• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Oramac

Part 1: From Dark Helmet to Darth Oramac

So yesterday.........I skipped the gym again.  :(   I had a whole ranty long post typed up about it, but the internet gods swallowed it up.  The short version is I hate my fucking job, and I'm sick and damn tired of being single.  

On the plus side, I'm actively working on the single part.  Though it's not exactly something I'm good at (or even know anything about), so I've got no idea how it's going.  

Eh. I don't think anybody's good at de-singling. They just kind of accidentally find their way to each other. It's the way of things, I think.

• Like 2

Eh. I don't think anybody's good at de-singling. They just kind of accidentally find their way to each other. It's the way of things, I think.

Yup, pretty much. Seems like people try a zillion ways, and then it comes from the last place they expect. Or so I judge based on the stories of the people around me.

Job hatred sucks, man. I've been there, and it impacts every part of your life. Here's hoping you find a way out.

• Like 1

Thanks guys.  I appreciate all the support.  More news on this coming after the break......

===========================================

OK!!  Update time!!  It's somewhat bittersweet this time around, but I'm surprisingly happy with it right now.  

So I got my scheduling totally bungled up on Friday and missed the gym AGAIN.  Fucking pissed about that.  It's all my fault too.  I forgot they closed early for the holiday, and considering the time I got off work it would have been cutting it way too close to be able to get anything useful done.  I did do some bodyweight stuff at home though, and I'm happy to say I got my Lightsaber training in last week too!  

So grading for last week is thus:

Gym: 1/3 (JKBNAGBNWGKJBNWGB!!!!!!!!  Screaming obscenities)

Tracking: 1/2  (not really worried about this.  I think I've established that my modus operandi should just be "eat more")

Lightsaber: 1/1.  boom.

Also!!  I went on not one, but two dates over the weekend!  One of them was fun, but I don't think she's the right girl for me, partially because the other date (which happened first actually) went so damn well.  

I met a girl for the Independence Day fireworks on Saturday and we seriously didn't stop talking for probably 4-4.5 hours.  It was fantastic.  Plus, SHE LIFTS!!!  And not wimpy lifting like with the little pink weights.  She deadlifts and cleans and squats and everything.  I'm really excited about this girl.  We have a second date set up for tomorrow.  

Now I just have to manage not to say something incredibly moronic between now and then.  That's usually the hardest part.  haha. 

• Like 4

I say incredibly moronic things all the time. My wife claims it's one of the reasons she loves me, so... there's that. =)

Let's hope it works out the same way for me.  Though to be fair, it's gonna have to.  Saying stupid shit is kind of a talent of mine. 

• Like 1

Let's hope it works out the same way for me.  Though to be fair, it's gonna have to.  Saying stupid shit is kind of a talent of mine. 

Bet I'm better at it. :P

Nah, but seriously, dude, that's super-exciting! What a way to meet a girl. Hope the second date goes well.

• Like 1

Boo on missing the gym!  I hate it when schedules fuck things up!

But YAY on a good date and apparently another AWESOME date!!! Wooo!!!!  I'm glad that it resulted on a second date!  With what sounds like a cool woman!  A lifting woman!  Dare I say...a Wonder Woman?!

tumblr_m437sb9d4a1r8ol80o1_500.gif

(No I wasn't looking for an excuse for Wonder Woman gif, whatcha talking about'?  :P)

Good luck on the second date muchacho!

• Like 4

Boo on missing the gym!  I hate it when schedules fuck things up!

But YAY on a good date and apparently another AWESOME date!!! Wooo!!!!  I'm glad that it resulted on a second date!  With what sounds like a cool woman!  A lifting woman!  Dare I say...a Wonder Woman?!

tumblr_m437sb9d4a1r8ol80o1_500.gif

(No I wasn't looking for an excuse for Wonder Woman gif, whatcha talking about'?  :tongue:)

Good luck on the second date muchacho!

Thanks!!  So far, she is Wonder Woman!  Now I just have to not screw it up for myself like I usually do.  :(  

So far so good!  I'll keep y'all updated.  

OK, yesterday was great!  No tracking, and no lightsaber, but the gym went well! 

Gym:

Squats: 1 set 5 bodyweight; 1 set 5 bar; 1 set 20 at 125 pounds (I think.  I don't have my sheet in front of me)

Pullovers: 1 set 20 at 25 pounds

Straight-Leg Deads: 1 set 15 at 155 pounds

Pullovers: 1 set 20 at 25 pounds

Bench: sets: 10, 10, 6, 5 all at 135 pounds.

Dumbbell Row: 3 sets 10 with 50 pound dumbbell

Dumbbell Incline Press: 3 sets 12 with 40 pound dumbbells.  

Bench was annoying.  I know I should be hitting that last set of 10.  I've done it before, dammit.  The dumbbell work was just because the racks I usually use for those were taken, so I improvised.  

Overall, a really good workout. 

Eh. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you're engaging in training for the long term, then you have to acknowledge that down days happen sometimes. You can't always bring the A-Game. Your energy and your power wax and wane. That's how it happens. Just because you could lift a weight yesterday it doesn't mean you can today, you know?

• Like 2

I saw something somewhere from a personal trainer that said you should expect to have one off-workout day for every three good ones. Like, one in four is gonna suck. It's just life being life.

• Like 1

Eh. Don't be so hard on yourself. If you're engaging in training for the long term, then you have to acknowledge that down days happen sometimes. You can't always bring the A-Game. Your energy and your power wax and wane. That's how it happens. Just because you could lift a weight yesterday it doesn't mean you can today, you know?

I saw something somewhere from a personal trainer that said you should expect to have one off-workout day for every three good ones. Like, one in four is gonna suck. It's just life being life.

Yea.  I guess I just have a perfectionist streak.  I expect myself to be the best at whatever I do, even if I subconsciously know that I'm not capable of being the best.  I do the same thing in WoW.  In my RBG teams I'm constantly asking people how I can do better, even if I'm at the top of the ranking.  

rain_meme-3.jpg

Seriously.  It's messing with my head.  Record rainfall in June here, and we're setting up pretty well for record rain in July too.  Which is nice for people who like rain, but not me.  It seriously messes up my head.  Which messes up my day, and messes up my workouts.  Plus it means I have to practice with the lightsaber inside.  Ugh.  Stop. The. Rain! 

So yea, all that was just a ranty way of saying yesterdays workout sucked.  I felt like shit when I woke up.  Felt crappy, but a little better as the day went on, and went into the gym hoping I'd be ok.  By the time I finished Squats and deadlifts my head felt like it was going to explode.  The worst part is, I know exactly why it happens, and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.  

/rantoff

• Like 1

The rain screws with me as well, in various ways. We've been having a ridiculous amount up this way too, and it really has been a problem for me. Soldier on is about all we can do.

• Like 1

The rain screws with me as well, in various ways. We've been having a ridiculous amount up this way too, and it really has been a problem for me. Soldier on is about all we can do.

Yea. Apparently the squats and deads that I finished actually did something, since I have some decent DOMS in my legs today, which is nice.  

Soldier on is about all we can do.

imperial_guard_by_nomad_77-d48fmfl.jpgThat phrase somehow made me think of an Imperial Guardsman stuck in a ditch and gathering the courage to charge ahead. So there

• Like 2

SOMEONE IS HATING THE GODDAMNED RAIN TOO?

rain-crying.gif

Man my mood has crashed since it's been so dark and grey and rainy over here.  Ugh I hate it.  I know Colorado needs it cause usually it's dry as hell here, but man...I really want my summer back :(

• Like 1

Update!  So after Wednesdays crappy gym time, I decided to go in to the gym yesterday too.  It was better.  Not great, but better.  

I actually didn't even finish squats before my head started pounding this time, but I powered through it and did my 20 reps at 135 pounds.  After that, I tried walking it off again for about 10 minutes, which didn't work, so I was going to just leave.  But when I got into the locker room to grab my bag, I saw one of the other regulars there who kindly offered me some Aleve.  Bam!  After another 10-15 minutes for it to kick in, I was able to go back up and knock out most of the rest of my workout, though I did use less weight and skip deadlifts.  

I'm still figuring this thing out.  Even with the Aleve I still had a very slight headache.  I know it's mostly the weather, but I think it's partially lack of sleep too, since I tend to not sleep well or for very long when it's this crappy outside.  Experimentation is ongoing...

In other news, I have a date tonight!  We're going to the City Museum here in St Louis.  It's gonna be great! 

• Like 2

Stopping by to check in on the awesome!

How much sleep so you get a night? I know if I don't get at least 6+ hours uninterrupted I will totally crumble lifting. And then recovery day is dreadful. ;_; Everyone's sleep levels are different though, I think my body requires more than most!

YAY DATE!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Stopping by to check in on the awesome!

How much sleep so you get a night? I know if I don't get at least 6+ hours uninterrupted I will totally crumble lifting. And then recovery day is dreadful. ;_; Everyone's sleep levels are different though, I think my body requires more than most!

YAY DATE!!!!!!!

Thanks!  I usually get about 8 hours a night, but here lately I've been squeaking by at 6 hours.  Between the weather and life obligations, time seems to be really scarce! 

• Like 2

Museum date? NERD

But seriously, man, get some sleep. I seem to recall you saying something about it being related to your allergies? Maybe try some Claritin at night...

• Like 4

Museum date? NERD

But seriously, man, get some sleep. I seem to recall you saying something about it being related to your allergies? Maybe try some Claritin at night...

Well...........the date ended up not working out.  She had some family stuff to take care of so we just stayed home and watched a movie.  And Kishi, this is probably the least nerdy museum ever.  More like the "Museum of Cardio".  

Ok, week Whatever-It-Was Recap.  

Gym: 3/3

Tracking: 0/2

Lightsaber: 0/1

So on paper, last week looks like a really bad week, but I'm actually ok with it.  The tracking has become fairly superfluous anyway, since it all boils down to "eat more".  And even though I missed the saber work, I did go on a few dates and really enjoyed myself.  Not ideal, but not bad either.  

And I already knocked out my Lightsaber work for this week yesterday, so I'm off to a good start there.  For the record, Makashi still feels like an awkward way to cut your own head off instead of the elegant, precise form everyone says it is.  I honestly think it's more me than the form though.  I tend to prefer the more direct, powerful strikes instead of tip-toeing around. 

• Like 1