• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Oramac

Part 1: From Dark Helmet to Darth Oramac

Well...........the date ended up not working out.  She had some family stuff to take care of so we just stayed home and watched a movie.  And Kishi, this is probably the least nerdy museum ever.  More like the "Museum of Cardio".  

I saw a giant ball pit.

If that isn't Nerd I don't know what is.

• Like 2

Well, good news and bad news.  Mostly good, I suppose.  

Bad news: It looks like it didn't work out with the girl I was talking to.  Long story short, we had a difference of opinion on a fairly important subject that I'd rather not get into here.  I'm a little sad about it, because other than that she was really great, but it kinda was a deal-breaker for both of us.  

Good news: Mondays workout kicked ass!  It wasn't 100%, but compared to last week, it was really damn good.  

Squats: 1 set 5 BW; 1 set 5 bar; 1 set 20 at 145 pounds

Pullovers: 1 set 20 at 25 pounds

Straight-Leg Deads: 1 set 15 at 160 pounds

Pullovers: 1 set 20 at 25 pounds

Bench: 2 sets 10 at 135; 1 set 9; 1 set 5;  

Bent Row: 3 sets 15 at 110 pounds

Incline Press: 1 set 10 at 95; 1 set 9 at 95; 1 set 7 at 95

I'm kinda upset about Bench and Incline Press.  I feel like I should have those weights no problem by now, and it just ain't happening.  But other than that the workout felt fucking great!   You know it's a good workout when you're too tired to yell at the idiots around you on the drive home! 

• Like 1

Dude, that looks like a killer workout. Well done! :D

Sorry to hear that it might not work out with girl. At least you got a reminder that there are cool people out there.

Very nice workout.  Your volume work always blows my mind. 

Bummer about the girl, but at least it seemed to be a mutual deal breaker that you both acknowledged.  Might not be a girlfriend potential, but nothing wrong with asking if she'd want to stay friends.  Lifting chicks = always awesome.

• Like 2

Awesome on a great feeling workout! 

It's sad, but the fact that it was a mutual dealbreaker situation, twas for the best.  If you can still lift with new friend like Wonder Woman, that'll be awesome :D.

• Like 1

Well, it's been almost a week since I posted.  I suppose I ought to update everyone.  Wednesday was a wash.  Slept like crap and had a headache the whole day, so I didn't go in to the gym.  Friday was much better, and my workout went really well.  I ended the Challenge with a set of 20 squats at 155 pounds.  Not too bad.  

Overall, I'm happy with how this challenge went, even though I had some slip ups around the holiday and with some weather (effing weather!).  

The next challenge is the Bahjeera workout, which should be good too, and not quite as strict with the weight increases.  

• Like 2

Well, it's been almost a week since I posted.  I suppose I ought to update everyone.  Wednesday was a wash.  Slept like crap and had a headache the whole day, so I didn't go in to the gym.  Friday was much better, and my workout went really well.  I ended the Challenge with a set of 20 squats at 155 pounds.  Not too bad.  

Overall, I'm happy with how this challenge went, even though I had some slip ups around the holiday and with some weather (effing weather!).  

The next challenge is the Bahjeera workout, which should be good too, and not quite as strict with the weight increases.  

Nice work on the challenge (even though I've just been lurky around here).  You've managed a lot.  Also I think I need to steal your volume workouts from you at this point.  Now to go read the challenge you already have posted. :P

• Like 1

So, maybe you said something earlier, but where are you finding these plans? They sound pretty rad.

You had some ups and downs, but you stayed flat in your heart and pressed on through. Good. :)

I'm sorry I haven't been around...my life imploded, and you got a girlfriend (sorry it didnt work out though, but that still means I have a shot ;) ) LOL! Anyways, I hope you can stay friends at least if she was that awesome :) 

This challenge was pretty wonky for a bunch of us, not sure why, but we all pulled it out okay in the end, and thats what its all about :) Next week dude, prepare yoself :) 

So, maybe you said something earlier, but where are you finding these plans? They sound pretty rad.

You had some ups and downs, but you stayed flat in your heart and pressed on through. Good. :)

Thanks!!  Ups and downs are part of life, I suppose.  But that doesn't mean I like em.  :P

The workouts for Parts 1 and 2 both came from bodybuilding.com.  Part 3 is going to be mostly bodyweight since the Tough Mudder happens during it, and Part 4 I have no idea yet, except that Episode VII releases during it.  

I'm sorry I haven't been around...my life imploded, and you got a girlfriend (sorry it didnt work out though, but that still means I have a shot ;) ) LOL! Anyways, I hope you can stay friends at least if she was that awesome :) 

This challenge was pretty wonky for a bunch of us, not sure why, but we all pulled it out okay in the end, and thats what its all about :) Next week dude, prepare yoself :)

Don't worry!  As I said, we all have ups and downs.  I'm sorry to hear you had a few implosions.  I hope it's all getting better!  

I'm not sure I'd say she was a girlfriend, exactly.  We were only dating for a little over a week and never got past second base. Haha.  But I hope so too.  She is a great person.  

Next week!  It's gonna be grand! 

• Like 1