• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wildross

Wildross - back to competing

As part of the treatment followup for the prostate cancer, I have to have my PSA done every 3 months.  Today was the blood draw for the first one.  If Dr Wheeler did his job, it will be 0.1 or lower (down from 14+ in February).

Also finding out about a lingering pain in my left foot.  Hopefully I don't end up booted like wufkar....

Wednesday morning

total: 19950

Bike 6.min
Front Squat 10x45,135,3x5x225
Kroc row 10x75,85,95,2x10x100
Overhead extension 10x75,85,95,2x10x100

Well the last 3 days have proven that I'm resting too much and lifting too little.  Want that total closer to 25K...

no boot! no boot!

MRI scheduled for tomorrow morning.

PSA came back much about 1.3.  Which is much better than 14, but not the "less than 0.1" that the Dr said he would be "shocked" if he didn't see.  Guess he's shocked this morning...or maybe not.  Spoke to the straight shooting nurse....well, actually, for most guys, the PSA doesn't really settle down to the really low numbers for 6 or 8 months, so there's really nothing to be excited about, etc, etc.  Man I need to send her a gift card or something cause otherwise I'd have gone off the rails...

So just another marketing "statement" from the good doctor (who's losing his lead in the honest doc category).  Otherwise known as a lie.  Christartist has a very black/white personality at times.  I've picked up on that trait of recognizing a lie for a lie.  Just call it what it is.  You didn't tell me the truth as you knew it to be.  And while I know the nurses lie too, they are somewhat constrained (if they want to keep their jobs) by what their bosses the drs say.  Even Lori, for all of her straight shooting, no bs, gets silent when I say, "So, just another lie".  Particularly frustrating in this case cause Dr W thinks of himself as "a straight shooter.  I'll tell you the truth.".  And he's done so more than many, but still, what he said, is a long way from reality.

I need to check myself to make sure I'm not doing what upsets me in others.

so tl;dr.  Numbers look very typical and good.  Still tracking with the masses.

when I last competed, one of my fellow competitors was an 80+ year old blind man who could barely hear.  He had a seeing eye dog.  He wanted to bench press (he had been practicing).  So a group of us worked with the judges to get it setup so one of us could tap him for the commands, I held the leash on his dog and others lead him by the hand.  

Believe me, you will only be embarrassed in your own mind, and that will be true no matter what your total is or isn't...

The wife issue...well, can't help you much there.

This is outstanding! 

This is outstanding! 

It was great.  Christartist (who was there with her service dog of course) was very instrumental in working with him as well.

I'm glad your numbers are coming down. Sorry the straight shooting doc isn't. But glad the nurse was able to fill the gap between what the doc shouldn't have promised, and what you are, with a bit of reality. No sense in causing that feeling of panic. Sheesh. My aunt just went through a mess with some docs (surgery related, not test), and frustration peaks quickly in the medical field. Why not under-promise and over-deliver?

Anywho, glad you're recovering/recovered and headed into a qualifying meet to life with the NF team!

I'm glad your numbers are coming down. Sorry the straight shooting doc isn't. But glad the nurse was able to fill the gap between what the doc shouldn't have promised, and what you are, with a bit of reality. No sense in causing that feeling of panic. Sheesh. My aunt just went through a mess with some docs (surgery related, not test), and frustration peaks quickly in the medical field. Why not under-promise and over-deliver?

Anywho, glad you're recovering/recovered and headed into a qualifying meet to life with the NF team!

We're watching the husband of a friend go through the end stages of traditional prostate cancer treatment.  Basically, it's taking him about 6 years to die.

Hey Revolutionary, what training are you following?  Anything specific or just something you do on your own?

Good numbers too, good luck with the meet prep.  Hopefully you can hit a 365 bench, I love seeing those plate/quarter plate milestones 

Hey Revolutionary, what training are you following?  Anything specific or just something you do on your own?

Good numbers too, good luck with the meet prep.  Hopefully you can hit a 365 bench, I love seeing those plate/quarter plate milestones 

My nick is wildross.  Revolutionary is a tag that the forum adds based on how much you post.

I travel way to much to have a set program that I'm following.  In general I'm sort of doing a 5x5 type setup, with a rolling set of exercises.   As you can see, I cycle between one of the big 3 (plus front squats) and some accessory of the day.  It really depends on which gym I'm at, what equipment is available, etc.  For instance, this morning I did deadlifts and overhead press because the gym I was at has extra bars and I could do both with one rack.

In general I try to work up to heavy triples or quints for the major lift, with at least 3 sets before moving up in weight.  I know what my historical maxes are, and where I am relative to them.  I have a life time PR of 360 on the bench, but it was not competition legal and lead to an injury...so I'm not counting that.  But I think 365 is within reach for the end of July.

Friday at the NTC

Total: 21,868#

Row 10:05 min 2292 meters

All weights in kilos
Overhead press 10x20,60,4x10x80,2x10x60
Deadlift 10x70,120,1x5x160,3x3x160,5x120

Then off for an mri of my left foot.  If they made the slab more comfy, I'd have had a nap.

also spent about an hour on the phone fighting with credit bureaus.  We put a freeze on our credit reports due to some fraud by a lender, and were working on loosening up for a bit so we can get our mortgage approved.  They don't like it when people take responsibility for themselves and make it very difficult to deal with....

I love birds.  This immature vulture (see the down on the back of his neck) was hanging out in an empty RV site.  Took him a while to decide to fly off.  We were about 10' away in the Tahoe.
ee1937372a7970e16238df8ebbd2465f.jpg

Mockingbird vs Hawk. 

I think the hawk is an immature red tail.  True Mexican standoff.  The hawk is not fast and agile enough to catch the mockingbird and the mockingbird is not big enough to hurt the hawk.

https://vimeo.com/129935043

Killdeer nest about 15' from our RV.  Various sites say the eggs should hatch in 3-4 weeks, assuming they don't get eaten by the raccoons, crows, snakes, or whatever else is roaming around in the dark.  I was about 6' away with Gabe when I took this picture.  It appeared that she laid 1 egg a day, because there were 2, then 3 and now 4 eggs.  Last year a similar nest, all 4 hatched, but 1 died pretty quickly.

0d0a3e900be7a22f131c785e3d99dc8b.jpg

Find the killdeer nest.  (hint, it is straight in front of the white post)
d2245c517f8759c0c8703507b1ec4954.jpg

Saturday morning...

Total: 25,690#

Row 10 minutes 2374 meters
Squat 10x45,135,225,5x315,4x365,3x2x385,5x135
Bench 20x45,135,225,5x275,3x5x315,5x325
Halo 10x25,2x10x45
Front raise 10x25,2x10x45
Jump rope 60,70

Hey, hey WR, hope you don't mind if I follow along for the next six weeks.

Inspirational as always!

Didn't you see the note at the top about this being for northern hemisphere folks only??  (JK obviously).  Where are you in Australia?  I used to work for Macquarie in the states

• Like 1

South West, Western Australia. Little place in the middle of Jarrah country called Bridgetown.

:) you Northerners are here to keep us Southerners entertained, like your weirdo toilets flushing the wrong way!

Last weeks total, 106,940#

Monday morning, 6/8

Total: 14,454#

Very humid in the gym.  Had no grip on the bar.  Need to check on using chalk.

Row 6 min 1460 meters
Overhead press 10x45,135,5x5x185
Deadlift 10x135,5x225,4x315,1x365,385,385,365
Man makers 25# 3,3,3,3

Kicking off the challenge with some travel.

Off to Boston (actually Newton) to help with a training seminar on Tuesday.   Then flying to Miami for customer meetings.  Then driving back to Orlando.

Next week, 2 days playing booth babe in Orlando

Week after that, 4 days in Boston at Red Hat Summit

lols @ booth babe. Hope the outfit isn't too degrading ;)

Yay for Boston area though! Hope you get to hang with some cool nerds while you're there.

Just casual business wear fortunately. And no time for Boston nerds this time. Maybe in 2 weeks

And I'm not going to boston the next time because WE GET TO GO TO CAMP! So no boston nerds for me. Yes, he has a very cute booth babe outfit...at least I think so!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2