Red1263 fights against Complacency

Red1263

"OK! This time will be it! I'm going to do it!" Red exclaims to himself! Chest puffed out, hands raised determinedly in the air, ready to take on the world! "Hey you! Get back to work!" a voice cries out from behind him! "Y-yes, Mistress!" He shrieks as he resumes his job

End_2.png

As the days pass, Red notices that the weeks fly by, rather quickly. The general labor is tough, and he has gotten somewhat stronger, but something is missing. This strength is... Raw, unrefined, incomplete. Red understands far too well that the muscle that goes forgotten shrinks and withers away. Friends and companions that he doesn't put the effort into maintaining communication will leave him behind. Knowledge that isn't constantly refreshed will be lost in time.

"But not this time!" Red says to himself, "I will not let this happen!" Tired as he was from his work, Red was determined to not let his other stats fall, not while he has a chance!

Armed with items that'll help him improve in some areas of his life, he starts his challenge armed with high hopes and seemingly random stuff!

3.png

1. Practice Guitar 3 times a week! (for at least 30 minutes) Pts - Cha +3 Dex +2
  2. Build up to working out 3 times a week (Advanced Bodyweight routine by Steve) Pts - Sta +3 Str +1
  3. Check Nerdfitness community once a week (to update the community and check on others if there's enough time) Pts - Cha +2
  4. Reading every day for 30 minutes! Pts - Wis +3 Cha +1
    • Monday: Comic books (Starting with Marvel's Civil War) 
    • Tuesday: Catholic Bible (Student's version)
    • Wednesday: Physics of the Human Body
    • Thursday: Art of War (then Marcus Aurelius' Meditations, then something else philosophical)
    • Friday: Human Anatomy: Descriptive and Surgical
  • Like 2

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Red! So great to have you back!

Glad to be back, hopefully for good this time!

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

Hey, great to see you back!!

If I remember rightly, your job involved a whole heck of a lot of walking in a fairly quick fashion (in a warehouse? was it Amazon?) My job isn't anywhere near that energetic and I still have trouble getting things in around it. Can't wait to see how this one goes for you!!

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

My brother Red! Good to see you buddy! I like you book list-keep me updated on Civil War, I heard that's a great series to read, PLUS the upcoming movie!

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

HI THERE!

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

yay, Red is back!

\o/ Glad to be back, EG!

Hey, great to see you back!!

If I remember rightly, your job involved a whole heck of a lot of walking in a fairly quick fashion (in a warehouse? was it Amazon?) My job isn't anywhere near that energetic and I still have trouble getting things in around it. Can't wait to see how this one goes for you!!

Heya Obax! Yes! Which is why it has become rather difficult for me to workout, mostly because I'm physically tired from working. Ha ha ha, I can't wait either!

My brother Red! Good to see you buddy! I like you book list-keep me updated on Civil War, I heard that's a great series to read, PLUS the upcoming movie!

Wolf

Wolf-Brother!! It has been a long time, my friend! I wouldn't want to spoil anything on the Civil War for you, but it's been interesting so far! Nice profile pic by the way!

HI THERE!

Heya Karinajean! How are you?

So since this is all pre-challenge, I'd like to let you guys know what's going on that'll affect this challenge:

• I have a Whiteboard that will help me remember what I must do during the week.
  • I have a weekend in Chicago (family-related) on the 12th to the 14th of June
  • Distant Worlds Concert on the 17th of June

And that's about it so far, I'd like for you guys to remind me (when I forget) that this is a habit-building challenge, not a test-your-limits challenge, because I will forget :P

• Like 2

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

And that's about it so far, I'd like for you guys to remind me (when I forget) that this is a habit-building challenge, not a test-your-limits challenge, because I will forget :tongue:

I would offer to remind you that it's not a test-your-limits challenge, but unfortunately, I tend to forget that too.  ;)  I hope this challenge helps you get back into a good groove.

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Hey brotha, how are things? How's you're weekend been?

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I would offer to remind you that it's not a test-your-limits challenge, but unfortunately, I tend to forget that too.   ;)  I hope this challenge helps you get back into a good groove.

Hey brotha, how are things? How's you're weekend been?

Wolf

Things are going pretty well! I'm just trying to make ends meet and trying to get back in to Exercising regularly! My weekend was great! Mostly relaxing and eventful.

How about yours?

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Things are going pretty well! I'm just trying to make ends meet and trying to get back in to Exercising regularly! My weekend was great! Mostly relaxing and eventful.

How about yours?

Mine was relaxing as well sir. It's been 2 days now and no rain [emoji1][emoji106]ðŸ»[emoji1][emoji106]ðŸ»

My alarm was set to go off in 27 min but Race came in and said he had a nightmare so I comforted him and put him back to bed.. But now, no sense in me getting comfy lol. I'm gonna go ahead and gather my stuff and get ready for my workout!

If you need help with any exercise stuff don't hesitate to ask my friend!

Wolf

Spoiler

Mine was relaxing as well sir. It's been 2 days now and no rain [emoji1][emoji106]ðŸ»[emoji1][emoji106]ðŸ»

My alarm was set to go off in 27 min but Race came in and said he had a nightmare so I comforted him and put him back to bed.. But now, no sense in me getting comfy lol. I'm gonna go ahead and gather my stuff and get ready for my workout!

If you need help with any exercise stuff don't hesitate to ask my friend!

Wolf

Who needs sleep when your kids need you to fend off monsters for them? Ha ha ha, these are all signs that you're a good father.

My main problem is just pushing myself to exercise, and to not give in to my own exhaustion.

So glad to see you back! Look forward to see you destroying your goals!

Heya T2SC! Glad to be back! Hopefully for good this time!

You know, life's funny, I exercise to improve my health and remember too late that exercising also lowers your immune system for a time, and wouldn't you know it? I get sick! So much for starting the challenge strong. Oh well, I was able to get something in:

â—Plank: 1 min, 1 min

â—pushups: 15, 15

â—Chin ups: 10, 10

â—Dips: 10, 10

â—Pull ups: 3, 3

â—Lunges: 20, 20

â—BW Squats: 20, 20

I only did 2 sets (with a 45 sec break in between) due to the fact that I'm slowly getting myself back into the habit of exercising, don't want to do too much too quickly. In terms of the readings, I've only done Monday's reading: comics, the rest of the times, I was too sick to think straight. Also no guitar practice was done either.

It looks like this challenge is going to be harder than I thought!

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Just saying something really quick here to let you guys know I'm still alive.

Man, it is hard to maintain these things, so many days, so many random things happening!

I'll try to give you guys a more detailed update next time, I find a chance to! So I hope that all of you guys are doing well on your respective challenges!

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Miss ya buddy! Hope all is well on your end?! We've all been where we've been too busy to do much of anything man, so don't sweat it! We'll be here when you return :)

Wolf

Spoiler

It's amazing how time can go by so fast sometimes, I definitely know that feeling. Hope things are going well despite the business!

I know! It feels like it's only been a couple of hours and the next thing I know, the week is over! Things are still progressing.

Keep your chin up!

Chin up! Got it!

Miss ya buddy! Hope all is well on your end?! We've all been where we've been too busy to do much of anything man, so don't sweat it! We'll be here when you return :)

Wolf

Heya Buddy! All is well, I'm busier than I anticipated, and have been having trouble with time-management (hence my absences on here). But I'm making more of an effort to do better!

So, here's that detailed update I promised you guys!

• I'm no longer sick (WHOO HOO!)
  • My trip to and from Chicago was interesting and awesome (also bought a book 50 Great Short Stories)
  • At work, I volunteer for the most physically demanding jobs (Quarterback and Water Spider) and then do my upmost to make sure that I'm "working out" at work, to the point where I have a good sweat going on in the air-conditioned factory.
  • Still trying to find time to read and practice guitar, although I just finished the Art of War yesterday and did a bit of practicing the day before.
  • I apologize if I didn't put any responses on your guys' threads, I read them, but I in order to catch up to everyone, I don't leave myself enough time to reply.

All in all, I'm still working on making this a habit. Consistency is an elusive creature.

• Like 4

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

Challenge Wrap-up!

This was a Habit-building challenge, and I've gotta admit, this was one of the hardest things I've had to do. It was difficult finding consistency within my days, especially when I get home from work and just want to play Xbox or watch TV and forget the world. I'm not even going to try to stretch any of my attempts to make it seem like I did more than I have. I still have a lot of work ahead of me and this challenge is pretty much considered a fail. 

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler

^^^  That.  If you've started building any habits at all, or at least learned what is and what isn't working, you're on the right track.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

But you're still around, fighting. You've lost a battle, not the war

Thanks D_R, I have to remember that it's a journey and victories and failures are all part of it.

^^^  That.  If you've started building any habits at all, or at least learned what is and what isn't working, you're on the right track.  

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing I can take from this failure of a challenge.

So here's my new challenge! Red1263 Meets a Master

• Like 1

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler