're looking to advance in your job. And you'd get to travel to all these different places and see different parks and things.

Kinda sounds like my job now, actually, but way more out of doors. :)

If you regretted not applying last time, I think it's definitely the right decision. Especially since your guy is on board with it. Exercising and shooting stuff does sound kind of awesome. LEO would be right up my alley except for that whole "people" thing. LOL.

That's a great opportunity, good luck with it!  It's wonderful that the people around you are being so supportive.

A change of place may help you break out of more of the bad stuff as well, even if it isn't directly from the job.  Only one way to find out!

So my application has been submitted. The job closes on July 10th. The interviews will probably be around a week after that. I've already started updating my portfolio. It's a very interpretive & activities focused portfolio right now, so I need to add more of my management duties and other projects to it. I am working like crazy to finish the hospitality training I'm supposed to create. 1. because the park needs it badly, whether I stay or go. and if I go, it'll get left in limbo for who knows how long and 2. it'd look good in my portfolio lol

I missed a day of walking on Thursday. Between appointments, driving back from the boyfriend's and the weather, it just didn't happen. I get a pass for yesterday (except I did walk). Something happened and I very suddenly got very ill. I had to leave work early & everything. No excuse for all the other days. 

I've done no yoga. No strength training. And meditated twice. :( I'm really sucking at this for being so excited to start. Only did bodyweight exercises once so far. -_- I think I need to make the strength training goal smaller and build on it. So my mini challenge to myself, every other day do squats, planks, push ups, and rows with the suspension trainer. I can do that. I'll do it tonight when I get home.
I will do squats, planks, push ups, and rows and then post my numbers here before 11 p.m.

The thought that I may be moving every 2-4 months for the next two years has renewed my energy in getting rid of stuff. For some reason, t-shirts are giving me quite a bit of trouble. I have entirely too many and it's really hard to get rid of them.

My eating has been better, especially breakfast. I batched cooked an awesome breakfast. Yesterday, I ate a cheeseburger and fries, then I got super sick. Now just thinking about fries is making nauseous. So, I'll probably do really well this next couple weeks. lol

• Like 2

YAY for submitting your application!!!!! 

Good luck with it!  Plus, no matter what the outcome, you've done your bit.  Superb.

Loving that having submitted it is also getting you motivated in your current job. 
Bleugh though re upset gut and illness - take good care of yourself.

I also like your idea of breaking the challenge stuff that you're finding hard into smaller bits.  Sometimes thats just what we all need.

I've done no yoga. No strength training. And meditated twice. :( I'm really sucking at this for being so excited to start. Only did bodyweight exercises once so far. -_- I think I need to make the strength training goal smaller and build on it. So my mini challenge to myself, every other day do squats, planks, push ups, and rows with the suspension trainer. I can do that. I'll do it tonight when I get home.

I will do squats, planks, push ups, and rows and then post my numbers here before 11 p.m.

So I accidentally lied. I didn't go home until after 9:45. Then it was eat, bathe, and sleep. :(

Sorry to hear you got sick! That's no good.

Still, the job sounds like it's gonna do a lot to galvanize you in terms of the stuff you want to do.

Don't worry too much about the strength stuff. Life happens, and you have to make room as you can. Shrug it off. It was yesterday. Today is a new day.

• Like 1

Ugh, hope you're feeling better now? 

You are definitely making the possibility of leaving as positive as possible for your colleagues, though they pushed you to apply.  Good luck with the plan and your portfolio!

Also, good luck with the T-shirt selection process :-P

• Like 1

I got rid of 3 t-shirts, and am feeling less guilty. I also decided part of it is I don't like parting with the "skinny" clothes I could wear 1.5 years ago.It feels like giving up. So the ones I really like, I'm going to box up by size range. But only the ones I really like, not everything. Because I still need to downsize. I think looking at things in size categories will help. "When I can wear this, will I wear it often?" instead of "I should throw out what's too small" Hopefully this time next year, I'll be talking about boxing up what's too big.

I did some work on my portfolio for the job interview. The job just closed Friday so I should hear this next week about an interview date. I decided to start packing. I know it sounds very cart before horse, but the way I look at it is, I'm likely leaving. Whether it's this position, or another one, I'm done here. There are several jobs coming open in our park system in the next year because of retirements and other things. If I start with boxing up things I don't think I'll need, but have problems letting go of, even if I don't get another job for quite a while, I can get rid of the things I didn't need to unpack.

Having tons of family issues lately. Pretty sure I got disowned by a grandmother because I posted on Facebook that I could legally perform marriages and would marry anyone with a smile my heart because our governor decided to be butthead. (So not distraught about the disown-ment, but the resulting drama.. wow)  My mother lied to the tune of $4k. I think her greed monster took over. My dad fed it.

I did well on eating, both while I was at home and while I was traveling. I'm pretty proud of that. I had an entire 10 hour roundtrip and did not eat fast food once! I have signed up my guy and myself for the Oklahoma City Color Run Glo on August 8th. When I get another paycheck, I will sign up the kids. If anyone is wanting to do it, you can sign up our team for the $5 cheaper registration, RazorbackGloRunners.

I've been reading more lately and I'm glad. At some point in college I decided I only enjoyed reading fantasy(I was dating a guy in Iraq and could get weepy, so that's probably it) But because of the Amazon Prime Kindle First, I have read outside my norm some because, well, free books are free books and if it sounds even remotely interesting, it's better than staring at the wall during TENS therapy at the chiro. I read a great legal thriller (The Good Lawyer) because of that and have reminded myself to branch out.  

I've walked every day, meditated 3 days, and even did yoga once. So, doing better. :)

• Like 2

Wow what a week. It sounds like you've had your training to keep you company. In a lot of ways, it's the best company you can keep.

Sorry to hear about all the drama though. :( People, girl. People.

Good criteria for t-shirts. Very practical and not defeatist.

Also very practical planning for the move.  If only the timing isn't set, there's no reason not to and it won't be as much stress later.  Planning FTW!

Good grief family drama.  You don't need that crap.  Nobody does.  Hope something distracts them all and they forget about it.  *hugs*

Travelling on vacation and eating well?  No fast food?  Amazing!  Great work.  Running with your guy and his kids is pretty sweet too.  You all have a lot of fun active time together :-)

• Like 2

More drama. Spent my two days off helping my guy deal with legal aid, child protective services, and his crazy ex. He's called me 3 times today. It's still crazy but I can only do so much from 120 miles away.

More bad food. Frozen skillet pasta, pizza, and Mexican.

The only activity I got was pacing while on the phone. Oh, and I did my Spider Olympics program for the children's library that the little one & go to. Twice. But that was it.

Now I'm home and working the late shift. I already have healthier meals ready. I batch cooked some cheap steaks & will have that with various frozen veggies. That'll get me through a few days. And I have the stuff to make the green bean & pineapple stir fry that was delicious.
I'm eating too many sandwiches lately. I have 1/4 a loaf of bread left. No bread after that. I can roll the lunch meat up to eat or something. :/ Or just plan my meals better so I batch cook enough for lunches too. I have done that before. I need to get back to it.

Sadly, the highlight of my week is getting 32 rolls of toilet paper for $3.80 on Amazon. Oh, and last week my grandpa gave my dog (yes, for real) $100 for a pet barrier in my vehicle. I had been planning to save for one because it would give me more space in my escape than his HUGE crate, and I think it'd make my (10 y/o) pup happier. It will also make it so we can take the kids and the dog if we go somewhere, which would make all 3 of them happy. Today I found one for $60 that I think will be great. It should be here Tuesday. I told grandpa and he said Boudreaux and I could split the change. I'll buy him some canned food and a new chew toy with his half I guess.

I'm not going anywhere next week on my days off. NO WHERE. Hell, I might not even answer calls or texts for most of the day. I'm tired of people and their CRAP.  I'm going to stay home, make some weekly meal plans for the next couple weeks, and clean/pack, brace for whirlwind weeks of conferences and trips after it, some of which is uncertain, and therefore, extremely annoying. I had some meal plans done up on an SD card, but now I can't find it. I don't even know if its at work or home. I strongly suspect it got "borrowed" because it had some bear pictures on it. but I dunno.

I'm also trying to think of short cuts to get to training easier. maybe keeping the suspension trainer out & hooked up. Or something.

I've been reading a lot. I even got an audio book from the library, Don't Blink (No Dr. Who connection). First book on tape & first James Patterson. There are some inconsistencies in the story that bug me, but it's good enough & suspenseful enough of a story that I'll forgive them. I hate being read to but I like the book on tape. I do wish the narrator would stop with the voices though. The Italians, Russians, and Greeks all have the same accent. Which doesn't bug me as much as the women. The women are pretty much just him whispering and aiming for a husky tone, and the anxious or "weak" men sound like the women. I think I'd it more if he'd just stick to his regular narration.

I keep thinking I'll start running. But it's hot, even on the mountain it made it to 96 today. Thinking of downloading a movie or something tonight and going to the lodge to use the treadmill in the morning before I go to work. I should pick a series I want to see and only watch it when I'm on the treadmill. Thought about doing Castle, but it's $15 a season for the digital, and there's so much free to watch, I just don't know what I want to watch. Wish I could download episodes from Netflix instead of just streaming. Or just have better wifi in the basement at work lol

Good criteria for t-shirts. Very practical and not defeatist.

Also very practical planning for the move.  If only the timing isn't set, there's no reason not to and it won't be as much stress later.  Planning FTW!

Good grief family drama.  You don't need that crap.  Nobody does.  Hope something distracts them all and they forget about it.  *hugs*

Travelling on vacation and eating well?  No fast food?  Amazing!  Great work.  Running with your guy and his kids is pretty sweet too.  You all have a lot of fun active time together :-)

Thanks.

I'm kind of enjoying boxing things up and feeling like I have an excuse for getting rid of things I only keep out of a sense of guilt. I have wanted to throw away my Magic cards and my boyfriend is like "noo... we have never played with each other.." Plus, I felt guilty and dumb for spending so much money to keep a guy I dated happy(Not the current one) I kept telling him I had tons and could get rid of only half and still host a tournament played only with my cards. He dismissed me everytime, "Yeah, I had a ton, too" and stuff like that. So this week, I loaded them all up and took them to him. His eyes just about popped out. But now, they are gone from my space and it made him happy.I kept like 2 decks so I could play with him occasionally. He is looking forward to going through them and us playing.

• Like 2

Yesterday: Ate well and walked(at work) Got home at 11.

Bought parsnips to try a new, albeit hard to find, veggie. I hear they make good faux-fries. They look like albino carrots. That is the extent of my parsnip knowledge. For now.

Today I should get home significantly earlier, hopefully 8. I will take the pup for a short walk and then do some yoga. I'm also going to go back to the habit of eating dinner at the table. I have been watching netflix while I eat. I justify it by saying 1. It keeps me from feeling lonely 2. It's pretty much the only time I watch netflix. 3. It doesn't create a problem with mindless refills because I have meals pre-portioned
Well, last night I realized 1. It doesn't, but I don't need it to either. 2. Once I start watching it while I eat, I tend to keep watching, especially a series, and it creates a go to bed too late problem. 3.This one is pretty much still true.

So I'm moving back to the table. Honestly, I prefer it anyway. So I don't know what I was thinking.

Tonight, I'll post that I did all these things and am even going to bed at a decent hour. Hopefully.

• Like 1

Last night:

I walked, I yoga-ed. I ate healthy. I also went ahead and made breakfast & dinner for today. Looking forward to dinner tonight. I made boudain stuffed acorn squash. :D

I also went to bed on time and that's why I didn't post. I was trying to make sleep a priority.

• Like 1

I totally did not realize the challenge was over until I logged in, clicked "Monks" in the current challenge line, and everyone's posts were gone! :o

I started out with such energy and enthusiasm.. and then bombed. I think I'm going to change this challenge only slightly and use it next go round.

Mostly dial it down.. :(  Though I did do well on the walking. I should acknowledge that instead of just what I sucked at it. So because I did well on the walking, I'm going to change that to starting a run//walk program. :D 

I achieved some things that weren't part of my challenge, but that were still leveling up. I've wanted to start an online craft store for YEARS. I finally did that, and it makes me happy, even if the inventory is pretty slim right now. BUT I have ordered a heat gun to begin shrink wrapping my soap to sell, so that will change soon.

I took a huge step (for me) and applied for the Trainee program. They still haven't even produced a whisper of when interviews will be.

I began using YNAB to track my money. It's still taking some getting used to and some work, but things are looking okay.

I have made a small, but significant amount of progress in decluttering in my house. Selling crafts will actually help with that. A big portion of my clutter is craft supplies, and I can repurpose many into things I can sell, like scrapbook paper into handbound journals. And I need to get to weaving. There is reed EVERYWHERE in my guest bedroom. lol 

I also completed a couple long term projects at work. I drafted a set of customer service standards for our park. I also put together the "PEAK" (cause we're the highest peak in Arkansas, get it? haha...) principle for our hospitality standards.
That led to a larger assignment of creating a hospitality education program, which will be done.. eventually. lol

So I need to not feel like such a screw up because of the challenge. I did accomplish somethings. And I will accomplish more. :D

• Like 1

Heck yeah. And you learned a lot this challenge too. The problem wasn't the substance of your challenge, but the dosages that you were trying for.

Nothing wrong with scaling it back and getting benefit from what you can/will do. :)

And meanwhile, like you said: you fought off drama, you're looking to level up your job, and you're doing crafty stuffs that you wanted to. That's outstanding. Very good! I wouldn't call this a failure at all; I'd say you fell forward if anything. Which is the best way to do it. :D

• Like 2

I have to wrap my brain around the concept of parsnips being hard to find.

Hope everything is well settled with your guy and CPS.  That's terrible. 

You did accomplish quite a lot!  Lots of planning for the future factored in as well.  The etsy store is really cool.  Hope you can spend some time weaving all of those reeds soon and get them sold AND out of your spare room.  The craft supplies, they eat so much space :hopelessness:

• Like 1