[DarK_RaideR] Permabeast

sorry i've missed out on your venting and the opportunity to help. i'm glad that you've made it back to the DR i know, and that you're amped, primed, and ready for this challenge. fuck that douchnozzle. give him a foot to the face

dVep0nl.gif

• Like 4

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Monday, June 8th. Day 1, Week 1

Let's Rock and Roll!

Kick%20butt%20and%20smile.jpg

First, the short version

Quest 1: Feed the Beast: Success. See Battle Log for details

Quest 2: Beast of Burden: First visit to the box for the week

Quest 3: Keep the Beast in check: 15 minutes of meditation completed just now

Life Quest: Educated Beast: After posting this, moving to bed and starting the book

Noteworthy details

Nutrition

- Got offered a treat for someone's name day at the office, a wafer dipped in chocolate from the finest shop around. Kept it around just for funsies, instead of immediately removing the temptation. Eventually got a chance to offer it to someone, but they denied politely. As a result, it ended up in the garbage.

- Stomach started complaining when I left the office, to the point of potentially sabotaging the workout. Avoided picks from the cantina at work, visited a supermarket near the box instead. Best thing I could come up with and still stick with my challenge was some low fat milk and raw almonds. Fingers crossed with those half an hour before training, but fortunately they did the trick without causing any problems.

Workouts (Details in the Battle Log, link above)

-Back to back training sessions. Started with an Olympic Weightlifting class doing Snatches. I thought my PR was at 40kg and felt happy pushing it to 42,5 then 45, but when I came back home I realized 45kg was my PR all along. Still, it was nice climbing back to that point.

- I can still do Double Unders between singles and still keep going. I'll get back to where I was. Soon

- So disappointed with the workout results. At first I thought I couldn't deal with it, but eventually I had a decent shot. Fell only 10 reps short. I blame the time it took to walk from the box entrance to my barbell in the back. Those 4-5 seconds, times 5 rounds, is totally the time I needed to pump out those extra reps. Bummer

Meditation

- I think Calm.com isn't cutting it for me. I don't need to be calm. I need the more introspective version that Headspace provided. I'll try tomorrow with lesson 10 of the free 10-day starter program. If that works, I'll go at it for a few days more. Might even consider subscribing if it takes me where I want to go

Book

- Just by writing stories for all the RPG threads I'm in has me both excited and drained for the day. It's been a wonderful creative output and mind you, many more are being planned as I type these lines.

- Off to bed, reading my book until I feel to sleepy for it

• Like 5

Lvl 58 Multitasker

- So disappointed with the workout results. At first I thought I couldn't deal with it, but eventually I had a decent shot. Fell only 10 reps short. I blame the time it took to walk from the box entrance to my barbell in the back. Those 4-5 seconds, times 5 rounds, is totally the time I needed to pump out those extra reps. Bummer

So why weren't you sprinting princess?! My coach tells me off for this repeatedly, I'm guilty too, you gotta run between stations for the best time ;).

• Like 3

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

So why weren't you sprinting princess?! My coach tells me off for this repeatedly, I'm guilty too, you gotta run between stations for the best time ;).

Honestly? Because I doubted myself initially. When I first saw the workout on the board, I thought I'm not gonna clear it, so I might as well push for as far as I can get. Somewhere in the middle I checked the time and realized I was keeping up a good pace that allowed me to make it to the finish line. There was still fuel in the tank. I sprinted the last round of 400m like it was the first one. Ultimately, the time had been lost already.

• Like 2

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Honestly? Because I doubted myself initially. When I first saw the workout on the board, I thought I'm not gonna clear it, so I might as well push for as far as I can get. Somewhere in the middle I checked the time and realized I was keeping up a good pace that allowed me to make it to the finish line. There was still fuel in the tank. I sprinted the last round of 400m like it was the first one. Ultimately, the time had been lost already.

This is a totally normal reaction on some days and I fully understand (also do this!). However, cherry picking WOD's is an easy trap to fall into, don't let ego get in your way of attacking your weaknesses. Easier said than done for sure but remember, it's You vs You. You will actually get a more lasting satisfaction from crushing a WOD you thought you were going to be shit at than coming first in one you already know you can beat everyone in.

Having said all that, timing some WOD's is really hard the first time you do them. You get to the end and think damn it now I know how to pace that I could have done so much better!

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I don't do crossfit, but I get this to in workouts sometimes, especially when it comes to an exercise I'm bad at, I convince myself I can't do it so I don't

• Like 3

Time capped workouts can push you but I don't think worrying about getting timed cap is a big deal.

If you look at regionals some of the athletes there got time capped. I think if a workout is programmed well people shouldn't be flying through it. For instance if its a 14 minute time cap the average should be around 10 minutes. 

But if you are honest with yourself and push yourself hard the entire time, I personally think that means you got a better workout. For instance let say you and I do a time cap workout. Lets say running and 20 wall balls for like 5 rounds. (My two least favorite things). Lets say prescribed is 20lb and 500m. While I hate both they are your best movements and doing them prescribed is easy. So you finish it in half the time with little to no difficulty while I get capped but I have been working my ass off the whole time. Who got the better workout?

So in my humble opinion you still kicked ass, don't let it get you down. Besides it was only a few reps.

• Like 5

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I see your point, cn3wton. It's not about who got the better or most effective workout, it's about whether I could complete it or not. It's reaching that final minutes and going "Ugh, I totally had this, why do I keep selling myself short?" kind of vibe. And speaking of doing a workout together, I'd say that when we first met each other on NF, I felt like I could easily destroy you in such a scenario, whereas today... it would be a great challenge (stop selling myself short, remember?)

So during the Bye Weeks, I decided I won't be tracking my weight for this challenge. It is summer, water consumption is going all the way up which in turn causes measurements to be false and fluctuate wildly. However, now that I'm at a good spot in terms of weight and aesthetics, I am thinking of eventually bulking up, so it's no surprise I read Steve's latest blog post and ended up reading his Beginner Guide to getting bigger which might have told me stuff I already knew, but it's always useful to refresh and refine one's knowledge. Combining the two, it all clicked together:

Now that it's summer and the dad beach bod is all the craze, I'll stay on my maintenance/minor cutting zone for teh lookz, plus I can't eat large quantities or heavy stuff in all the heat anyway. Bulking's gonna come about along with winter (brace yourselves). In the cold, with less flesh revealed and lower temperatures that allow both the proper food consumption and training. Meanwhile, since my nutrition challenge currently is just about eating natural stuff and I've already identified a problem in the lunch-to-evening timegap, I can bridge the gap until bulking season by gradually increasing my meal sizes with extra meat a.k.a. protein. Two birds with one stone. Makes me wonder how many birds you can get with one rock instead

therock_2.jpg?itok=hZkrTUgJ

• Like 6

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Makes me wonder how many birds you can get with one rock instead

rock-bird.jpg

• Like 8

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Tuesday, June 9th. Day 2, Week 1

Where our hero pulls off a spectacular last minute save

Better%20late%20than%20never.jpg

Quest 1: Feed the Beast: Success

Quest 2: Beast of Burden: Yoga workout at home, 45min.

Quest 3: Keep the Beast in check: 10 minutes of meditation completed

Life Quest: Educated Beast: 50/1000 pages read

Noteworthy details

Nutrition

- I got a bad case of the hungries again this evening. Not sure if it's a carb withdrawal thing or if I'm just not eating enough. Maybe it's because I'm sitting all day and by that time I'm bored. Whatever is the cause, I need to fix it, fast. It's affecting my mood, my energy levels and most important, my will to train.

- Got some supplies, intending to make a meatzza and cut it into bars, to have as snack. Not a big fan of cheese, but it's necessary for everything to stick together. How about a bacon weave instead? Nope, that gets curly when cooked and the fat goes watery and drains away. That's when it hit me and I turned the concept inside out, coming up with the Protein Pipe Bombs! Had one for dinner, kept me full for a long while and felt a bit heavy at first. I'll try having that for lunch tomorrow and keeping the chicken as my pre-workout, see how that plays out.

Workouts

- Like I said, the hunger and low energy affects my will to train and threatens to seriously undermine my performance if I do so. Today I succumbed and skipped, but only after promising myself that I'd do something at home to make up for it. Ended up doing 45' of yoga. Switching poses is much faster now that I remember the sequence and don't have to look up everything all the time

Meditation

- Tried Headspace again. It's what suits me, although I feel I've gone a bit behind from where I was. Re-starting the 10 day journey tomorrow

Book

- No progress made today. It's a bit after 1 a.m. as I type this and lately I've been missing a bit on my sleep, trying to fit everything into my day. Off to rest, I need a good night's sleep for improved performance and muscle restoration!

• Like 5

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Tuesday, June 9th. Day 2, Week 1

Where our hero pulls off a spectacular last minute save

Better%20late%20than%20never.jpg

Quest 1: Feed the Beast: Success

Quest 2: Beast of Burden: Yoga workout at home, 45min.

Quest 3: Keep the Beast in check: 10 minutes of meditation completed

Life Quest: Educated Beast: 50/1000 pages read

Noteworthy details

Nutrition

- I got a bad case of the hungries again this evening. Not sure if it's a carb withdrawal thing or if I'm just not eating enough. Maybe it's because I'm sitting all day and by that time I'm bored. Whatever is the cause, I need to fix it, fast. It's affecting my mood, my energy levels and most important, my will to train.

- Got some supplies, intending to make a meatzza and cut it into bars, to have as snack. Not a big fan of cheese, but it's necessary for everything to stick together. How about a bacon weave instead? Nope, that gets curly when cooked and the fat goes watery and drains away. That's when it hit me and I turned the concept inside out, coming up with the Protein Pipe Bombs! Had one for dinner, kept me full for a long while and felt a bit heavy at first. I'll try having that for lunch tomorrow and keeping the chicken as my pre-workout, see how that plays out.

Workouts

- Like I said, the hunger and low energy affects my will to train and threatens to seriously undermine my performance if I do so. Today I succumbed and skipped, but only after promising myself that I'd do something at home to make up for it. Ended up doing 45' of yoga. Switching poses is much faster now that I remember the sequence and don't have to look up everything all the time

Meditation

- Tried Headspace again. It's what suits me, although I feel I've gone a bit behind from where I was. Re-starting the 10 day journey tomorrow

Book

- No progress made today. It's a bit after 1 a.m. as I type this and lately I've been missing a bit on my sleep, trying to fit everything into my day. Off to rest, I need a good night's sleep for improved performance and muscle restoration!

i totally want one of those protein pipe bombs man.... they look sooooooo damn tasty

• Like 2

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Nutrition

Mood related is usually carb related for me, that's a good guess. How many grams of carbs are you eating per day?

Also, when's the last time you took a rest week? You need one eventually man otherwise you'll fry your nervous system. There are tests for it like the pencil test but what you're starting to describe is sounding a bit like the beginnings of over training to me. Maybe it's time for a few rest days or half weights.

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Mood related is usually carb related for me, that's a good guess. How many grams of carbs are you eating per day?

Also, when's the last time you took a rest week? You need one eventually man otherwise you'll fry your nervous system. There are tests for it like the pencil test but what you're starting to describe is sounding a bit like the beginnings of over training to me. Maybe it's time for a few rest days or half weights.

when i cut carbs i'm usually a bit irritable as well. i'd say that's what it is

fbe663a700e043a73c599955af3ded74.jpg

• Like 5

Beast is the best.

And, Beast Mode is your mode!

gallery_17054_1166_17134.jpg

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

i totally want one of those protein pipe bombs man.... they look sooooooo damn tasty

Guess what

They are B)

I gotta get back to yoga. Thanks for reminding me!

Doooooo eeeeeeeeet!

I would like to taste one...but I admit they seem intimidating. Eating one would be a days worth (or two) of calories for me but would definitely not leave you hungry. WOW!

Honestly, they're not that heavy. After a couple of hours, I feel like ready to train without any weight on my stomach. Depends on ingredients, such as how heavy a sausage you'll use, the spices added to the ground beef and how fatty the bacon is. Now, if you wanna add some melted cheese or glaze or sauce to the whole concept or serve it with something on the side, yeap, that would be heavy and loaded with calories.

Actually, I was thinking yesterday that my carbs are very low, if I haven't switched to a purely proteinic diet :P Breakfast is eggs and sausage, while lunch by now has one or two spoonfuls of mashed carrot, as does dinner.

It's probably simpler than overtraining, like I said in the last post, lately I've been missing an hour or two of sleep trying to fit in everything into my day, so it's probably that, gradually piling up. When it comes to my training schedule, I may train almost every day but I don't feel like it's at my limit. It's like I'm not reaching that level of intensity, you know? I'd say it's more of a steady medium pace thing spread across the week.

P.S. Your call outs and wisdom are always appreciated

Beast is the best.

And, Beast Mode is your mode!

Yes and yes. All the yes

I forgot to take out breakfast from the freezer, so I had another Protein Pipe Bomb for breakfast, taking the omelette with me to serve as a second lunch/pre-workout when the hungries return in the evening. Let's see how that works out...

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

Actually, I was thinking yesterday that my carbs are very low, if I haven't switched to a purely proteinic diet :tongue: Breakfast is eggs and sausage, while lunch by now has one or two spoonfuls of mashed carrot, as does dinner.

:hororr:  that's not good. 500grams of cooked carrots is 41g carbs and sounds like you're eating more like 100g or less of carrots, which is less than 10g carbs. I would be in jail for murder by now. :lol:

• Like 4

Feb-March 2022 Challenge