• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Oramac

Part 1: From Dark Helmet to Darth Oramac

I'm back!!  And after my last "challenge", I learned quite a bit, but I feel a lot more like Dark Helmet than I'd like.  

Dark_Helmet_unmasked.jpg

So this time I'm resetting, and revitalizing, and re-something-ing.  Yea.  Don't question it.  

Also, All my challenges for the rest of the year are going to be Star Wars themed.  Because Episode VII comes out in just 7 short months, and I AM EXCITED!!!!!  I even took that Friday off work just to see the midnight showing Thursday night.  

Without further ado: 

The Transformation of Dark Helmet to Darth Oramac!

Darth-Vaders-Dark-Helmet.jpg

Taking lessons from the best.

Goal #1: Radar!

mrradar.jpg

I always drink coffee when I watch radar!

A true Sith knows exactly what he's eating.  I'll be going to 100% tracking during week 1 to establish a baseline, and at least 2 days per week for weeks 2-6.  Preferably one lifting day and one off-day. 

Goal #2: The Schwartz!

spaceballs.jpg

A Sith knows how to..........handle it.  

I must do at least 30 minutes of lightsaber training, at least one day per week (most likely on Tuesdays).  

Goal #3: Lug the luggage!

spaceballs-luggage-password.jpg

That's the stupidest password I've ever heard!

A Sith can lift all the things.  Since I don't have the Force, this Sith needs to use his muscles.  I've gotten bored with the SL5x5 program recently, and have a hard time getting into the gym because of it.  So.......I'm switching it up.  For this challenge and the next, I'm trying 2 new lifting regimens.  This challenge I'll be doing the 20-rep squat program, and next challenge, I'll be using the Bajheera Games and Gainz program.  

20-rep squat is here.  My estimated 5RM is 163 pounds, so I'll be starting at 70 pounds (which seems Ludicrously Low, but hopefully we can change that by getting Gains at Ludicrous Speed)

ludicrous.jpg

• Like 5

Oh jeez, he's gone full plaid!!

That 20 rep squat sounds brutal.  I did note that while I was reading the article there was a poll on the side that asked me whether I'd vomited during a workout or not.  (I clicked 'no'.)

Subbed to see you CLOBBER SOME GOALS!

• Like 2

So you're doing a REAL challenge this time eh?  I gotta I'm loving theme!

space-balls-hello-my-baby-1-o.gif

TRACK ALL THE THINGS!  LIFT ALL THE THINGS!  BE AWESOME :D

MAY THE SCHWARTZ BE WITH YOU!!!

• Like 1

That article on squats scared me slightly - You sir, are a brave man!

YAY! Star wars! Excited I am. :D

Honestly, the hardest part for me has always been getting to the gym.  Once I'm there I can usually force myself to keep going.  Though I am looking forward to the challenge of this squat plan.  

• Like 2

All right, so tomorrow is the official start of the Challenge.  But today is when I batch cooked all my lunches for the week.  So here's the tracking for those lunches at least.

NerdFitness Chicken Stir-Fry with rice.

Chicken: 1.78 pounds

Veggies: ~1 pound

Rice: 1.5 cups

Teriyaki sauce

Per Meal totals:

Calories: 459.64

Carbs: 64.35g

Protein: 43.076g

Fat: 10.68g

I'll be keeping track of the other food I eat starting tomorrow too.  

• Like 4

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!!

So, Day 1 of the 20-Rep Squat Challenge.  I'll write it out, in order, and put my thoughts at the bottom in a TL;DR.

Breakfast:

1 Apple: 95 calories; .3g fat; 25g carbs; .5g protein.

Lunch:

NF Chicken Stir-Fry with Rice: Calories: 459.64; Carbs: 64.35g; Protein: 43.076g; Fat: 10.68g

Snack: 

1 XS Energy Drink, Summit Blast flavor: 12 calories; 0g fat; 1g carbs; 2g protein.

Gym:

My official theme is Star Wars, but I have a new unofficial Gym Theme:

090ff7528dc24da72efb4e59b70afa77.jpg

Squats: 1 warmup set of 10 bodyweight;  1 set of 20 @ 70 pounds

Pullovers: 1 set of 20 at 25 pounds

Straight-Leg Deadlift: 1 set of 15 at 135 pounds

Pullovers: 1 set of 20 at 25 pounds

Bench Press: 3 sets of 10 at 135 pounds.  [i actually did 5 sets here.  I owed myself 6 reps from the second 2 sets, and for punishment I added two more reps.]

Bent Over Row: 1 set at 95; 2 sets at 75.  [it was readily apparent that 95 pounds wasn't gonna happen for sets 2-3.  So I'm going to back off and stick at 75, at least for now.]

Military Press: 3 sets of 12 reps at 75 pounds.  [i feel like a pansy.  I know it was the end of my workout, and I was tired, but I really feel like I ought to be able to do 95 here.]

Dinner:

1 Protein Shake: 2 cups milk and 1 scoop Nutrilite Chocolate Whey Protein Powder: 410 calories; 11g Fat; 33g Carbs; 42g Protein

3 Chicken/cheese Quesadillas (total for all 3): 1425 Calories; 67.5g Fat; 139.5g Carb; 55.5g Protein.

Daily total consumed:  2401.64 Calories; 89.48g Fat; 262.85g Carbs; 143.07g Protein

So there it is!  20-Rep Squat Day 1 is in the books!

TL;DR:  I actually feel this workout more in my upper body than lower.  That said, I'm starting at roughly 60% of my 5RM for squats, and I can definitely tell that the squats are going to get much harderer pretty quick.  Overall, I'm happy with this choice of workout so far.  

EDIT: I have no idea what those food totals actually mean.  Haha.  If anyone smarter than I wants to weigh in (very punny), I'm all ears! 

• Like 3

I mean, it doesn't look bad. If you're doing this over the long haul then it'll be a while before you can tell if this particular macro arrangement works for you or not.

So... it doesn't mean anything. Yet.

Training sounds like it was tough. Mastering 20 reps of a move will definitely make you stronger for sure. Can't wait to see how this goes. :)

• Like 3

Very nice workout! I don't know enough about macros to help you out with that, but what you ate looks tasty, if that helps?

Also, very soon you will be straight-leg DL-ing and pressing my entire bodyweight. xD Impressed I am. 

• Like 1

Lookin' good, man! Like the others, I have no real idea what the numbers mean, but I think Kishi has it right. You've got to figure out what works for you, and the only way to figure that out is to do it and tweak if something isn't working.

However, if you need a quick data visualization, here you go! The percentages are probably good to have if an app hasn't given them to you already.

Oramac-6-9-15.png

• Like 3