• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wildross

Wildross - back to competing

I like Saturday morning workouts.  Less time pressure.

Total: 16,145

Row 10 min 2282 meters

Over head press 10x45,135,5x5x185
Front squat 10x45,135,5x185,225,3x275,3x3x285
Man maker 25# 3,3,3,3

Ooh, willing to share any more details about your planned ink?

Yep.  A shield with the NOTW (Not of This World) logo/sword thing in the middle, Is 54:17 somewhere and hopefully crossed swords behind it.  It's a long verse, so it will just be the reference.  I want this on my left deltoid, close to my heart, but where I can see it.

Isaiah 54:17 reads

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

This is my primary life verse as a Christian.  The Lord has used it to sustain me a number of times, and it really came home with the cancer.    Christartist (wife) has several tattoos, partly to 'brand' herself as a Christian.  I've finally come around to that as well.  

• Like 2

Yep.  A shield with the NOTW (Not of This World) logo/sword thing in the middle, Is 54:17 somewhere and hopefully crossed swords behind it.  It's a long verse, so it will just be the reference.  I want this on my left deltoid, close to my heart, but where I can see it.

Isaiah 54:17 reads

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

This is my primary life verse as a Christian.  The Lord has used it to sustain me a number of times, and it really came home with the cancer.    Christartist (wife) has several tattoos, partly to 'brand' herself as a Christian.  I've finally come around to that as well.  

I love tattoos that are really significant, and not just "oh this looks cool" (I mean nothing wrong with that, but cool + significant = awesome)

Sunday

Total: 39,100#

Row 2 min...today was not a cardio kind of day.
Lat pull down 2x10x160,5x10x180
Seated cable  row 10x160,180,5x10x200 
used the medium wide straightish bar for these.  For both these and the lat pull downs, I concentrate on making sure I don't bend at the waist (much).  Try to make it all about them lats and arms.
Ir/or 25,30,5x10x35
One armed db press 10x70,75.  
I'm always surprised how hard these are on the lower obliques.  After all the rotations...ouch.
Horizontal extension 10x70,75  
This is laying on a bench, start with the dumbbell over your face, arms extended and your knees pulled up.  Now straighten everything out with the db getting as close to the floor above your head as you can and your legs going straight out.  Don't fall off the bench.  Great lat and ab work.

My back is really tight tonight (duh)

Weekly total: 125,054#

Tuesday, 6/16/2015

Row 5 min 1213 meters 

Total: 20,915
Squat 10x45,135,5x225,10x315,5x315,3x365
Bench and 10x45,135,225,3x10x245

The 10x315 squat was something I've wanted for a long time.   Just really wanted it today.  I'm thinking the rowing may be causing both some of my foot pain and wrist pain.....gonna stop it for a week and see how I feel.  some more volume deads and squats for cardio.  And burpees.  And Manmakers...

• Like 2

^ I like this bit where I'm stronger than bigm. I know it's only temporary until he gets the rust knocked off, but I'll take it for now ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I like this bit where I'm stronger than bigm. I know it's only temporary until he gets the rust knocked off, but I'll take it for now ;).

You have no idea how much I loathe having a former scout have bigger numbers than me :P 

I'm comin for your gainz buddy. 

Ugh. And I was having a hard time with 10x175 last night. 315 sounds like so much more fun. 

We're a sick bunch.  It's interesting but I notice that once I go over 5 or 6 reps I lose my quad dominance.  Which means that I'm standing at the Red Hat Booth at the Gartner Expo with both the front and the back of my legs hurting....maybe this wasn't the best timing.  And I need to buy some bigger polos.  These are getting a bit obscene for business wear.

Horizontal extension 10x70,75  

This is laying on a bench, start with the dumbbell over your face, arms extended and your knees pulled up.  Now straighten everything out with the db getting as close to the floor above your head as you can and your legs going straight out.  Don't fall off the bench.  Great lat and ab work.

This might be a dumb question... but are you laying on your back or on your side. I'm trying to picture this and having a difficult time doing so.

Booth selfie!! Or swolfie? I feel like all your selfies have to be swolfies... 

This might be a dumb question... but are you laying on your back or on your side. I'm trying to picture this and having a difficult time doing so.

I'm picturing this kind of like a v up  - so on the back, extend out, pull back in - only w/knees bent.   Oui o no? 

• Like 2

I'm picturing this kind of like a v up  - so on the back, extend out, pull back in - only w/knees bent.   Oui o no? 

Pretty much.  I'll do a video in the next day or two.

• Like 1

10 at 315 is pretty awesome!  That must take some serious lung power to stay tight long enough with that much weight.

Yea...I've been working my way up to a bodyweight widowmaker.  High rep sets definitely turn into a breathing exercise.

Haha I had similar feelings.  Very similar to how I felt last virtual meet when I was top 5 before all the heavy hitters lifted.  Something tells me that this feeling will be just as fleeting.

Which means that I'm standing at the Red Hat Booth at the Gartner Expo with both the front and the back of my legs hurting....maybe this wasn't the best timing.  

My squat days are/were usually on Thursdays or Fridays and my expos (8 a year now) are always the day or two after...right when DOMs kick in. The standing isn't the issue, it's the putting the booth up/breaking it down or have to reach under the table for handouts.

My squat days are/were usually on Thursdays or Fridays and my expos (8 a year now) are always the day or two after...right when DOMs kick in. The standing isn't the issue, it's the putting the booth up/breaking it down or have to reach under the table for handouts.

Heavy deadlifts before getting on a plane is a one time mistake as well.

• Like 2

Hi Wildross, thanks for stopping by my challenge thread!

You're putting up some impressive numbers, especially with all the traveling!  I think I can learn some things from you.  Subbed...

Something like this 

Add a squat before you press the dumbbells for more fun.  Lots of variations in the google verse as well.

I had no idea there was a name for those... TIL

Tuesday, 6/16/2015

Row 5 min 1213 meters 

Total: 20,915

Squat 10x45,135,5x225,10x315,5x315,3x365

Bench and 10x45,135,225,3x10x245

The 10x315 squat was something I've wanted for a long time.   Just really wanted it today.  I'm thinking the rowing may be causing both some of my foot pain and wrist pain.....gonna stop it for a week and see how I feel.  some more volume deads and squats for cardio.  And burpees.  And Manmakers...

Gratz on the 10x315 squats!  (Just dinged 10x225 last night)

Did somebody say burpees?

This picture sort of looks like you are smiling while choking out the puny camera man.  You've got some cannons.

You've no idea. I get shoulder boulder envy whenever this guy is around. 

• Like 2

This picture sort of looks like you are smiling while choking out the puny camera man. You've got some cannons.

He had a really wide neck.
  • Like 2