wildross

Wildross - back to competing

Tuesday in Framingham, MA

Total: 23,640#

La5 pull down 10x120,160
Seated cable row 2x10x120,160
Kroc row 10x75,85,95,2x10x100
Overhead extension 10x75,85,95,2x10x100
Squat 10x45,135,225,5x275,2x3x315  Deeply paused.

• Like 1

So glad to hear your numbers are tracking to where they are supposed to be. 

I sort of hate doctors that say they are straight shooters, but they aren't. it's just their bravado and god complex. 

SO EXCITED to see you and Christartist at camp!

• Like 1

So glad to hear your numbers are tracking to where they are supposed to be. 

I sort of hate doctors that say they are straight shooters, but they aren't. it's just their bravado and god complex. 

SO EXCITED to see you and Christartist at camp!

Yep.  As I think I've said, if it weren't for Lori (the nurse), I'd probably have had a nervous breakdown or a meltdown of some sort...

• Like 1

Wildross, what do you do that you travel so much? If you don't mind me asking.

I am a "Solution Architect" for Red Hat, supporting customers who are (mostly) headquartered in Florida.  But since every company is an amalgamation of other companies...I get around.   In normal speak, I'm a technical sales engineer.  My job is to help our customers select the correct products and apply them appropriately.  I do a lot of training and explaining.  I also ride herd on the sales reps so they don't promise too much. 

For instance, I'm in Boston for this tech seminar that we are presenting to the American part of a large European travel company.  The US HQ's are in Miami, near the cruise industry, but the engineering people are in Boston near all the universities.  They also have facilities in Arizona.

• Like 2

Hi wildross, and thanks for dropping by my challenge thread.

when I last competed, one of my fellow competitors was an 80+ year old blind man who could barely hear. He had a seeing eye dog. He wanted to bench press (he had been practicing). So a group of us worked with the judges to get it setup so one of us could tap him for the commands, I held the leash on his dog and others lead him by the hand.

Believe me, you will only be embarrassed in your own mind, and that will be true no matter what your total is or isn't...

LOVED reading through your thread (and now I'm late for my workout) but this was the best story - I'm always so inspired by older folks staying in shape! My husband does similar work - network architect / technical sales engineer for Comcast. Happy to say he doesn't have to travel as much as you do, but is back and forth to Seattle a lot. Glad your cancer battle is moving in the right direction! Looking forward to continuing to follow.

• Like 1

Alex, it's been wonderful to get to travel with him as he earns the points! Unfortunately we've decided to put my travel with him on hold and focus on my health and strength for camp. We love doing history and nature and science together! And when he's not available, I could camp out in an art museum! Wildross is great fun at the other museums. ..not so much at an art museum! As soon as I get my health back, we will be living the life we love! (Minus the farm)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am a "Solution Architect" for Red Hat, supporting customers who are (mostly) headquartered in Florida.  But since every company is an amalgamation of other companies...I get around.   In normal speak, I'm a technical sales engineer.  My job is to help our customers select the correct products and apply them appropriately.  I do a lot of training and explaining.  I also ride herd on the sales reps so they don't promise too much. 

For instance, I'm in Boston for this tech seminar that we are presenting to the American part of a large European travel company.  The US HQ's are in Miami, near the cruise industry, but the engineering people are in Boston near all the universities.  They also have facilities in Arizona.

Fun.  I used to do that in the banking industry, but we couldn't keep our points and bring family members around with us.  And it was actually one of my healthiest periods.  Fewer distractions at home meant that I just went for a workout after work was done for the day. 

I don't think I've ever mentioned this but I think it awesome that you put up such crazy numbers in seemingly forever changing gyms.

I'm a gym princess and get thrown off at my own home gym if I can't use a particular bar, rack or deadlifting platform let alone going to a brand new, foreign gym.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever mentioned this but I think it awesome that you put up such crazy numbers in seemingly forever changing gyms.

I'm a gym princess and get thrown off at my own home gym if I can't use a particular bar, rack or deadlifting platform let alone going to a brand new, foreign gym.

Thanks!  I was talking to a manager at an Anytime Fitness and he pulled up my key card records.  I had about 20 gyms on the list.  I need to get that info just for grins.    I tried to go to The Gym in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday, but it was just too far.  It's the one with the roof top lifting area overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.  Sigh...

• Like 2

Got home late last night after having a great time of fellowship with a friend over supper on the way home.  No gym yesterday or this morning.

Squeezed this in between conference calls this afternoon

Total: 16,270#

Squat 10x45,135,5x225,275,315,3x365  Forgot I did squats the other day.  Oh well.
Curl press 10x35,40,45,6x50,2x6x55
Barbell row 10x45,95,3x10x115

I have a tattoo that I want to get on my left deltoid.  A friend recommended an artist who did a design before I had surgery.  Doc told me to wait til after surgery.  I've left messages for him 3 times and he hasn't called me.  Time to find someone else, so I struck up a conversation with 2 guys at the gym.  got a couple locations, though neither of them is close to me.

• Like 1

Truest statement ever. 

Thanks!  I was talking to a manager at an Anytime Fitness and he pulled up my key card records.  I had about 20 gyms on the list.  I need to get that info just for grins.    I tried to go to The Gym in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday, but it was just too far.  It's the one with the roof top lifting area overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.  Sigh...

tumblr_mualqm4yyf1sd5ziio1_500.gif

that's right, J.  

• Like 1

They must have to replace their bars and racks constantly.

Everything is pretty rusty and beat up, as you would expect.  The canopy is used for spin classes, so the bikes are covered.  They take the seats inside when not in use.  without the view, it would be something of a dump.  with the view (and the breeze)...who cares about the condition of the equipment?

• Like 1

with the view (and the breeze)...who cares about the condition of the equipment?

No doubt.  Although on the Gulf side that breeze would feel more like a hair dryer.

• Like 1

I have a tattoo that I want to get on my left deltoid.  A friend recommended an artist who did a design before I had surgery.  Doc told me to wait til after surgery.  I've left messages for him 3 times and he hasn't called me.  Time to find someone else, so I struck up a conversation with 2 guys at the gym.  got a couple locations, though neither of them is close to me.

A quality tattoo artist is worth going out of your way for, IMHO.  

• Like 2