• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Campfire | Recipes for Ranger delicacies!

On 2/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, Elastigirl said:

leftover prok roast

I thought proks were endangered?  Are we allowed to hunt them again?  I've heard prok hunting is both challenging and rewarding.  Plus you end up with all those feathers, for making fancy hats.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I thought proks were endangered?  Are we allowed to hunt them again?  I've heard prok hunting is both challenging and rewarding.  Plus you end up with all those feathers, for making fancy hats.

:lol:I don't do the hunting. I just buy it from the guy who sells it out of the back of his truck.He assured me it was all legal:)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

You need a stamp on your hunting licesnse, and there is a bag limit, but it has been legal since they were taken of the threatened list after one of the EPA board members stepped in some Prok droppings.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

I thought I'd share the every so often recipe because what is more Hobbit than cooking?

Instant Pot Chili Fit for a Took

O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed;
but better is Beer if drink we lack,
and Water Hot poured down the back.

Fellowship of the Ring

This is a healthy, easy recipe for the Instapot (I'm obsessed, best tool for healthy eating/meal prep ever!). Easy to make on the cheap and for extra protein one could add quinoa. The beer gives dimension! Using the Instant Pot this chili is ready in less than 20 minutes. Same ingredients can be used w/ extra beer w/ adjusted cook time for stove top.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed (I buy the pre-minced type for ease)
  • 1 small white onion, chopped
  • 1 large poblano pepper, chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, diced and seeds removed (for less spicy variation)
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 15 oz can Great Northern Beans or Pinto beans
  • 1 15 oz can Kidney Beans
  • 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
  • 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small chunks
  • 1 cup frozen corn (or canned corn)
  • 1/2 cup beer (pilsner or lager) or water
  • 1 bell pepper
  1. Select the saute function on your Instant Pot and let it heat up for a minute or two. Add olive oil to coat pot.
  2. Add onion, garlic, and both peppers. Stir and saute for 3 minutes, or until veggies are softened.
  3. Toss in all the spices to include the salt, and mix well to coat the veggies. Saute for another minute.
  4. Add all the beans, tomatoes with juice, sweet potatoes, beer (or water), and corn. Secure the lid.
  5. Select manual and cook on high pressure for 4 minutes.
  6. Once cooking is complete, use a quick release. Remove the lid and stir.
  7. Add in bell pepper.
  8. For thicker chili, saute on high for an additional 3-5 minutes.
  9. Season with more salt if needed and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
* I made this for my meat loving family tonight and they thought it was delicious! hooray!

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Is it ok to be posting links to the Recipe Book forum here?  I'm trying out a bunch of new recipes and seems a little redundant to be posting them multiple times.

wait, there's a recipe book forum? How did i miss that? must check it out.

37795887_674405922923467_403927749904826

My take on Spanish Tortilla. 
I fried some bacon I had chopped (6 slices) then removed it. I then pan fried 2 chopped Yukon gold potatoes in the grease with salt, pepper and paprika till soft. (If you're trying this at home, add more salt. Trust me.) I added the bacon on top of the potatoes. 
I took 6 eggs, a little milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and mixed in my magic bullet. I added that to the skillet (cast iron of course) with the grease still in there and let it cook for 3 minutes. I put it into a 350 degree oven for 6 minutes. When the six minutes were up I turned on the broiler and let it sit for another 6 minutes. We were out of onion or I would have used that instead of the powder. I topped mine with cheese. It came straight out of the skillet without sticking.

• Like 1