The Great Hall: General Chatter

Sure am.  September.  And the more I talk about it around here, the more interest ideas pour out.

It'll definitely end up being one hell of a trip!

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Wait, what?  I clicked on the link in the PvP thread, and the CF games link, and finally, their link to the you tube video

and found out to my surprise/chagrin that burpees don't require strict pushups... which has always been what kept me from even trying to do them for reps.  (I will have arm muscles someday.  Today is not that day, although it is bench press day, so I'm on my way to someday.)  I have no idea where I got the misconception that burpees required pushups.

I'll have to check and see if I can add burpee practice to my workouts this challenge... (Thank goodness for the try-it-out-during-Bye-Weeks opportunity!)

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Wait, what?  I clicked on the link in the PvP thread, and the CF games link, and finally, their link to the you tube video

and found out to my surprise/chagrin that burpees don't require strict pushups... which has always been what kept me from even trying to do them for reps.  (I will have arm muscles someday.  Today is not that day, although it is bench press day, so I'm on my way to someday.)  I have no idea where I got the misconception that burpees required pushups.

I'll have to check and see if I can add burpee practice to my workouts this challenge... (Thank goodness for the try-it-out-during-Bye-Weeks opportunity!)

I was under the same impression and am pretty excited to find out this is not true.  I might actually try some burpees later today to see what I can do...

true story, this dude is from Scotland and runs a group of extras who are trained in multiple forms of historic combat, altered for stage and have been in everything from Gladiator, to Robin Hood, to Game of Thrones to Thor.

They own a village up in Scotland that they are building in to a dark age style village that schools can take kids to on trips to learn more about UK history. At the village is the battering ram from Robin Hood, that Russel Crowe purchased after the movie and donated

The guys name is Chick Allan, and he must have kicked it off well on Gladiator, because now he hangs out with Russel Crowe et al when they are over here.

His group of combat extras has a branch in scotland and a branch about twenty minutes away from me, I trained with them once - may get back in to it.

The village is called Duncarron - you can find it here

• Like 1

Attention Rangers: Please welcome your two newest Ambassadors, Raxie and shaarawy

Congratulations are deserved!

The guys name is Chick Allan, and he must have kicked it off well on Gladiator, because now he hangs out with Russel Crowe et al when they are over here.

His group of combat extras has a branch in scotland and a branch about twenty minutes away from me, I trained with them once - may get back in to it.

The village is called Duncarron - you can find it here

This bears further review for my autumn trip to Scotland.  It's right off the highway between Edinburgh and Glasgow, basically right at the fork that will take you toward the Highlands from the looks of things. It's all but right on my adventure route.  Sounds like exactly my cup of tea!

• Like 2

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Attention Rangers: Please welcome your two newest Ambassadors, Raxie and shaarawy

WAHOO I AM VERY EXCITED!!  And proud to have this honor! ^_________________^  I love being a part of this guild, we are all so varied and everyone works so hard to bring their skills to the table. <3

And now by quoting D_R's post I have finally learned how to tag members on forums!  YESSSSSS knowledge

shaarawy

Heheheheheheheh.

• Like 6

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hooray I am so excited!! All you Rangers are amazing &  I'm not sure I would have made it this far in my fitness journey without this group so I'm super pumped to go out and return the favour to others :D

• Like 9

And now by quoting D_R's post I have finally learned how to tag members on forums!  YESSSSSS knowledge

shaarawy

oooooohhhhhh do they get a notice they been tagged :)

alienjenn

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

All you Rangers are amazing &  I'm not sure I would have made it this far in my fitness journey without this group ...

This.  This is what the Rangers are all about.

I know I wouldn't still be here, slogging away through challenge after challenge, and always finding a quirky new personal quest to improve and liven up my life, if it weren't for all of you quality characters.

Now that I'm done gushing I'm going back to my dark corner.  I'll be the one scowling and generally acting unapproachable.

• Like 7

awwwww.... tapatalk doesn't notify me... and I am not on a real computer often enough to check notifications there :(

oooooohhhhhh do they get a notice they been tagged :)

alienjenn

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

This.  This is what the Rangers are all about.

I know I wouldn't still be here, slogging away through challenge after challenge, and always finding a quirky new personal quest to improve and liven up my life, if it weren't for all of you quality characters.

Now that I'm done gushing I'm going back to my dark corner.  I'll be the one scowling and generally acting unapproachable.

Ooooo an unapproachable being!

Challenge accepted! *jab* .... *jab jab* .... HEY MAN!

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Phoenix Rises

Last Challenges: Until Lambs Become Lions, The First Avenger

Level 2 Ranger

STR - Physical Strength - 4

DEX - Agility and Speed - 2

STA - Endurance and Energy - 3

CON - Ability to Resist Damage and Disease 3

WIS - Intuition and Sense - 4

CHA - Personality and Physical Attractiveness - 4

Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy...?

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%

If I haven't said it lately, I freaking love you all and this guild. DR you kick all the asses; thank you for firing up the engines!

Sorry I haven't been around as much- I'm in the process of growing a human and moving. I'm lucky if I get a walk in every day.

As soon as we get settled in 2 weeks things should calm down.

You all keep being amazing and supportive, like you are. I'll try to pop around your threads to see all the epicness that's prevailing.

Raxie and shaarawy- congrats and thanks for stepping up and answering the call!! Super grateful to have you on the team!

FOR THE REBELLION!!!

Hugs and high fives

- Hammi

• Like 13

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

If I haven't said it lately, I freaking love you all and this guild. DR you kick all the asses; thank you for firing up the engines!

Sorry I haven't been around as much- I'm in the process of growing a human and moving. I'm lucky if I get a walk in every day.

As soon as we get settled in 2 weeks things should calm down.

You all keep being amazing and supportive, like you are. I'll try to pop around your threads to see all the epicness that's prevailing.

Raxie and shaarawy- congrats and thanks for stepping up and answering the call!! Super grateful to have you on the team!

FOR THE REBELLION!!!

Hugs and high fives

- Hammi

it's not like growing a human is taxing or anything.... psha ;)

I am so excited for bacon bits!!!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Is it Monday yet? Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say.

• Like 5

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I'm right stoked for this challenge too.  I think this one might turn out to be the longest, most technically challenging... challenge... that I've had to date, but I'm all the more excited for that reason.  With the side quests I added and the new nutrition plan, it's like I'm starting as a level 1 all over again.  I'm particularly looking forward to my outdoorsy quests and playing toward my character interests.  Definitely the best idea I've had around here.

Bring it on Monday.  Tomorrow's deadlift day.  Let's do this!

tumblr_ma1hihjnPT1qbjuneo1_500.gif

• Like 5

Happy Challenge Monday Rangers!!!

• Like 5

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis