Ranger Optional Mini-challenge: The first expedition

You're all quite mad and I love you. I'll be back with my info.

/placemarker for my character

Name: Spark

Race: Half-Bear

Class: Woodcutter. Heh.

---

He arrived toward dusk, trudging through the dust accompanied by the regular clang of metal on metal. His pack was heavy, and he carried it with the gait of a man who'd carried weight for a long time. Finally, though, he was there, and he had made it before darkness fell. Everyone knew that the really bad things came out at night; now was the time for patrols and guards, not a campfire in the wilderness.

Rangers, they called themselves. Good name, if his memory of American history before CERN was holding up. The scouts had told him about them, and he'd come to see what they were up to. Maybe they'd be useful allies. Maybe they could just be a good place to stay while he looked around for the next thing. Either way, they represented something that he hadn't had in a while: a place to be around others who thought the same way that he did.

He settled his pack near a campfire and piled his things next to it. One source of the clangs was the massive cast-iron skillet on one side of the pack. Another was the kettlebell that hung from the bottom. An axe joined the iron; it looked sharp and well-used, probably against more than just trees.

"So," he said. "I hear you Rangers appreciate some good food and someone who can swing an axe. Got room?"

---

Endurance Challenge: 100 KB swings.

Strength Challenge: Add one extra set to all my exercises next time I work out.

Speed Challenge: Walk a mile without stopping, then do my shoulder stretches.

Combat Challenge: Chop down a tree with mah axe.

Healing Challenge: Cook myself a full meal in my skillet, one that conforms to Whole30.

<3

• Like 7

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Watch out for the rabbits.

You don't want to anger the rabbits.

@.@

• Like 1

This is gonna be awesome! :)

Here goes...

Race: human

Class: ????

Endurance: bike 50 km (over the week) or swim 250 meters without stopping in one session (depends on where I am and what I have access to since I'll be on vacation the first week of the challenge).

Strength: do 3 real/full push-ups in a row.

Speed: work on my juggling skills 20 min.each day of the challenge week. My goal is to be able to do a 3-ball shower, but I don't know if that will happen within a week.

Combat: get fitted for a bow and spend some time at the local indoor archery range (every ranger needs to know how to use a bow!) :)

Healing: create a large artwork, painting, sculpture, whatever. Something that feels art museum-ish.

Can't wait to see how this unfolds!

• Like 1

You just thought it was a cute little bunny...

Watch out for the rabbits.

You don't want to anger the rabbits.

@.@

That rabbit is DYNAMITE!!!

* bounce * bounce * bounce *

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

Spark, what's the name of your book(s)? I'd like to check them out.

My character lives in a mash up of Thundarr the Barbarian and Fallout 2; I could use better source material.

It's called The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle (available online at a bunch of places), and I started it as a sort of a magical, post-apoc dungeon crawl. Things quickly got weird from there.

• Like 4

Oh, it's been BOUGHTEN

(sorry, I can't even remember the name of the cheerleader movie that pun came from.)

• Like 4

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Oh, it's been BOUGHTEN

(sorry, I can't even remember the name of the cheerleader movie that pun came from.)

I think it was one of the Not Another Teen Movie-esque movies.  I very clearly remember that phrase from the previews for it, and now it's kind of stuck in my head. Nooooooo

• Like 2

The world has ended, at least the one we remember. I'm located in what used to be Southern California and I need to get the hell out of here before summer. I was in a group, we had a good place for a while but we were too comfortable and let our guard down, our home was taken. I think I have about 6 weeks before the summer really closes in and it's too hot. I'm going north and hope for cooler weather. 

Endurance: One H.I.I.T. class, no stopping before the break. 

Strength: I'm 35 lbs away from a pull up, I want that down to 25 lbs. 

Speed: I'm not sure how to incorporate this.......I will go for a run this week, maybe on a rest day and discover my current mile time. 

Combat: Go to a yoga class before H.I.I.T. next week

Healing: turn off my phone an hour before bed and read a damn book. 

Also, no cheat day. No beer. 

This is my first challenge. I'm happy to be here. 

Name: CrackerWatson

Race: Human

Feats

Endurance - 1Hr Cycle
Strength - 10 Clean Press ups
Speed - AMRAP Burpees 3min (this will be my current PR)
Combat - 100 x 16kg Kettlebell swings (with a 30sec rest if needed, but aiming for not needing)
Healing - 30min swim

CrackerWatson sat against a wall away from the rest of the group, a man more comfortable sitting and reading than being active and it showed on his physique. He had been watching the comings and goings, he saw people that had been training years for a mission like this, others who were new. looking at them all he felt slightly intimidated, but he knew this wasn't going to be about all of these others, it was about what he could achieve and what was going to make him a better man. He only had to prove it to himself, but he really hoped he wouldn't let the others down...only time would tell.
  • Like 2

Level 6 - Human - (North of the wall) Wyldling/Celt - Ranger/Assassin.

Epic quest I Battle Log I Accountabilibuddies 3 5 I Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5

(STR) - 4 (DEX) - 1 (STA) - 3 (CON) - 6 (WIS) - 4 (CHA) - 2

"Spartans! Prepare for glory!" - King Leonidas

Pinterest I instagram I Goodreads 

It's called The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle (available online at a bunch of places), and I started it as a sort of a magical, post-apoc dungeon crawl. Things quickly got weird from there.

Oh, I knew that. I ordered it, It looks like it'll make a good road trip book.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

These 'Rangers' seem like good people; it'll be good to know that someone has my back again after all of these years. But I'm anxious, I'm anxious to see if I'll measure up to their expectations, but mostly I'm just anxious to get started on this mission. I've stared at the campfire long enough. I've packed and repacked my gear, sharpened my knife, even had a hot breakfast.  I'm ready.

• Like 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Shadri shuffled behind the leader of the small party into the center of the camp. She could feel everyone's eyes on her, and though leader-man had said no-one would hurt her, she had her doubts.

He led her inside the largest building and gestured down a hallway. "These are the women's barracks," he said. "You can find a bed there. Though it looks like we made it back in time for the mission after all, so you may not need it just yet." He paused, lightly touching her chin to turn her face towards his. "You don't have to be scared, Shadri. No one is hunting anyone here. We aren't like the other communities. You can rest easy. We'll take care of you.

"Now, do you remember the briefing I gave you on the way here?"

Shadri nodded, a small amount of her tension eased.

"Good. Looks like we're gonna head out soon."

• Like 1

Name: Honeybadger

Race: Human

Class: Padawan

Feats

Endurance: Run further than I ever have before. Any distance over 4 miles will qualify.

Speed: Run faster than I have before. Run 1 mile in 10.30 or under.

Strength: Add 2 exercises to my BW routine for the week.

Combat: Work on increasing # of consecutive double-unders.

Healing: Get a pedicure

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

OK, I'm finally on the board.  

Name:LadyShello

Race: hengeyokai

Class: Assassin

Endurance: Add an extra 5K for the week; either a separate run or tack on a mile to each run (or some combination)

Strength: 50 pushups with no more than 1 min rest between sets

Speed: Reduce current 7 day average 5K time by 1 minute

Combat: 2 minute burpee AMRAP

Healing: Foam Roller torture or House cleaning - depending on schedule and time at gym

Don't let the title confuse you, this Lady can take down a rival house without being detected.  How do you think she got the title in the first place?

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Whoo hoo! 10k endurance feat here I come! 

• Like 1

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Well that's one way to jump back into the routine.  I skipped all my running and walking this past week due to company and I knew I needed to get back to the routine.  Now I'll just have to get 4 runs in this week.  Hoo Rah!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Looks like I'll be working a long run into my schedule this week. Yay!!!

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers