Wednesday 6/17/2015

Total: 16,100

Inclined press 2x10x45,135,185,225,5x245,3x265
Deadlift 10x135,225,5x315,2x3x365,1x365
Jump rope 50,50

Thursday 6/18/2015

Total: 27,300#

Elliptical  5 min

Front squat 10x45,135,185,225,2x5x275  almost lost the last rep backwards due to shakiness.   Time to stop
Overhead press 10x45,135,155,2x10x175,1x5x155
Renegade row 10x35,40,45,50,55

• Like 1

Saturday 6/20/2015

Total: 23, 750#

Elliptical 5 min
Squat 10x45,135,225,5x315,3x365,2x385,1x405 these felt solid
Bench press 10x45,135,5x10x225 went with a wider grip than usual.  Have had some wrist pain and it maybe because of a narrow grip.
Curl press 10x25
Man maker 25# 3,3,3

So a comment.  When you have pain during exercise, don't just look at the exercises.  Look at your whole life.  My right wrist started hurting on the outside.  I've iced it some and started modifying exercises as noted above.  But I also notice that I've changed my position at the desk, and that this was putting a more aggressive bend in my wrist.  So ease up on the exercise, add some ice, and do some mousing with my left hand, and change how I'm sitting.

Its often the little things.

• Like 2

So a comment.  When you have pain during exercise, don't just look at the exercises.  Look at your whole life.  My right wrist started hurting on the outside.  I've iced it some and started modifying exercises as noted above.  But I also notice that I've changed my position at the desk, and that this was putting a more aggressive bend in my wrist.  So ease up on the exercise, add some ice, and do some mousing with my left hand, and change how I'm sitting.

These are issues I am trying to figure out.

Sunday, 6/22/2015

Total: 30,550#

Lytpw 5,10,15,3x10x20
Kroc row 10x70,80,90,3x10x100
Overhead extension 10x70
Barbell row 10x45,3x10x135
Deadlift 10x135,2x10x225
One armed dB press 10x 65,70,75.80
Horizontal extension 10x65,70,75.80

Weekly total 118,615#

Thanks...

Off to Boston and the Red Hat Summit for the week.  May be a bit of a struggle to get workouts in due to the schedule, etc.

Yeah for evening workouts...

Monday 6/22/2015

For some reason I left my belt in the hotel room....

Total: 13635

Elliptical 10 min
Squat 10x45,135,225,5x315,3x3x315
Overhead press 10x45,2x10x135,1x10x155
Face pull 10x50,70,85

One of the cool things I've learned with the Anytime Fitness franchises is that they are almost always in or near a shopping center.  Which means grocery stores.  Which means instead of finding a restaurant to sit in and eat too much expensive food, I got this, plus a chicken salad sandwich and some other fruit for PWO meals got less than I would have paid for a restaurant meal.  I get a daily per diem for food and stuff like this makes it a profit center of sorts.  I also usually pick up a flat of bottled water.  If I drink 3 or 4 bottles out of 12, I've more than paid for the extras, which I leave for the maids or the rental car people.

If I'm going to be somewhere more than a day, I always try to stay in Residence Inns because they have a full kitchen.  Which means kitchen knives and storage bowls and stuff like that.  That's iced tea, not beer, by the way.

Ffd120c9316d9c5625bb4c93b3fb00ed85.jpg

I really do not intend to hijack your thread, but I am quoting this again for truth.

I am getting suspicious of where my mouse arm rests when at the computer at work or at home, if it stretches the Superspinatus out of shape and it shows up in several exercises.

Truest of true stories.  

Changed my sleeping position - neck and shoulder problems decreased drastically. 

Changed my desk set up - the rest of the neck and shoulder issues went away. 

Stand at work for portions of the day - low back issues went away.  

Threads without hijacks are just logs, though Catspaw probably doesn't need my advice...

I mean well, but I step out of line more often than I should.  I'm sorry.

Truest of true stories.  

Changed my sleeping position - neck and shoulder problems decreased drastically. 

Changed my desk set up - the rest of the neck and shoulder issues went away. 

Stand at work for portions of the day - low back issues went away.  

These are issues I am trying to sort.

(Put more graphically - the position of the mouse where I am using my computer forces my shoulder up and forward.  This sounds very stupid, but guess which part of my shoulder bothers me?)

I mean well, but I step out of line more often than I should.  I'm sorry.

(Put more graphically - the position of the mouse where I am using my computer forces my shoulder up and forward.  This sounds very stupid, but guess which part of my shoulder bothers me?)

Don't apologize so much.  You have good ideas and good questions.  If someone wants you to apologize, they can ask you.  That was more of an observation on my part.

And that is exactly the type of thing with your shoulder that I was talking about.  I watched a woman at a bank one time wince when she reached for her mouse, which was way up by the monitor when she had to reach up and forward.  I pointed this out to her, that maybe it would help to move it.  "No, I just need to see someone about my shoulder"....ok then.

Tuesday 6/23/2015

total: 23,735#

Morning

Curl press 10x25,30

Flyes 10x25,30

Evening

Elliptical 10 min

Bench 20x45,135,10x225,5x275,315,2x3x320,5x225

Deadlift 10x135,225,5x315,3x365,385,2x405,2x315

• Like 1

Well that's a new one. Guy walked under the end of the bar as I was squatting...that's gonna hurt. I had 205 on the bar and was front squatting. He was turning a bench around and walked right under the end as I went down. Glad I had the safety bars in place as it knocked the bar out of my grip. Never apologized. Then he never used the bench at all.

Wednesday, 6/24/2015

Total: 22,980#

Pushups 2x20

Elliptical 5 min
Overhead press 20x45,10x135,155,5x175,3x5x185,10x135
Front squat 10x45,135,5x205,225,3x275,2x3x285,5x135
Ir/or 25,30

Well that's a new one. Guy walked under the end of the bar as I was squatting...that's gonna hurt. I had 205 on the bar and was front squatting. He was turning a bench around and walked right under the end as I went down. Glad I had the safety bars in place as it knocked the bar out of my grip. Never apologized. Then he never used the bench at all.

That is just scary.  Where I go, I think they have racks a little too close together and if somebody is loading weights, I will simply wait for them to finish before doing my squats.

I also get nervous when little kids run around in the weight section on the way to the basketball court.

That is just scary.  Where I go, I think they have racks a little too close together and if somebody is loading weights, I will simply wait for them to finish before doing my squats.

I also get nervous when little kids run around in the weight section on the way to the basketball court.

Yeah, I've done that too. This gym, the dumbbell racks are to the left of the squat rack.  One of the benches was pulled out of the rack and behind me to my left.  I was squatting, and he got the bench from behind me and sort of pivoted it around to my left.  I knew he was behind me, but wasn't really tracking him.  Then the bar came up off my shoulder as I was going down and I heard him grunt, then saw him grab his back.   I've almost hit people before because they just walked by me, but this was the first time it actually happened.

Very odd.