The Great Hall: General Chatter

Allow me to draw your attention towards the newest guild thread. Keep your eyes and ears peeled, Rangers. Lot of awesomeness going around, it's high time we celebrated our members' high moments

Love this. Just another reason why I love being a Ranger. [emoji7]

sent from the phantom zone via Tapatalk

• Like 4

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Love this. Just another reason why I love being a Ranger. [emoji7]

I love this guild.  It seems most of the folks floating around our little forest hollow are of the highest caliber and full of support.  Couldn't find a better place for motivation and inspiration!

• Like 6

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I have major FOMO in general so that Treehouse is going to make me want to be super awesome!

MUST. DEFEAT. EVIL.

*Shoots flaming arrows everywhere*

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Phoenix Rises

Last Challenges: Until Lambs Become Lions, The First Avenger

Level 2 Ranger

STR - Physical Strength - 4

DEX - Agility and Speed - 2

STA - Endurance and Energy - 3

CON - Ability to Resist Damage and Disease 3

WIS - Intuition and Sense - 4

CHA - Personality and Physical Attractiveness - 4

Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy...?

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%
Found this searching for Monday gifs.  WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

So that was strange...

monday-is-coming.jpg

That's a terrible house motto.  At least today's Monday is technically my Friday.  Sometimes shift work is a blessing!

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Random ranger-ly thoughts from a coffee shop...

I just learned that the word gym comes from the greek for "naked," a reference to the ancient custom of training and competing naked. While I hardly train without clothes, it made me think. The "gym" is still a place where we get to develop a "leave it all at the door" mentality. 

• Like 4

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I just learned that the word gym comes from the greek for "naked," a reference to the ancient custom of training and competing naked. While I hardly train without clothes, it made me think. The "gym" is still a place where we get to develop a "leave it all at the door" mentality. 

Related and not related, I am definitely looking forward to the day I'm comfortable enough to crush a WOD without a shirt on!

• Like 1

That used to be the case in my old box. Even in the middle of a workout, it was acceptable for people to take off their shirt due to excess sweat. My current box has a "no shirts off" rule, I'm guessing they had issues with showoffs in the past and/or don't want to scare of new people or give the wrong impression

Also, just because I couldn't help it

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Rangers, call to Arms, we are going up against the other guilds (if they're man enough to show up) in a burpee PvP.

This is our hour of glory (well 7 mins!) prepare yourselves for victory.

So... have to admit I have goaded the warriors and assassins in their chat threads so we must honor the guild and not let "The World" win!!

At my signal unleash hell!! (anyone with a pet sidekick must be a Ranger ;) and just look at that smelly warrior hoard!)

• Like 2

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

you mean ya'll don't go to the gym naked?

that explains why I run in to issues at gyms

• Like 3

That used to be the case in my old box. Even in the middle of a workout, it was acceptable for people to take off their shirt due to excess sweat. My current box has a "no shirts off" rule, I'm guessing they had issues with showoffs in the past and/or don't want to scare of new people or give the wrong impression.

It honestly boggles my mind that there could ever be a Crossfit gym with a 'no shirts off' rule.  I had to blink a few times to make sure I read that right.  It's just such a casual maneuver at my box, man or woman, peeling off their sweaty shirt and bashing on through the WOD.  I hardly even notice anymore.  But I can see the potential for too much showboating, and that would definitely take away from the community's atmosphere, I guess.

Rangers, call to Arms, we are going up against the other guilds (if they're man enough to show up) in a burpee PvP.

This is our hour of glory (well 7 mins!) prepare yourselves for victory.

So... have to admit I have goaded the warriors and assassins in their chat threads so we must honor the guild and not let "The World" win!!

At my signal unleash hell!! (anyone with a pet sidekick must be a Ranger ;) and just look at that smelly warrior hoard!)

Hey... that so-called horde of 'smelly' warriors are my kind of people!

I mean, can't you see the family resemblance?

barbarian.jpg

• Like 1

barbarian.jpg

true story, this dude is from Scotland and runs a group of extras who are trained in multiple forms of historic combat, altered for stage and have been in everything from Gladiator, to Robin Hood, to Game of Thrones to Thor.

They own a village up in Scotland that they are building in to a dark age style village that schools can take kids to on trips to learn more about UK history. At the village is the battering ram from Robin Hood, that Russel Crowe purchased after the movie and donated

• Like 8

That guy is my hero.  I might have to pay that village a visit this fall.  Do you have any more info there, ItsDaniel?

Allow me to draw your attention towards the newest guild thread. Keep your eyes and ears peeled, Rangers. Lot of awesomeness going around, it's high time we celebrated our members' high moments

oooooohhhhhhhh

how do we suggest people for this!! 

also... I follow things by clicking the "participated" link on the forums... and the tapatalk app... if I can't participate I dunno how to find it... 

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Since Hammi and most of the other GLs are a bit busy right now, you can PM me and I'll put it up there.

If you're on a computer, you can click the big red "Follow this topic" button on the top right of the thread (bro tip: untick the "receive notifications" box in order to prevent your mail from getting flooded). Tapatalk has a similar function through a little star image on the top of a thread.

Once you have followed the thread, if on a computer, you can press "View New Topics" (top right) and use the "Just items I follow" filter from the column on the left. If using Tapatalk, there's a star-marked option when viewing threads, it's the same filter that shows you topics you're following.

That way, every time there's an update, it'll pop up on your feed. I'll keep in mind to drop a mention and a link on the General Chat thread as well, just in case.

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

eh... I don't "follow" anyone... I just participate... so that seems like a LOT of work (to check and see IF it's updated)... I think I like it if you just let us know when you update it's cool

so pm you... just for rangers? or ranger recruits too?

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

true story, this dude is from Scotland and runs a group of extras who are trained in multiple forms of historic combat, altered for stage and have been in everything from Gladiator, to Robin Hood, to Game of Thrones to Thor.

They own a village up in Scotland that they are building in to a dark age style village that schools can take kids to on trips to learn more about UK history. At the village is the battering ram from Robin Hood, that Russel Crowe purchased after the movie and donated

I WANT TO GO THERE RIGHT MEOW

d42891fe428976f4b3eac6fbfaaeccdb.gif

Oh gosh I want to live there and be a dark age soothsayer that descends into a mysterious cave every week to dig up colorful stones with magical powers and climbs trees to pluck rare branches to create tinctures and and

OK I'll stop now.  (Wanna go.)

• Like 4

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Oh gosh I want to live there and be a dark age soothsayer that descends into a mysterious cave every week to dig up colorful stones with magical powers and climbs trees to pluck rare branches to create tinctures and and

OK I'll stop now.  (Wanna go.)

Hush now.  We'll go together!

(I wanna go too)

• Like 2

Hush now.  We'll go together!

(I wanna go too)

Rurik, aren't you going to Scotland shortly?!?!?

The Regia Anglorum recreation is on my short list next time I'm in the UK :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs