I understand this completely! I have been here for 1 1/2 years (wow that long :o)  and have yet to find my rhythm. I always do okay in a challenge but not what I would call great or even good. AND like you I have learned tons. This place has been invaluable to me...now I just have to fine tune my habits

I have been surprised by how much such tiny things matter - take chicken for instance. Sometimes the difference between me having a healthy meal with chicken and deciding that cooking will take too long is whether or not the chicken is pre-cut! How crazy is that, if I have to cut the chicken I write the whole thing off as taking too long, even though it would on,y take like a minute

• Like 3

For me, if the meat is still in the freezer I am not going to cook. If it is thawed I am willing to get it done. I do not like to thaw meat in the microwave and it takes too long other ways (countertop, fridge). So silly.

I hear ya, also microwave thawing tends to cook the meat a little, which is gross!

• Like 1

Yea!!!  I've done staged challenges and broken up a goal into two-week chunks.  It can be very helpful, and there are quite a few workout plans that operate on such a rotation.  Good luck with the experiment - I'll be watching!!!

chewie-the-pembroke-welsh-corgi_56141_20

• Like 3

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

I really like how you've adapted the challenge format to work for you. I stopped grading my challenges a while ago too. The stat points were just stressful to me instead of being fun so I dropped them.

Goal Two - Nutrition

Obviously upping my activity to Super Saiyan levels is going to require

all

the

freakin

protein

Like this?

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Good challenge, makes sense to find the way that works best for you.  Smash it!

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that's better

four days off of all kinds of work is definitely what I needed - note to self don't leave it 5 months next time before taking a day off.

Sorry I haven't been around chums I have had four days away from work and pretty much everything allowing me to rest, think and recharge

and I feel so much better for it

• Like 3

Nice divide a conquer strategy man, looking forward to see you claim 3 wins in 6 weeks.

. . . i do like winning . . . 

I really like this idea! I think it's going to work really well for you! Good luck :D

heya, thank you so much

Yea!!!  I've done staged challenges and broken up a goal into two-week chunks.  It can be very helpful, and there are quite a few workout plans that operate on such a rotation.  Good luck with the experiment - I'll be watching!!!

chewie-the-pembroke-welsh-corgi_56141_20

I think breaking it all done as small and manageable as possible is going to be key for me

• Like 1

I'm here, hope the change in format helps you out man!

phew, was getting worried there for a minute

I really like how you've adapted the challenge format to work for you. I stopped grading my challenges a while ago too. The stat points were just stressful to me instead of being fun so I dropped them.

Like this?

giphy.gif

lol just like that, I love broscience so much!

Good challenge, makes sense to find the way that works best for you.  Smash it!

Hey bro, so glad to see that you have made it back here

OK so four days away from it all has been very welcome. In that time I've fit in a wedding and reception, watched mad max, had a day long d&d session, christened someones new house with a bbq, visited the in laws, taken fiancee out for 3 course meal and tried out a new/old gym.

The gym is one I have been to before, it is the second and only other gym in my town. The reason I stopped last time was because it doesn't have showers which makes it inconvenient to attend before work (have to go from home to gym then home to wash then from home to work), however it has the advantage of being a more fitness based gym with barbells, kettlebells, slam balls, power cage etc

Compared to my current gym which caters for 'families' - lots of cardio machines, no 'scary' free weights, everything is nice and painted and modern and pretty, huge changing rooms with great showers and tons of parking.

The decision has been convenience and cleanliness/niceness versus function. Whilst the reason I go to the gym is to chisel myself in to a God and not to chat to people (favoring function gym), if it is too inconvenient to go (comparatively) will I actually go?

The battle has been deciding if future me will suffer the inconvenience of that better equipped gym for the benefit of being able to use barbells or if I am better off with the more convenient gym, even though it is poorly equipped, because potentially at least I will go more and the best work out plan is the one you do (although I also consider the demotivation that will come from going to a gym that doesn't let me do the exercises I want and perhaps won't let me see the gains I want).

anyways this has been raging for some time, so during my days off I decided to go the function gym and see if whilst I am at the gym I enjoy myself enough more than going to the other gym that it will entice me to go despite being more inconvenient, if that makes sense?

Got to the gym, pottered around a bit fannying about on various things waiting for the squat rack to become free, until finally it did and I rushed in to it like a rat up a drain pipe.

And those squats were just transcendent. Sure it was only sets of five, and sure it was only a hundred odd lbs but it felt great. Like what I was meant to be doing. Like what I am built to be good at doing.

So I reckon I'm pretty much decided

Going to try the function gym again tomorrow morning before work to see how it would fit in to my normal schedule

• Like 8

Oh the other bonus worth mentioning in case it helps others - convict conditioning improved my weighted squat form no end.

My weighted squat went far deeper than it had before convict conditioning and my stance was better meaning that I wasn't feeling like my knees and ankles where taking the weight

• Like 5

Meh, going to work clean is overrated anyway

edward-in-fight-club-edward-norton-56243

I mean, who'd dare say anything to a chiseled God of lifting?

I'm intrigued by your ideas, and may subscribe to your newsletter

That other gym sounds awesome.  I hope you're able to get it into your schedule and make it work for you!

me to, i'm excited and nervous about tomorrow - hope I can fit it all in

• Like 1

I'm intrigued by your ideas, and may subscribe to your newsletter

Fun fact: I am the only person in an office of 15+ people that wears a suit and tie on a daily basis. Partly as a reaction to everyone trying too hard to look "casual" and partly because especially after the weight loss, I look bitchin' in it B)

right I wanna talk Medicine Ball slams, who does 'em, who doesn't do 'em, who has any thoughts or empirical information either way on 'em?

Do not, under any circumstances, pause for a breather over them before doing Wall Balls. When the sweat-drenched thing drops down, slips from your hands and lands on your face, you'll know why

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker