Ranger Optional Mini-challenge: The first expedition

I stare at the cube. There's a familiarity there. But it's wrong. So so wrong. I look down at my arm where the twisting silver vine had been left from earlier. The silver is fading but still glinting ever so slightly.. as if it is moving towards my wrist.. towards the cube. Suddenly I feel a sharp tug in my chest. NO! I start to falter and grab Brychaen's arm to steady myself. All the magic I'd used earlier had taken its toll and I still hadn't recovered completely. I feel it pulling what little energy I have left....

All I can feel is soft fur under my skin and a sudden rush of wind. I must be moving fast... but I can't see... everything has gone black.. but ..I ..I must... fight to stay... awake..... "Dal dynn" I feel the words inside my head: "Hold tight." As we leave the cursed cube behind us, I slowly start to come around to where we are. Somehow I'm on Blaidd's back, his strong wolf legs not even struggling with the added weight. He slows to a halt and turns to look back towards the outpost. A few hundred metres away, Brychaen is sprinting to catch up to us. I move to clamber off Blaidd but with the energy zapped from me I instantly collapse in a heap on the dusty earth. "Great Goddess" I mutter, frustrated at my lack of mobility. Blaidd nudges me with his nose -perhaps to check I'm still conscious. I grumble at him "I'm fine.." but I can hear him draw back his breath ready to howl to Brychaen. "Seriously, I'm-"

"Don't move" Brychaen must've caught up with us now. His voice is deadly serious. I ignore him and roll over onto my back. "I thought I said don't move, Elf Girl" His eyes flash.

"Calm down, Wolf Boy. I'm fine. Look." I hold up my hands. "Not a scratch" His eyes grow wild and dark. He grabs my wrist and pulls it towards him, up into the light.

"What?!" I ask, slightly scared. Has the cube made him insane...???

"Your magic is almost gone. I can see it. You need rest or you'll..." His words trailed off. The dark in his eyes swirled and settled to a light blue as tears started to pool in their depths.

"Don't worry about me, I'm fine!" I pull my arm back but I don't make any attempt to sit up. He's right. I feel so drained.

So I have been out of action all week :( Still have this damn cough so I haven't been able to do any exercise which frustrates me!! I will hopefully be back to at least 80% health by the end of this week so I can do my speed feat then... hopefully.

I didn't want to click "like" because you are sick, but wow the two of you are really wonderful writers. I've been enjoying your story so much throughout this mini.

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I didn't want to click "like" because you are sick, but wow the two of you are really wonderful writers. I've been enjoying your story so much throughout this mini.

Thanks Xena! :pride: we'll try keep em coming

• Like 3

Class: Ranger

Level: 3

Attributes:

Strength (STR) - 7

Dexterity (DEX) - 5

Stamina (STA) - 3

Constitution (CON) - 5

Wisdom (WIS) - 6

Charisma (CHA) - 3

Last Challenges: First steps into Mirkwood, Surviving Mirkwood

Current Challenge: Mirkwood, the place of the lost.

‘Not all those who wander are lost.’ – J.R.R. Tolkien

Thanks! It's such a cool world to get to write for so I love it! And getting to be a kickass wild elf (even though she keeps falling over haha)!

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Phoenix Rises

Last Challenges: Until Lambs Become Lions, The First Avenger

Level 2 Ranger

STR - Physical Strength - 4

DEX - Agility and Speed - 2

STA - Endurance and Energy - 3

CON - Ability to Resist Damage and Disease 3

WIS - Intuition and Sense - 4

CHA - Personality and Physical Attractiveness - 4

Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy...?

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%

Okay, here's an embarrassing fail story for my speed challenge!

I challenged myself to do AMRAP of burpees within 2 minutes.  Okay.  Cool.

I decide to do it this morning (fell a little behind) so I set my phone stopwatch up for 2 minutes.  I'm ready, I hit go, and start burpeeing!  YEAH!!  I'm really rocking them out but about 30 seconds in I realize.............. I wasn't counting.

giphy.gif

Had to stop, give myself a few minutes, and try again.  COUNTING this time as I did them.  Unfortunately I was fatigued because I'd wasted my initial burst of energy by not paying attention to my numbers, so I didn't get as many as I would have originally. ;_____;

Either way, 45, and I hate burpees and cardio.  The end!

• Like 8

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Either way, 45, and I hate burpees and cardio.  The end!

so_say_we_all1.gif

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Xena turned back, re-entered the building and offered to help a couple of the rangers who were moving slowly with obvious effort. The first gasped out “thanks but no thanks†and the second just looked at her suspiciously. Xena recognized the type - succeed or die trying – she wouldn’t have taken help either. It made sense no one would want attention drawn to a weakness, so she stopped offering and stood back watching to see if anyone actually collapsed.

After the group had reassembled outside, Raider explained that they would have to run toward the evac site. As they took off, the others recovered from the magical drain and she naturally drifted closer to the middle of the pack.  Her apparent strength earlier must have been the results of some kind of resistance to the magic.

“I guess resistance to magic is a sort of magic in itself,†she mused. “Fat lot of good it’s doing me now though.“ She kicked up the pace and tried to hide the effort it cost her.

I’m pretty well on track for the challenge but hoping to get some bonus points on my speed goal. Weather permitting, I’ll do a solid track workout tomorrow and then really go for it at a 5 K on Sat. Also hoping to do a substantial long run on Sunday.

• Like 4

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I’m pretty well on track for the challenge but hoping to get some bonus points on my speed goal.

No wonder you were portrayed as the badass who got out of the basement with ease and took over the situation ;)

I caught up with my Healing feat on Tuesday (Declutter my wardrobe) and still owe my Speed feat (Hold a Crow pose for at least 5 seconds). Hopefully I'll get it over with today or tomorrow

• Like 3

Lvl 58 Multitasker

So I never got around to doing my Speed feat. Maybe during the break. Meanwhile, to write the ending of this chapter and prepare the mini-challenge for next round. Have you thought of your next feats?

Ooo, are the feat categories going to be the same??

And missing strength feat completed.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Yes. The format will remain the same. Only thing that will change is the story, the order in which feats will be performed and the surprise challenge for Week 6

AWESOME!  I'm ON IT~!

Yes. The format will remain the same. Only thing that will change is the story, the order in which feats will be performed and the surprise challenge for Week 6

Oh dear...

Actually this works out perfectly.  I have about 20 CrossFit metrics to test myself through this challenge (and this will force me to get them done), so that works out wonderfully!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

He had moved in a different direction to the rest of the group, he wandered around feeling somewhat lost and feeling different to the rest, he felt that his body wasn't his own or moving as it should...he knew he had to look for another path...maybe he would walk this one again but for now he would look down this road and see where it takes him.

So signed up for the challenge and achieved none of it...life got in the way and just keeping up with my own challenges became a struggle. also have looked at what my abilities are and what I hope to achieve, also helping out at a Spartan Sprint and Super last weekend showed me where my own weaknesses are very apparent.

Sadly at this time I don't think being a Ranger is suitable, time to seek a new profession and maybe comeback when things are a bit more rounded (and im a bit less!)

Keep up the good work folks, loads of inspiration here, I just need to tap into it!

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

Never too late - I just did my Speed feat, holding the Crow pose for 8 seconds!

Do you have any idea of the ETA for the next mini-challenge?  I'm pondering some Feats over here...

Also you're a real champion for spear-heading this.

• Like 1

Apparently I'm blind, or at least enduring some kind of post-WOD psychosis...

Thanks, DR!

DID IT.  Modified speed feat of pushing myself harder and faster on any and all Alaska hikes completed.  Since there was 24 hours of sunshine I even went on extra after dinner hikes that were not part of the schedule. All feats completed for this one. On to the next.

So excited this is continuing over at the new challenge!  My time lady will continue her story there for sure :D

• Like 3