Ranger Optional Mini-challenge: The first expedition

Speed Feat - Get my 5k time below 28 minutes

We're in the same boat with really similar goal...I'm running a 5k in ~10 days...I'll be happy-ish to break 27, and aiming to break 26:18.

Healing Feat - Make Lunches for every day in the week. (often times I am eating out more than I cook :()

I think that's a really smart useful goal.

Speed: Magic Mile (run one mile as fast as I can without puking or passing out)

Bring it on...world of hurt!!

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I'm just going to jump in here with my return to the challenges...I'll be posting my own challenge thread in the next day or so -- I'm still working on tweaking goals and cleaning up some back story.  This is a sorta-respawn for me (first challenge after a big break) but I'm not resetting to zero and spending another 6 weeks in Level 0/1...

Fresh off The Farm, Initiate Ren Starks (Codename: Raidne) has joined Contego, Inc., one of several clandestine service firms tasked with maintaining order throughout the world and tracking expedition teams.  The Director, a veteran ranger who survived the tear over sixty years ago, has assigned her first mission - a series of objectives (internally called "feats") in an effort to help her establish rapport with her new colleagues.  PFI (Pentamerous Feat Initiation) is a tradition within Contego.  A rite of passage.  A hazing.  Some will succeed.  Some will fail.  Some will cry for their mothers. 

Dossier:
Name:  Ren Starks
Codename:  Raidne
Race:  Human
Class:  Clandestine Service Initiate
Clearance Level:  2

PFI Detail:

Endurance Feat:  Run consecutive Five Miles outside.
Strength Feat:  Establish 1RM in Squat, Deadlift, Bench Press, and Overhead Press

Speed Feat:  Reduce two mile time by 2 minutes or more.

Combat Feat:  Meditate for at least 20 minutes every day.
Healing Feat:  Eat out zero times

Level 0, Rebel, Agency Recuit 
STR: 0  |  DEX: 0  |  STA: 0  |  CON: 0  |  WIS: 0  |  CHA: 0
Battle Log:  Metamorphosis

I don't do the formal challenges any more. Six weeks is both too short and too long a time frame for me to wrap my head around. You'll find me in the Battle Logs. However, June 8 is the last day of school and I have some things I want to accomplish this summer. This format looks worthwhile.

Race: Groundling (Rat Man)

Class: Scavenger

Weapon Proficiency: War Hammer

Feats:

Endurance: Ride my bike at least 150 miles in a week or average 125 miles/week over the summer.

Strength: Move up from 60# sandbag to 75# sandbag while following this workout plan.

If on vacation, I will instead do 25 push-ups in one set. This will be a PR.

Speed: I can do a lap of my home mountain bike trail in 55 minutes, I've been stuck there for years. I want to do it in 50. Better skills and technique will get me there.

If on vacation, I will do a set of sprints, hill sprints if possible.

Combat: Finally grow some cajones and ride the teeter-totter.

If on vacation, 7 minute burpee dry run.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsvKadaVQ6Q

This isn't actually it, but it looks very similar.

Healing: Take care of the gristle. Foam roll, stretch, etc. every day and Turkish Get Ups during every warm up.

Here's my backstory.

Hey Youngling, come here. Wanna trade? I found a smart watch, all I want is a couple of ration bars. What's a smart-watch? It's like a computer for your wrist, yeah, like a Pip Boy. Take it to the Brotherhood of Steel and they'll give you something nice for it, if it's filled with data maybe even a Super-Sledge like mine.

Me? I can't. They said they'd kill me on sight. It was a long time ago, but if I can remember it so can they.

Ya know, I can remember lots of things. I remember the time before. I was human once. It's true. I wasn't a scavenger either, I had a job. Indoors. I was an engineer, or a teacher, or something. I know I used math a lot.

I don't remember the Rift. No one does. If they say they do they're lying. People remember the time before when they were happy and people remember running, fighting, fleeing, but not the change. It was if we all become someone else all at once. I ran and ran and I hid. For a long time. Eventually I wound up with the Brotherhood. It's true, look, I still have the tattoo. Man, back then it really was a Brotherhood. We thought we were going to save mankind. We started by compiling all of the knowledge and stockpiling all of the technology we could.

I was a scribe, hidden deep underground where I was finally safe. Once in a while I went out with the bookleggers. Mostly when the found a trove and needed someone to help prioritize what we brought back. On my last run we were excavating a laboratory on this old University campus. We didn't find much. A lot of chemicals, toxins, poisons. Mutants too. Big, hungry, angry. We fought them off again and again. Ammo was precious, if you used it you didn't know if you'd ever find more. That's why I learned to fight with a sledge. Besides you yell and swing that sledge around like you mean it and most things are smart enough to leave you alone.

Shortly after that I started to change, a few of us did. The doctors couldn't figure out how or why. I don't think they tried too hard; it was easier to find new recruits I suppose. I'm lucky the Brotherhood didn't kill me outright. The merely threw me out the hatch to let the wasteland do their dirty work.

I had a friend though. Last one I ever had maybe. He tracked me, found me, and gave me some food and my sledge. He saved my life. Then he said that if he ever saw me again he would put me out of my misery. Bastard.

Now, I ride. I ride my bike through the ruins and search the flotsam. If there's trouble I hide when I can, run when I have to, and fight if I must. I do alright; there aren't many Groundlings with grey hair like mine.

What do you say kid? Two ration bars for this watch is a Hell of a deal.

• Like 6

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Race: Human, Frisian
Class: Ranger / Shieldmaiden 

• Endurance Feat - Complete 8 mi run

• Strength Feat - 10 pull ups, strict, without dropping off the bar

• Speed Feat - 5 mile mtn bike ride on one of the tougher trails (gets my heart rate up!) 

• Combat Feat - For Time: 1000 jump rope, 5  burpees every time you miss/stop. Post time to comments. 

• Healing Feat - Every day language practice

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Race: Human

Class: Ranger

• Endurance Feat: Complete a 6 mile+ run
  • Strength Feat: Squat 50kg for 8 reps or more
  • Speed Feat: Run a 5k in 31mins or under (Current PR 31:50)
  • Combat Feat: 30mins of yoga
  • Health Feat: Keep a tidy house - Some form of house cleaning every other day (vacuum, dust, clean bathroom)

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

• Endurance Feat - Usually something based on time or distance

• Strength Feat - Usually something based on poundage

• Speed Feat - Usually something based on reducing the time required to complete a task. Could also be a dexterity-based challenge

• Combat Feat - Very individualized. Could be a strength-based feat, a dex-based feat, something in the martial arts or yoga.

• Healing Feat - A non-physical goal. Could be diet-related, something spiritual or meditative, finance-related. Totally up to you.

Name KJ the Morag

Race HalfOrc

Endurance Feat - Plank practice: [Horizontal 3*60s, Wall 2*40s]*7

Strength Feat - Pull Up practice: Inverted Rows (will edit with # later)

Speed Feat - BORows left 8kg, Bridges, Pushups, Bridges, Rows right 8kg, for 5 or 10 minutes (I'll update later with last value) aim is for 10% gain (I think)

Combat Feat - hand eye coordination I'm thinking learn to juggle or practice a certain choreography (dancing) - but as I type this it occurs to me that the only combat-y things I do recently is fight my kids into submission at bedtime... more thoughts needed.

Healing Feat - Meditation / Shamanic Journey to reconnect. 3* minimum of 13 mins each.

A shadow falls over Morag's face, blocking off what little light there is in the confinement of the transporter. Listening intently to whatever she has on her headphones, the stocky woman seems oblivious to the noise of fighting in the distance or even the men and women around her. The crew, though fidgety and anxious to get on their way, are talking and laughing quietly. The shadow falls off of her face and a moment later another one of her new mates droppes off the ladder and into the cramped space within the vehicle. They know it may still be a little while, before the intelligence comes in and orders are given. But they are patient critters, these misfits, these rangers. They know things will start happening soon, their intel suggested. She's new and eager to prove herself, but you wouldn't realize it from her pose: eyes half-closed, keeping an eye on the men and women, who are to become her friends and mates, while still listening to the chatter of various comms channels on the æther, various languages flowing over eachother, voices with various stages of distress distorting them. Another man, tired of the heat outside, drops down next to her seat, she exchanges a nod with him. Upon his raised eyebrow she answers with an open handed gesture and a headshake :nothing happening: then she goes back to listening for --waiting for-- a certain bit of chatter... Nothing yet, but soon. Soon.

http://media.spreadthesign.com/video/mp4/9/45178.mp4

• Like 3

Katrin the Morag Lvl 22 Cadet, half klingon, c-licensed trainer, mother of two, gaming nerd

Current Challenge

Road map to Level 50

OMG I am so super excited about this!!!

best-thing-ever.jpg.gif

Seriously, the setting of this is filling me with all the happies.

• Endurance Feat - Run/walk drills from Zombies, Run 5K training 2x/week
  • Strength Feat - OHP 1x50+ lb (right now I'm at 47.5lb)

• Speed Feat - Hold tripod stand for 10 seconds

• Combat Feat - Go on a *good* hike with some significant elevation gains.

• Healing Feat - Meditate 6x/week

My character doesn't really have much of a back story that I'm using for NF.  I have a D&D character that has one hell of a back story that I considered using for a second, but she's definitely not a timelady nor a ranger.  Sooooo I'm gonna just go with I was working with CERN when they broke reality (I'm a physicist IRL so this thought makes me kinda happy in a twisted way), and my brain got all flooded with too much information from the tear in space so I don't remember anything about my past.  But now I have mysterious timelady powers that I am only beginning to understand (*queue cliff hanger-esque music*)

I think that works for the most part...

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Race: Elf

Endurance Feat - 5k run

Strength Feat - 5 real push ups

Speed Feat - 10 sprint intervals

Combat Feat - Daily practice of a new yoga pose (will depend which week of the challenge this is)

Healing Feat - Buy a fruit or vegetable that I don't usually get to eat in my regular diet

Bring on the challenge :)

Challenge 3 | Challenge 2 | Challenge 1

L3 Elf: | 0 STR | 1.6 DEX | 7.4 STA | 6.8 WIS | 8.6 CON | 3.8 CHA |

Overall Weight Loss Goal:

33.3%
33.3%

SW: 153lb CW: 142lb  GW: 120lb

I have no idea how I missed this challenge until now, but I'm damn excited to find my way here.

Name: Rurik Blood-Eye

Race: Human Barbarian

Class: War Shaman

Feats:

• Endurance Feat: Complete Week 6, Day 1, of Couch To 5K regardless of progress through the program.

• Strength Feat: Set a Crossfit lift PR (dependent on the lifts available during that feat's week).

• Speed Feat: 7-minute Burpee AMRAP (my first attempt earlier this year was around 60).

• Combat Feat: Intense mountain bike ride through the Hills.

• Healing Feat: Spend 10 minutes practicing mindful self-awareness/meditation 3 times that week.

2065. Somewhere in the wilderness, along a ruined road.

Moving about his modest camp with the purpose that could only be found from a lifetime of survival and self-reliance, a tall man in a worn leather field coat lined with grimy sheep-wool packed his meager belongings into a stained travel pack. He made little sound going about his duty, focused on the task though with an appraising and cautious ear to the wind. Seemingly satisfied with tearing down his one-time lean-to that had sheltered his battered army surplus sleeping bag, he reached a hand into a deep pocket and curled his fingers around the next tasty portion of the wild dog he had butchered and dined on over the fire just the night before.

Shouldering his rifle, an old Kalashnikov-47 older than even the Rift Wars over half a century ago, and munching contentedly on the scrap of meat mashed between his jaws, the man glanced down through one good eye at the canine resting on its haunches nearby. A rough-and-tumble-looking beast, the wolf wore a tactical harness with pockets that were adequate to carry whatever supplies the man himself could not. “Is that jealousy or disapproval on that ugly mug, hmm?” the man huffed at the wolf.

The wolf cocked its head and licked its lips. With a reluctant sigh, the man spat his would-be meal into the palm of his fingerless glove and lowered the hand to the beast. It eagerly lapped up the remains and followed up by licking the glove cleaner than it had been in some weeks' time. “You'll have me starving in short enough passing, Garm,” he muttered to the wolf.

The man scratched his wild beard thoughtfully, and stared down the roadway he had camped just off the night prior. The roads have fallen to neglect since the events following what has come to be called the Rift over sixty years ago. CERN delved into their game of physics and fiddling with space-time too eagerly, too zealously, and in their fervor rent the pattern of reality, spiraling the world into chaos. That was in my father's father's time though, and since then things have only managed to get worse.

Now roving bands of savages and militias control much of a region's resources. Ten years ago I was drafted into such a militia. Against my will, I was taken from my home and forced into a life of war and battle. My world changed even further when, during the Battle of Munich in the years that followed the Rift, I discovered I could exhibit some measure of control over the elements of nature. My platoon of militiamen was ambushed by raiders, cut off and surrounded. They fell upon us with wild savagery, killing most of us where we stood. As I watched my comrades being cut down, a rage rose within me. My hands clenched, my vision darkened, and when I woke from the battle fury that followed, nothing remained but charred remains and smoking rubble.

Fire came to me naturally, I realized. The other elements, less so.  An old village wise man, somewhere in northern Romania, spoke to me at length of his research into the strange powers that some folk found themselves imbued with during the fallout. He named my mastery of fire 'Fury Magic' and remarked on how my rage blackouts granted me immense strength and power. But all sorts and manner of strange magical abilities manifested themselves in a chosen handful of unfortunate folks. I say 'unfortunate' because the special powers were rarely a boon, and usually meant your enslavement or outright murder from the dogmatic survivors of the time. Even now, exhibiting any unusual behavior is like to ensure your timely exile, so I keep my new-found abilities close at hand but never expose myself needlessly.

Now I am a savage wanderer, taking work as a mercenary wherever I can, working for meals, supplies, and a roof over my head if even for only one night. Work is scarce though, especially given my present circumstances. My ruined eye, slashed open by a knife during one campaign too many, all but glows with inner fire now, earning me my unfortunate nom de guerre. Now I cover it with a leather patch, but the combination of my savage appearance and the presence of my companion wolf, all but denies assistance from all but the most eager or unfortunate of benefactors.

“Come, Garm,” the man grunts, glancing at the dark clouds overhead. “We're heading for the next town, and hopefully a roof over our heads before that acid rain falls. Even if it's just barn for the night.” Glancing down at his hands, containing the small device he had discovered in the wastes of Germany during his militia days during the wars, Rurik Blood-Eye carefully pressed a grimy finger against the ancient music player and released a pleasant sigh as the music began to play on his most carefully guarded possession, an iPod media player.

His mind at ease once again, man and beast began the arduous match into the mountains.

lonewanderer.jpg

• Like 6

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

AH YES! SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

I just saw the new Mad Max yesterday!!

So so good. I mean just LOOK at that face...... sorry what were we talking about..?

mad-max-fury-road-tom-hardy-charlize-the

Name: Phoenix

Race: Wild Elf

Class: Rogue Ranger

• Endurance Feat - Core Survival: Plank for 45 sec
  • Strength Feat - Kick Start: Leg press 54kg
  • Speed Feat - Ride Or Die: Cycle 10km in under 30 mins
  • Combat Feat - Stealth Mode: Hold Tree Pose for 60 sec
  • Healing Feat - The Sly Tongue: Speak five Spanish phrases a day

I'm used to this heat now. I don't even think about it. Occasionally, I might find myself daydreaming about the lush forests from years ago but those days are done now. No point dwelling on the past.

I lean against my motorcycle, pretending to relax but all the while listening intently on the conversations around me, waiting to hear of the next exploration plan. A see a small group starting to form nearby. An odd bunch. I swear one has the familiar glow of magic around her. Intrigued, I move around my bike to get a closer listen. Not much is happening yet... it seems the leader has yet to arrive. Hmmm... This could be worthwhile... my chance to leave this damned place...

d0532c18e8bd8f0c0f76e49fa42693ea.jpg

• Like 6

Current Challenge: The Phoenix Rises

Last Challenges: Until Lambs Become Lions, The First Avenger

Level 2 Ranger

STR - Physical Strength - 4

DEX - Agility and Speed - 2

STA - Endurance and Energy - 3

CON - Ability to Resist Damage and Disease 3

WIS - Intuition and Sense - 4

CHA - Personality and Physical Attractiveness - 4

Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy...?

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%

...my brain got all flooded with too much information from the tear in space so I don't remember anything about my past.  But now I have mysterious timelady powers that I am only beginning to understand (*queue cliff hanger-esque music*)..

I love this! (So much so that I may have included you in my story... ^^) :P

• Like 5

Level 2 Ranger

Is there a word for total screaming genius that sounds modest and a tiny bit sexy...?

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%

I have no idea how I missed this challenge until now, but I'm damn excited to find my way here.

• Speed Feat: 7-minute Burpee AMRAP (my first attempt earlier this year was around 60).

Seems like you've also missed this which is bound to have you interested. Due to Endor's encounter with Optimus Prime, it's been pushed down the line, perhaps end of June or even later

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

THIS looks like it's way fun. Count me in!

Name: Harihead

• Endurance Feat: 17-mile bike ride.

• Strength Feat: 5 strict pushups.

• Speed Feat: 20 laps in 15 minutes.

• Combat Feat: Tai Chi kick routine at half speed. 

• Healing Feat: 15 minutes meditation.

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

Seems like you've also missed this which is bound to have you interested. Due to Endor's encounter with Optimus Prime, it's been pushed down the line, perhaps end of June or even later

Yikes. Competition... well, if it works out, I'll definitely be there.  What the hell, right?

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

THIS MINI CHALLENGE IS SO COOOOOOOOL~  *flails arms in excitement* I love the post-apoc + magic combination.

//* disclaimer: sorry about the long back story. I've been mulling over this for several days and I may have gotten a little over-excited ^_^

Name: Shadri

Race: Dragon-human hybrid

Feats:

• Endurance Feat - Go jogging for 30 minutes

• Strength Feat - 30 pushups

• Speed Feat - Jump-rope sprint for 5 minutes in one-minute intervals

• Combat Feat - 30 minutes of moderate to intense yoga practice

• Healing Feat - Set 30 minutes aside for dedicated prayer and Bible study

Shadri woke out of her deep sleep. Sunlight was filtering through the rocks above her head.

She couldn't remember much from before, besides her name. Bits and pieces came back to her, usually in dreams. She had loved to be outside, and her favorite food was chocolate, though of course she couldn't remember what exactly that was. She could still picture the trees, sometimes. In very rare dreams, she could smell them - sap and musty leaves and rain. She could feel the cool green shade. She could taste the chocolate she kept in her pocket whenever she went out into the mountains.

Though she couldn't remember anything else about who she used to be, she still wandered the forest - or what had been the forest, in that time in her dreams. Now it was just a field of dust and rocks, stretching away to the mountains. But she still tended to the land. It's not like she could go anywhere else, anyway. Most people tended to kill magic people on sight, and she had long since learned to make herself scarce.

She exited her rock shelter and rubbed her back against one of the stones, savoring the scratching between her green-gold scales, finding those hard-to-reach spots on her wings with a satisfied sigh. But something else caught her attention, and she froze when she realized that it was gravel crunching. The sound had been masked by the scraping stone between her shoulders. It was coming from behind her. There were a lot of people, moving fast. How did they find her?!

Before she could move, her arms were grabbed and pinned behind her, tied behind her, trapping her wings, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't break loose. Too many hands too much rope too much panic too much noise. She was forced to her knees.

The people who had captured her circled around into her line of sight, and she bared her pointed teeth and snarled. Her pupils were narrow slits now, and her breath hissed between her teeth as she struggled not to panic.

"What do you want wiss me?" she hissed, her voice ragged with fear.

"We don't want to hurt you, first of all," one of them, a man, their leader, said. "So you can stop struggling. We will not try to kill you. In fact, a few of us were affected by the magic as well. We know what it is to be shunned, to be hunted."

Shadri lessened her struggle, but not her fury. "What do you want wiss me?" she asked again, allowing a deep, rumbling growl to enter her voice, just enough to make the people closest to her shift uncomfortably.

The leader-man stepped forward and knelt so they were on eye level with each other. "We need your help. There are monsters out there. It's up to us to fight them off, and we need all the help we can get." He moved closer to her, drawing a knife, and she tensed, baring her teeth again; but he merely sliced through her bonds and smoothly sheathed the weapon once more. "So," he said, backing up to a more comfortable distance, weaponless hands in the air and a smile on his face, "what do you say?"

• Like 8

Sounds fun.  I'm in!

Class:  Modern Knight

Endurance Feat - 2 min plank

Strength Feat - Deadlift 280 lb. once

Speed Feat - Sprint the length of the block in 30 seconds

Combat Feat - Win 5 bouts of boffer combat

Healing Feat - Drink 4 cups of green tea in a day. 

Little background on my character:  After the world went to hell, the reenactors were one of the groups of people who survived due to their medieval skill set.  They set up their own communities based on medieval society and taught their children accordingly.  The strongest and bravest were dubbed knight and tasked with defending their respective communities. 

• Like 3

Sir Thalianost, Level 9 Human Knight (Training as a Warrior)

STR - 24.6 | DEX - 4.1 | STA - 1.7 | CON - 15.4 | WIS - 3.2 | CHA - 4.1

Those who live by the sword die by the sword... and wouldn't want it any other way.

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th

Current Challenge:

Thalianost Branches Out

Hey, DarK_RaiderR, do you have an idea of when you'll be starting this?

Not to hassle, just curious. :pirate:

• Like 1

Xena kept walking down the dusty road, not sure where she was headed, most likely into trouble. The world was full of trouble these days, although she brought enough of it from time to time. She felt the familiar tingle along her right arm. Light numbness, then twitching, more intensely on the right side, but also the beginning of a tremor in her sword arm. She swore under her breath. For some the shakes brought magical abilities, but she hadn't seen any yet.

Sounds like I'm not the only one getting twitchy waiting for the challenge to start...

• Like 5

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hey, DarK_RaiderR, do you have an idea of when you'll be starting this?

Not to hassle, just curious. :pirate:

Next week, along with the challenge. I have an intro post ready to sate your appetite before it kicks off, but I'm trying to get Spark involved as well. He's the author, it's his world after all :D

• Like 6

Lvl 58 Multitasker

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK SO MUCH EXCITEMENT!!!!

I mean.... yeah.. cool man... like whenever... and stuff....

• Like 4

Level 2 Ranger

Lose 10kg

57%
57%

Lose 5 inches (waist)

30%
30%

Next week, along with the challenge. I have an intro post ready to sate your appetite before it kicks off, but I'm trying to get Spark involved as well. He's the author, it's his world after all :D

evil-plotting-raccoon-9712.jpg

• Like 3

Ooh, ooh, me too, I'm twitchy..............

In a war-ravaged world, little luxuries were few and far between.  Take birds, for example.  How many times have you taken for granted the merry chirping of finches, set as a background noise for everyday life?  Or the smooth shadow of a sparrow in flight passing over the ground at your feet?  The world had fallen just a little bit quieter since the destruction, and a little bit... different.

But, like every species, some were hardy and intelligent enough to survive.

A lone crow perched atop a pile of rubble, motionless save for the duststorms that ruffled its feathers now and again.  There looked to have once been a small town here, perhaps a Main Street at one time, but now just reduced to archaic piles of bricks, steel beams, and memories.  The world had been ravaged in ways none thought possible, brutal and quick, leaving the survivors drunk with shock and confusion, trying to piece together a new normal in the upheaval of their lives.

The crow tilted its head, large beady eye surveying the horizon as the hot sun beat down on ebon feathers, raising its beak briefly to let out a grating squawk that echoed faintly in its barren surroundings.  It was big, which in and of itself was strange in this mangy environment, and seemed clean and well-kept.  It seemed to be taking careful note of its surroundings, even listening, and sure enough moments later feathers ruffled and the bird alighted from the rubble pile, swooping with graceful intent amidst broken buildings into a shadowy alcove.  Where corvidae entered moments later man exited, keeping to the shadows just enough to conceal his cloaked appearance, but surveying the scene before him with mild interest.

I wonder if the rumors are true...

Minh had always been gifted with shapeshifting abilities.  It was his lot in life.  He'd heard of others since the incident, and as was natural with him, curiosity got the better of an idle mind.  Besides, time was money, especially if rare goods were on the line, and lately he'd had a heck of a lot of time on his hands...

A thick plume of smoke on the horizon signaled life, and platinum eyes glinted with interest as a small smirk lit his face.  Man to shadows to bird once more, and the crow took off leisurely towards the fire, eager to observe the situation disguised and unsuspected.

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65