Pistol rolls are tons of fun. HIIT 4-5x a week is pretty damn beast too, even if you aren't sprinting like you wanted to. Excellent rings video -- though I think the top you are wearing is what really makes it. SO GREEN! Love it. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Finally caught up with you :) Good to hear the handstands are going well - If you're already getting 5-second freestanding handstands then you're catching up with me, and I did a lot of work on this last year. I wouldn't be surprised, as you're much more of a natural at this sort of thing. For me the balance is the hardest part, and wall practice has helped.

For the rings - I see that you are doing some dips to L-sit. Your dips only have a short range of motion - one possibility is to extend the RoM to at least 95% of what's possible. This helped me get ring muscle-ups.

For the tucked shoulder stand - do you feel stable in the inverted position in your video? I would like to try it but fear that is a precarious position...

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Well at least update occasionally so I can see how you are doing! That pistol roll progression looks like great fun, I tried it too but it is very hard to actually roll up to balance on your foot like you are doing. :tongue: I'm not going to try anymore right now it's blisteringly hot in my apartment. Loved the front squats too! :)

I'll do it for you Lilith :playful:!

Pistol rolls are tons of fun. HIIT 4-5x a week is pretty damn beast too, even if you aren't sprinting like you wanted to. Excellent rings video -- though I think the top you are wearing is what really makes it. SO GREEN! Love it. 

Haha it really is very green! :rapture:  :rapture:

Finally caught up with you :) Good to hear the handstands are going well - If you're already getting 5-second freestanding handstands then you're catching up with me, and I did a lot of work on this last year. I wouldn't be surprised, as you're much more of a natural at this sort of thing. For me the balance is the hardest part, and wall practice has helped.

For the rings - I see that you are doing some dips to L-sit. Your dips only have a short range of motion - one possibility is to extend the RoM to at least 95% of what's possible. This helped me get ring muscle-ups.

For the tucked shoulder stand - do you feel stable in the inverted position in your video? I would like to try it but fear that is a precarious position...

Thanks! I still fear the freestanding unfortunately, but it's getting better! It's completely illogical that I don't fear shoulder stands on rings at all, but handstands scare me to bits :neglected:.. 

I know about the dip ROM, I've struggled to go deeper in the past but my shoulder mobility has improved greatly, I do very deep dips now :peaceful:.

Also, don't be that guy to blame genetics and whatnot. I could give you 500 reasons/excuses I'm not in any way "natural" for handstands or hand-balancing, but it doesn't matter because I don't let that define me, I'm going to be fucking great at hand-balancing, that's all that matters. You should try a similar mindset, I'm no less "natural" for this than you (or any other).

Level: 3 - Assassin || STR: 4 | DEX: 9 | STA: 0 | CON: 7 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 9

Current Challenge

Previous Challenge - The Verdict

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.†- Friedrich Nietzsche 

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Samuel Johnson

Also, don't be that guy to blame genetics and whatnot. I could give you 500 reasons/excuses I'm not in any way "natural" for handstands or hand-balancing, but it doesn't matter because I don't let that define me, I'm going to be fucking great at hand-balancing, that's all that matters. You should try a similar mindset, I'm no less "natural" for this than you (or any other).

Well said, and I agree. I wasn't refering to genetics, but to the fact that I only started gymnastics  etc. 2 years ago and can't learn physical things fast like a child anymore unfortunately. However your point still applies :)

While it can be effective to have a bullish attitude during training (e.g. thinking you're awesome and invincible) it is helpful to have a more realistic attitude when reviewing and planning.

So when I discovered that I couldn't just do flips super easy like some people seem to, I accepted that it was because I was 22 and there wasn't much crossover from high jump, but I can go into my training sessions confident that I can train as hard and as smart as possible.

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Well said, and I agree. I wasn't refering to genetics, but to the fact that I only started gymnastics  etc. 2 years ago and can't learn physical things fast like a child anymore unfortunately. However your point still applies :)

While it can be effective to have a bullish attitude during training (e.g. thinking you're awesome and invincible) it is helpful to have a more realistic attitude when reviewing and planning.

So when I discovered that I couldn't just do flips super easy like some people seem to, I accepted that it was because I was 22 and there wasn't much crossover from high jump, but I can go into my training sessions confident that I can train as hard and as smart as possible.

Well, I hate to defend myself here, I do it only to prove my point. 

2 years ago I was a fat fuck (100kg pure fat) playing video-games 14 hours a day, no physical activities whatsoever. As a child I was active in table-tennis, but never anything that required strength, flexibility or motor control. 

I certainly struggle more with feeling invincible than being realistic, and I agree there needs to be a balance between them at all times. BUT, there is nothing unrealistic about thinking you can learn pretty much anything at the relatively low age as you and me, no reason.

Of course, there are HUGE benefits from doing something as a child. My cousin for example practiced gymnastic as a child, he haven't been exercising at all for like 8 years, but he still does backflips, handstands etc like it's nothing.

Because it's harder for us is in no way a valid excuse. You shouldn't take pride in "accepting" that it's harder for you, that's no less than an excuse, even if it happens to be true. If you can't or haven't got a certain skill/move, it's because your training is off in some way, nothing else.

:peaceful:

Current Challenge

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.†- Friedrich Nietzsche 

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man" - Samuel Johnson

So how have you been doing? Don't disappear on me! :)

HIHI! I'm sorry Lilith :numbness:.

I'm still going strong (surprise huh :playful:). I log a ton on GMBs forum (Alpha Posse) that's why I don't update here a lot.. I also came to realize I shouldn't be as strict on my goal-setting as I have been. I mean, it doesn't really matter if I reach a goal a week (or even a month) later (or earlier).

I'm still working towards the goals in this thread, but I lowered the expectations on myself a lot and I'm focusing on enjoying the process more! I'm improving and enjoying everything, regardless if I get these goals this week or in 3 weeks :peaceful:

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Ah I see! Well good thing you're still working hard! Kind of thought you would be posting more on the Alpha Posse, I knew you were a member there! :) 

The process is always the best part! I assumed you were still killin' it out there, but glad to hear the affirmation. :)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1