So the Bye Weeks Challenge have made me realise something.

Six weeks is too big a period of time for me to deal with in one go. It's like when I used to be at uni and would be given a huge assignment months in advance, I would do sod all for months and then live in the library for the last couple of weeks up until the deadline.

Two weeks however is a much more manageable chunk. I feel like I can 'make a special effort for two weeks' in a way that sounds mentally exhausting to commit to for six weeks.

Also with the usual six week format if I fuck up in the first couple of weeks I then feel like I have ruined the whole challenge so there is no point anyway.

SO this time around I am breaking my challenge down in to 2 weeks blocks, starting unofficially over in the Bye Weeks Challenge.

I will set my goals for the following two weeks. based on what I have learned on the proceeding two weeks. I might end up doing the same thing for another two weeks or I might make a few little tweaks.

• Like 14

Bye Weeks Training Camp

So for the Bye Weeks (big UK based NFL fan) I plan to go in to my own self imposed 'training camp'

I feel like I need to restart my engines, get some early wins and build some momentum, so up until the challenge start (like any of us actually stop doing stuff in the bye weeks) will be my training camp.

Will be trialing out a new gym where I can lift weights and do strength stuff (no barbells or anything at current gym).

Goal One - Exercise

I'm going all or nothing this training camp just to prove I can with one to two gym visits a day.

Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays are going to be Rippetoes Starting Strength

Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays are going to be a slower paced more relaxed Convict Conditioning

I also plan to throw in a degree a cycling on pretty much every day because I have found it super beneficial for my hips and knees

And I plan to start learning kettlebells on my convict conditioning days.

Goal Two - Nutrition

Obviously upping my activity to Super Saiyan levels is going to require

all

the

freakin

protein

so I plan to eat well these two weeks (I despise MFP and the ilk, I am good at being my own judge on this). I do have some things coming up that will mean eating not as great as I want but this goal is all about an achievable and sustainable way of eating where I don't feel deprived.

Goal Three - Chill Out

Between normal work, secondary work on my days off and whizzing between friendship groups I don't seem to take the time to just stop and chill out, this last month it has led to me feeling pretty exhausted (only had two nights in with my fiancee for the entire month) and like butter spread to thinly over bread.

Increased activity and also my own mental well being mean that I need to ensure I take some time to just chill out and relax

• Like 2

Dude, this is a great idea.  I never thought about breaking the challenge down into challenges... brilliant!  Excited to see what you come up with!

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Dude, this is a great idea.  I never thought about breaking the challenge down into challenges... brilliant!  Excited to see what you come up with!

thank you so much!

I have been here for getting on for a year now and have yet to have a challenge that I feel has gone well (other than my first), although whilst I have been here I've learned sooooooooo much about what does and doesn't work for me, especially helped by following Raider and cn3wton (who has sadly retreated to his battle log so most people don't get to read the awesomeness of his ideas and plans)

Feel about ready now with everything I have learned about nutrition, motivation, exercise and discipline specific to me to nail this challenge

• Like 2

don't stop, get it

Party12.gif

great idea man. i'm here for the protein 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Wow, you're early on this one! Subbed, as always. Looking forward to seeing how the new format suits you. 

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Every time I follow you I'm always hearing great ideas.  This two week plan sounds awesome

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character 

I was about to point out, 6 weeks seems to be too long for you, causing a stumble that discourages you from getting back at it. Glad you realized it and found a mechanic to work around it. Wishing you all the best mate!

Great minds and all that!

Wow, you're early on this one! Subbed, as always. Looking forward to seeing how the new format suits you. 

heya, so glad to see you here. I'm pretty excited by the new format to, fingers crossed.

Following, and joining you in the bye weeks challenge!

Hey Nic, great to have you and of course to see you in the Bye Weeks challenge

Every time I follow you I'm always hearing great ideas.  This two week plan sounds awesome

thank you so much dude, I figure if I try enough things I will eventually find the thing that works for me.

And in the process learn a bunch of things that might help other people

So I'm "pulling a Rurik" and taking the next two days off work, in addition to my two completely work free weekend days. This will be the first time since Christmas that I have had a day off work where I will actually do no work, instead of just using my holidays to do more work.

The plan is to recentre, recharge and start my challenge off early with a bang, i'll be eating well, meal prepping and trying out a new gym with the hope of starting to instigate the beginnings of some new habits

• Like 5

So I'm "pulling a Rurik" and taking the next two days off work, in addition to my two completely work free weekend days. This will be the first time since Christmas that I have had a day off work where I will actually do no work, instead of just using my holidays to do more work.

The plan is to recentre, recharge and start my challenge off early with a bang, i'll be eating well, meal prepping and trying out a new gym with the hope of starting to instigate the beginnings of some new habits

that sounds like a wise move

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

weekend just gone was a bank holiday in England and I spent it doing some physical work with someone, a combination of that and my surprise at the chest press a week or so ago has made me realise that I want to be strong, to do that I could do with a different gym that has barbells

I definitely get the "I messed it up already, why bother to keep going?" mentality. It's why I stopped grading my goals. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the new format.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

I have been here for getting on for a year now and have yet to have a challenge that I feel has gone well (other than my first), although whilst I have been here I've learned sooooooooo much about what does and doesn't work for me,

I understand this completely! I have been here for 1 1/2 years (wow that long :o)  and have yet to find my rhythm. I always do okay in a challenge but not what I would call great or even good. AND like you I have learned tons. This place has been invaluable to me...now I just have to fine tune my habits.

breaking my challenge down in to 2 weeks blocks

This is so genius...I may just have to use this in the future. I get to week 3 or 4 and things start to fade. So week 5 and 6 I am trying to recover. I am anxious to see how it goes for you.

It's why I stopped grading my goals.

@Phoenix Burning - Me too!

MFP: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/rkonie Name: RKonie

I definitely get the "I messed it up already, why bother to keep going?" mentality. It's why I stopped grading my goals. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the new format.

Zing, ditto. I stopped grading and doing stats a couple of challenges ago, just keep track of my level now

I've seen the "two week challenge block" idea work well. I love that your first one is a boot camp...ninja boot camp :-)

I'm so excited!

• Like 1