• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Campfire | Recipes for Ranger delicacies!

Share your cooking inspirations with the rest of the guild here!

Recipe links

Turkey Sweet Potato Hash

Sweet Potato Mess

Full-size pub-style chicken "wing" thighs

White Bean Turkey Chili

Ratatouille

Egg muffins

Protein Pipe Bombs

Peanutbutter muffins

Super simple tinfoil salmon

Beef liver with rosemary

Black bean and sweet potato burritos

Omelet muffins

Grilled chicken with yoghurt and garlic sauce

Egg casserole

Tortillia omelet

Muffin tin egg frittattas/mini-quiches/savory breakfast muffins/whateveryouwanttocallthem

Beef with snow peas

Chicken and okra

Protein veggie smoothie

Beet sauce

Wolf's Apollo cookies

Cucumber, tomato, cream cheese and chive sandwich

Cantaloupe gazpacho

Spinach, beans and meat

Pork dumplings with spicy sauce and banana dumpling dessert

Tuna salad

Homemade ketchup and broccoli-cheddar soup

Roasted brussels sprouts

Chorizo sweet potato peppers with a cod filet

Sriracha Turkey Burgers filled with coleslaw

Sweet potato hash

Jedi apple snack

Flourless mocha bacon brownies

DarK_RaideR's "wtf this shouldn't work" brownie

Lembas

Paleo Pumpkin Gingerbread Cake

Lyniffer's onion and apple meatroll

Burrito bowl

Low-sugar extra protein-y chocolate

Kalua pork

Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon

(Paleo) Meat Loaf Muffins

Creamy onion soup

Sweet potato bacon cakes

Coconut Cream Chocolate Mousse

Lyniffer's pork tenderloin

Lemak

Flesh-of-Four-Beasts Chili

Gluten-free "granola" bars

Cutebug's beefy feast

Protein salad

Banana bread

Archon's Thai style red curry

Paleo Buffalo Chicken Muffins

Three little pigs

Lazy Barley-otto

BACONY BACON SPINACH PALEO MEATLOAF

Poor-Man's Sushi/ Ninja Tuna Casserole

Crock pot tenderloin

Strawberry banana ice cream

Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats

Taco Soup

Spicy Weekend Gumbo

GoldLynx's Omelette

LydieChan's Brekkie on the go

Ladyofthebog's Instant Pot Chilli

Azukmul gro-Dragnar's Split Pea Dal

• Like 1

My mother took me out to a tavern yesterday and I found before me the most succulent and magnificent braised lamb hock, smothered in a beef gravy over sliced zucchini and red pepper.

Needless to say it was amazing and I will be hunting down some lamb hocks of my own to try my hand at the delicacy myself.

• Like 1

OKAY Here is the Turkey Sweet Potato Hash:

Serves 6-8

24oz lean ground turkey

2 T garlic powder

2 T crushed red pepper flake

1 T Thyme

1 T sage

1 C chicken stock

Salt and Pepper to taste

8oz diced apple

15oz sweet potato

6oz diced onion

Cook turkey with spices until browned but not finished - set aside. Add onion and sweet potato to the pan with chicken stock and cover to sweat until sweet potatoes soften. Add the turkey back to the pan and finish cooking through. Add the apple in the last 2-3 minutes (just so it warms but doesn't lose it's crispness). Enjoy!

• Like 15

Sweet Potato Mess

3 Good sized sweet potatoes

1 rotisserie chicken or 3 cooked chicken breasts (hehehe I said breast)

1 can black beans

1 can kidney beans

1 can corn

1-1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli

salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder/flakes to taste

Heat oven to 350

microwave sweet potatoes until tender, but do not overcook

once done. cut in half and spoon sweet potato into a large bowl, save shells

shred chicken (this is why I love my Ninja blender/food processor)

Mix potato, chicken, beans, corn, broccoli and spices together

spoon back into sweet potato shells

top with Colby Jack cheese (optional)

put into oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown

Whatever is left of the mixture is great by itself or as a side.  Protein, carbs, veggies all in one.  Will last for about a week.  I think.  It's never been around longer than 2 days at my house.

Enjoy

• Like 4

I've done this a few times over the last few weeks.  It's definitely a new favorite in my world.

Full-size pub-style chicken "wing" thighs.

In a large freezer bag toss your chicken thighs with skin on, add:

• One tbsp olive oil
  • One tbsp Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce (or more, to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • One tbsp sesame seeds and garlic powder seasoning
  • Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper

Shake thoroughly to ensure even distribution of seasoning and flavors.  Marinate over night.  Cook in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes or until desired level of crackling achieved on the skin.

Devour immediately for maximum wing-y-ness.

• Like 5

Sweet Potato Mess

3 Good sized sweet potatoes

1 rotisserie chicken or 3 cooked chicken breasts (hehehe I said breast)

1 can black beans

1 can kidney beans

1 can corn

1-1 1/2 cups steamed broccoli

salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder/flakes to taste

Heat oven to 350

microwave sweet potatoes until tender, but do not overcook

once done. cut in half and spoon sweet potato into a large bowl, save shells

shred chicken (this is why I love my Ninja blender/food processor)

Mix potato, chicken, beans, corn, broccoli and spices together

spoon back into sweet potato shells

top with Colby Jack cheese (optional)

put into oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown

Whatever is left of the mixture is great by itself or as a side.  Protein, carbs, veggies all in one.  Will last for about a week.  I think.  It's never been around longer than 2 days at my house.

Enjoy

they sound absolutely fantastic

• Like 1

I've done this a few times over the last few weeks.  It's definitely a new favorite in my world.

Full-size pub-style chicken "wing" thighs.

In a large freezer bag toss your chicken thighs with skin on, add:

• One tbsp olive oil
  • One tbsp Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce (or more, to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • One tbsp sesame seeds and garlic powder seasoning
  • Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper

Shake thoroughly to ensure even distribution of seasoning and flavors.  Marinate over night.  Cook in oven at 350 degrees for approximately 30-35 minutes or until desired level of crackling achieved on the skin.

Devour immediately for maximum wing-y-ness.

as does this, it meets the 'ItsDaniel Trifecta

Tasty

Quick

Simple

• Like 1

Also... this we make quite oftenL

White Bean Turkey Chili:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 pounds ground turkey (we used 97/3 extra lean)
1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili powder (we used chipotle chili powder)
3 tablespoons flour
30oz white beans (we used dry great northern beans soaked overnight – 1.5 pounds was just about 30oz when soaked!)
½ pound kale or swiss chard (I used half of a 1 pound bag and picked out the stem pieces of kale)
6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

In a large stock pot over medium heat cook the onion in the olive oil until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook another minute. Add in the ground turkey and let it cook until cooked through, stirring and breaking it up as it does. Add salt, cumin, fennel, oregano, chili powder and flour and stir to combine. Add in the chicken stock, beans, and kale. Let it all simmer together about an hour to an hour and a half over low heat. Add in the crushed red pepper flakes and simmer another 20-30 minutes.

Serve however you please! This makes 8-10 serving, depending on how much you let the stock simmer and evaporate during the cooking process. After putting this recipe in My Fitness Pal, it came out to 379 calories per serving at 8 servings – not to mention a whopping 33 grams of protein! We like to add a little hot sauce and devour this tasty meal. Enjoy!

• Like 3

All this is making me hungry.  I guess I'll go eat my breakfast salad (Yay). Not my idea, gotta "thank" the fiancé for that.  I will have more recipes soon.  And, therealkat and Rurik The Ranger, please keep them coming, I love all the new and easy yet healthy recipes.  Maybe start and entire Ranger cookbook?!?!?!?!?

• Like 3

I made this the other night from Sarah Fragoso's blog. Unstuffed Bell Peppers:

5d488d10d88ff6c849be4efdf57b8b3c.jpg

I'm not a big veggie eater but am trying to eat more for the baby. Visit her blog sarahfragoso.com for the recipe.

• Like 3

More dinnertime adventures with Rurik!

Last night's dessert:

e0dc629b91e8dcc08915a0eda28e41a6.jpg

Sliced bananas pan-fried in butter, drizzled in melted peanut butter and dusted with cocoa powder.

Magnificent.

• Like 10

sooooooooooo, put this one in under your 'bulking recipes', or post race 'recipes' or if you are like me, your 'general bbq food recipes'

Grab some sausages, or brats or whatever you are calling them,

Cut them lengthwise down the centre and stuff them with a good melter cheese (gouda, jack and mexican chilli cheeses work nice)

Wrap them tightly in smoked streaky bacon, to hold the sausages together and keep the cheese in.

Brush them with your glaze of choice (I use jack daniels honey bbq)

Use a couple of sticks to keep the bacon wrapped around the sausage

And bbq those bad boys up.

Alas I ate them too quickly so have no pictures

• Like 8

I made ratatouille tonight! AND IT IS DELICIOUS WOW. I used 1 small-ish eggplant, 1 zucchini, 3 tomatoes, half an onion, and water/oil/rosemary/salt/pepper in approximate amounts. Yummm! <3

ETA: Man, this stuff is even better the next day. The flavors have all had time to intermingle... mmm. It would be better if there was some meat in it, though. I think next time I'll fry up some kielbasa sausage and throw that in.

• Like 4

I know someone else has this problem.  So I figure I'll ask for a solution.

I leave from where I workout and go straight to work (there are showers at work).  I need to eat breakfast between the two, currently fast food is my only option.  What solutions have ya'll found?  

I leave from where I workout and go straight to work (there are showers at work).  I need to eat breakfast between the two, currently fast food is my only option.  What solutions have ya'll found?  

Egg muffins :) They're super easy to make, and if you make a bunch on the weekend, you can keep them in the fridge and just grab a couple on your way out the door.

• Like 1

I seem to have a thing for explosives in the kitchen. Remember that time I made "Protein Grenades"?

Expanding the idea, I found some awesome ball-shaped zucchini, about the size of a tennis ball. Removed the interior, ground it and mixed it with some cocoa chilli I made, then stuffed the zucchini, cooked them and stored them in the fridge for similar use.

I call them "protein grenades"  :tongue:

Well, I named today's monstrosity "Protein Pipe Bombs"

Minimum ingredients (for 4 pieces)

• 32 Bacon strips
  • 4 Sausages
  • Half a kilo (a.k.a. a pound) of ground beef

Execution

• Weave bacon strips into 4X4 pieces. This is a good tutorial on bacon weaving
  • Place the ground beef in a bowl and work it with your hands until it's ready to be shaped. You might want to add spices for flavouring, as well as breadcrumbs or egg, much like in burgers
  • Grab a good hunk of ground beef and press it into a flat shape
  • Place sausage in the middle of the piece of ground beef you've prepared. Wrap it around the sausage, adding some more if required to seal the wrap. Make sure it's spread evenly along the length, otherwise it will probably fall apart when cooking. This will also help with the next step, which is...
  • Rest your creation on a sheet of bacon weave and carefully wrap it up
  • Place pipe bombs on a tray with cooking paper and cook in medium heat inside the oven or on a grill. Glazing is optional

IMG_20150609_205743.jpg

• Like 13

Fast food is never an option in my books, so I always make sure I have a bag or cooler of snacks/meals packed.  Shadri's egg muffins are a good suggestions.  I like deli meats (the less processed sort you get from a butcher, like roast beef or chicken/turkey breast) wrapped around sliced veggies, beef jerky, and cold meat, alongside whatever side.  Were I in your position, I would grab a tupperware or two and have a chicken breast and some sweet potato on standby.  It'll keep outside of a fridge just fine for a few hours until you devour it before your workout.  A protein shake is an option there too.

• Like 2

Fast food is never an option in my books, so I always make sure I have a bag or cooler of snacks/meals packed.  Shadri's egg muffins are a good suggestions.  I like deli meats (the less processed sort you get from a butcher, like roast beef or chicken/turkey breast) wrapped around sliced veggies, beef jerky, and cold meat, alongside whatever side.  Were I in your position, I would grab a tupperware or two and have a chicken breast and some sweet potato on standby.  It'll keep outside of a fridge just fine for a few hours until you devour it before your workout.  Hardboiled eggs, canned tuna or salmon, and protein shakes are options here too.

What I did for my last trip is that I made peanut butter muffins. Real easy:

- 2 medium bananas, ripe but not brown

- 2 medium eggs

- 3 big tablespoons of peanut butter (or almond or cashew butter)

- 1 tb of honey

All that, in a blender, blend it real well until it becomes creamy, add a couple of pinches of baking soda, and add a handful of nuts or almonds in the blender (optional), and blend again just a bit. Pour the stuff in mini muffin moulds, or bigger ones, or even just a small regular cake mould. It's crazy good, filling, if you're a moderate eater it won't be too much of a step out of your diet. It used to be my only source of carbs, not counting the veggies and a bit of fruit, for about two weeks. For me that quantity makes a batch of 12 mini-muffins, and two with my coffee are enough to keep me going until lunch.

• Like 3

I seem to have a thing for explosives in the kitchen. Remember that time I made "Protein Grenades"?

Well, I named today's monstrosity "Protein Pipe Bombs"

Minimum ingredients (for 4 pieces)

• 32 Bacon strips
  • 4 Sausages
  • Half a kilo (a.k.a. a pound) of ground beef

Execution

• Weave bacon strips into 4X4 pieces. This is a good tutorial on bacon weaving
  • Place the ground beef in a bowl and work it with your hands until it's ready to be shaped. You might want to add spices for flavouring, as well as breadcrumbs or egg, much like in burgers
  • Grab a good hunk of ground beef and press it into a flat shape
  • Place sausage in the middle of the piece of ground beef you've prepared. Wrap it around the sausage, adding some more if required to seal the wrap. Make sure it's spread evenly along the length, otherwise it will probably fall apart when cooking. This will also help with the next step, which is...
  • Rest your creation on a sheet of bacon weave and carefully wrap it up
  • Place pipe bombs on a tray with cooking paper and cook in medium heat inside the oven or on a grill. Glazing is optional

IMG_20150609_205743.jpg

i think you may have to marry me

• Like 2

Ah yes, the famed 'bacon explosion.'

I have attempted a couple different executions of similar recipes, but the best one I have managed so far was stuffed with ground Italian sausage and jalapeno peppers, and then brushed with BBQ sauce.

Now that you've reminded me, I think it's time to get back on that recipe... I've always wanted to try smoking the finished product.  But alas, I do not own a smoker!

• Like 3

protein shake + two bananas = easy mode

• Like 2