right I wanna talk Medicine Ball slams, who does 'em, who doesn't do 'em, who has any thoughts or empirical information either way on 'em?

Never done them, but my (purely specualtive) advice is to do them HARD.

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

right I wanna talk Medicine Ball slams, who does 'em, who doesn't do 'em, who has any thoughts or empirical information either way on 'em?

Done them a few times and I absolutely love them, currently don't have the facility, I think they build solid explosive power and great cardio if you do them for time as they're exhausting.

Also what did you think of Mad Max, I thought the action was epic, and the storyline pretty cool and different too

I absolutely loved it, I mean I've seen the others so I kinda knew what to expect but it still blew everything out of the water and left me dazed, it was soooo over the top and in depth and creative and unafraid as a design piece to do whatever the heck it wanted

It seemed a very unabashed piece of art that kept true to it's vision and didn't really pander to people or worry about not being able to please everybody

and it grabbed you by the knackers in the first 30 seconds and refused to let them go and give you a breather until the credits rolled

It has to easily be one of the films that I have enjoyed the most for a long time

• Like 2

I do them at a class I go to. They're fun, they're cathartic. I think they're programmed in as cardio and to balance out all of the hip hinge movements. Anytime you're going from the ground to overhead, even with a relatively light weight, you're bringing your heart rate up.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I do them at a class I go to. They're fun, they're cathartic. I think they're programmed in as cardio and to balance out all of the hip hinge movements. Anytime you're going from the ground to overhead, even with a relatively light weight, you're bringing your heart rate up.

that's good to know - thank you very much

'best laid plans of mice and men' and all that

Up at six to get all my stuff ready for work, make up a healthy lunch and breakfast, all to enable me to get to the gym for when it opens to maximise my chance of getting a full workout in and washing and getting to work on time

It was all going super smoothly, I was on top of it . . . 

. . . then my dad called telling me he needed help moving some 9ft concrete posts he had had delivered to a fence job he is doing

And there went my new trial gym session, yes I still got a bit of a workout in moving the posts but I'm pretty gutted that I didn't get to the new gym I was all ready and excited to give the new routine a try

• Like 1

To be fair you didn't blow of the gym to sit on your arse and eat cake, you swapped for good physical labour which is good. I can see why you'd be disappointed though.

And I agree completely about mad max, it was awesome and I do think seeing the others helps you get a better feel for that movie.

• Like 5

My gym sadly not set up for medicine ball slams. I guess because they would be hard to do while talking on a cell phone.

(Not really being fair to my gym. It's mostly a good place, and plenty of people do legit workouts. If you've seen the movie, it's remarkably like "Average Joe's Gym" from Dodgeball).

Annoying that your workout got derailed, but I think you made the right call. Future chiseled-god ninja Daniel would also help his dad move a bunch of heavy things.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

The lost opportunity isn't missing the gym. It's that we somehow don't have pics of you squating 9' concrete post, curling 9' concrete post, overhead pressing...

Right?!

Also I think having a real life situation to apply the hard work you do in the gym every day is pretty darn awesome, and rewarding.

Also Mad Max, I NEED to see it in the theater again. My gosh. Phenominal all the way around. My new life inspiration is all of the Many Mothers (Vuvalini), those grannies kicked ass and took names!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

To be fair you didn't blow of the gym to sit on your arse and eat cake, you swapped for good physical labour which is good. I can see why you'd be disappointed though.

yea, I was all revved up with no place to go, as it were

Sounds like a functional workout to me, not a problem!

it was better than sitting on my ass, but I was looking forwards to bench pressing!

Future chiseled-god ninja Daniel would also help his dad move a bunch of heavy things.

best sentence of today

• Like 2

The lost opportunity isn't missing the gym. It's that we somehow don't have pics of you squating 9' concrete post, curling 9' concrete post, overhead pressing...

lol, that would have been cool in retrospect. Sadly time constraints meant I jcould only do the bear hug waddle

Also Mad Max, I NEED to see it in the theater again. My gosh. Phenominal all the way around. My new life inspiration is all of the Many Mothers (Vuvalini), those grannies kicked ass and took names!!

yea I think I need to watch it again too

• Like 1

this is exactly what i was thinking

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

so no gym this morning either, which I was already aware was going to happen because I had to come in to work earlier for an over seas conference call.

One day I might actually freaking get there.

At any rate I have been trying something 'off the books' this week, something that I picked up from stalking one of my biggest inspirations/gurus, whether he knows it or not, Gainsdalf

They way he has been tackling his nutrition is to eat like a saintly robot Monday through to Friday night - the whole chicken and vegetable brigade spiel

Then on Friday nights and the weekends he eats what he wants - short of eating like a knob head. Not binge eating cheat meal food orgy style but more eating what he feels like eating.

So I've been giving it a whirl this week, and so far so good. I'm three days in to it now and have been eating more chicken and vegetables than I ever have with any other method.

I don't feel particularly deprived because during the week I was want to eat something quick and easy (which chicken salad and protein shakes are)

But I know at the weekends with having friends and family round for dinner or going out for food or drinks or whatever it uses up a lot of willpower to try and eat strictly, so end up not doing and blowing the whole thing off.

So in short, whilst I haven't made the gym progress I wanted to I am making the nutrition progress I didn't really plan for

funny old world innit?

• Like 6

As long as it works for you, it's all good. Socializing can mess up with nutrition, but as long as you know it'll mostly happen during the end of the week, you can plan accordingly. I live in a place where meat dishes are pretty much the standard, until a few years back there was no chance somebody could go vegetarian and stick with it, not to mention the scorn towards "diets". Going paleo was a revelation, I could just skip the fries and eat ALL the meat, no reason to feel guilty, nutrition was on track and nobody ever noticed or commented. I'm happy to hear you're going somewhere with nutrition. Here's to getting the workouts on track as well

• Like 3

Lvl 58 Multitasker

I have a feeling this belongs here

20130803-132321.jpg

i do believe you hit the nail on the head... so to speak

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Oh god daniel whatever you do don't take a chisel to yourself it's not how it works!

I'm not proud of that joke...

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

so no gym this morning either, which I was already aware was going to happen because I had to come in to work earlier for an over seas conference call.

One day I might actually freaking get there.

At any rate I have been trying something 'off the books' this week, something that I picked up from stalking one of my biggest inspirations/gurus, whether he knows it or not, Gainsdalf

They way he has been tackling his nutrition is to eat like a saintly robot Monday through to Friday night - the whole chicken and vegetable brigade spiel

Then on Friday nights and the weekends he eats what he wants - short of eating like a knob head. Not binge eating cheat meal food orgy style but more eating what he feels like eating.

So I've been giving it a whirl this week, and so far so good. I'm three days in to it now and have been eating more chicken and vegetables than I ever have with any other method.

I don't feel particularly deprived because during the week I was want to eat something quick and easy (which chicken salad and protein shakes are)

But I know at the weekends with having friends and family round for dinner or going out for food or drinks or whatever it uses up a lot of willpower to try and eat strictly, so end up not doing and blowing the whole thing off.

So in short, whilst I haven't made the gym progress I wanted to I am making the nutrition progress I didn't really plan for

funny old world innit?

Plenty of content in this post, but unfortunately all I could manage was:

*snigger* knob head *snigger*

• Like 2

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42