Shaarawy Breaks Free - Matrix Style

shaar

Sub'd! This looks like a fantastic challenge! I'm glad your doing things to take care of you - especially non-screen down time. That's so important in our plugged in world. You're going to ROCK this! :D

And here's a happy Keanu ready to join your epic Challenge!

be8.gif

• Like 2

Level 7 Valkyrie Scout

STR 8 | DEX 7 | STA 10 | CON 7.5 | WIS 13 | CHA 12

Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th
Battle Log

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

IT IS CHALLENGE EVE EVERYONE.

tumblr_mkee37B5O81qbtzbno1_500.gif

I am totally prepared.

I went to GNC and bought an armload of Quest bars today.

I just batch cooked a week's worth of BBQ chicken cobb salads - diced BBQ chicken tenders, hard boiled eggs, corn, black beans, and avocado.  (With lettuce of course.)

Gym clothes are folded and ready.

My allergies are kicking my ARSE today but I ain't even mad.

LET'S GOOOOO REBELS!!!  Week 1 won't even know what hit it!

• Like 12

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

So I guess since it's almost Challenge Eve I will just stick to posting here.  I'm resting up for Monday to hit the ground running so my battle log would be pretty useless anyway!

SO.

Yesterday I had 3 beers, 2 of which I logged and fit into my calories for the day... the third may have gone over gently but it was a local brew not in MFP.  Anyway.

I am totally with Slates, that many beers now is SOOOOOOOO not worth it.  I slept like junk and while I don't have any semblance of a hangover today (the beers were pretty well spaced over a period of time, and I had sufficient water), I just feel sluggish and junky and blech.  No bueno!!  It's funny how a year ago (or less) this wouldn't have really bothered me but now it really bothers me.  I think I've met my booze quota for a couple of weeks now...

On the upside, it didn't affect my weight a bit, I was still at 129 this morning.  Self-brofist for that!

I did the same thing again yesterday. Went to a Pour House, looked amazing, got some ridic monk beer that got me tipsy, had two more of my stashed pumpkin ales......

And then whomp, awful sleep, up at 4:15 with no way to fall back asleep. Bleh. 

Also, have you tried the Quest chips? I might pick a couple up for the heck of it, 120 cals for 20-21g protein, lower fiber than the bars they might be a good afternoon snack. They have that odd baked lays texture but not anything deal-breaking in my opinion. 

• Like 2

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I see you've found your way into the Matrix ... but Neo never left 

tumblr_ndwmyw2MhJ1r04g55o1_500.gif

... he just changed his name to John Wick ;)

• Like 4

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge :  TBD

Ugh allergies are annoying me today!  Eyes slightly blurry and nose stuffed up...

BUT IT'S DAY ONE!!! WOOO!!!!  NOTHING GONNA STOP ME!!

1571978_o.gif

Any flavor recommendations for quest bars?  That cookie dough one is delicious and I know they have a ton more flavors.

• Like 2

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

a batch has to be sent to England or it never happened

Will do, but I take no responsibility for the... uhm... 'quality' of said food upon arrival!  (Yum, science experiments.)

I did the same thing again yesterday. Went to a Pour House, looked amazing, got some ridic monk beer that got me tipsy, had two more of my stashed pumpkin ales......

And then whomp, awful sleep, up at 4:15 with no way to fall back asleep. Bleh. 

Also, have you tried the Quest chips? I might pick a couple up for the heck of it, 120 cals for 20-21g protein, lower fiber than the bars they might be a good afternoon snack. They have that odd baked lays texture but not anything deal-breaking in my opinion. 

UGH BEER WHY YOU DO.  Ugh.

I almost picked up some of the chips yesterday but my eyes were too glittery from all the bars.

Ugh allergies are annoying me today!  Eyes slightly blurry and nose stuffed up...

BUT IT'S DAY ONE!!! WOOO!!!!  NOTHING GONNA STOP ME!!

1571978_o.gif

Any flavor recommendations for quest bars?  That cookie dough one is delicious and I know they have a ton more flavors.

I don't really dig anything too super-chocolatey so I haven't tried a lot of those kinds, but the cookie dough is awesome... my favorites are cookies & cream and the mint cookie one.  SO DELICIOUS.  Strawberry cheesecake is another good one!!  I picked up a peanut butter and jelly yesterday so we'll see how that goes...

• Like 1

Week 01 Day 01

WAHOOO CHALLENGE START!!!

tumblr_ly7vre5IgO1r9o1fho1_500.gif

Weekly weigh in put me just at the edge of 129, almost in the 128 area.

I hate to say it, because I hate doing it, but calorie counting.  IT WORKS.  Bluh.  Anyway.  For the greater good, etc.

Today's update will be fairly short because I predict my work day will be slam bang full of SUPER BUSY FUN so here's lifting day 1/3 this week:

SQ

45x5x2

75x5x5 (PR!)

BP

45x5x2

65x5x1

(deload necessary... no way I'll be able to push 4 more sets of this.  fractionals also conveniently missing so had to drop a whole 10 lbs instead of 5.  grumble.)

55x5x4

ROW

50x5x5

Good Mornings

30x10x2

40x10x2

Man upping the weight on those squats really worked my arse off.  I was wobbly and sweaty and etc. after those sets!  Phew.  Good stuff.

Off to do.... work related things.  I'll check in with everyone later today!!  GOOD LUCK ON DAY 1 EVERYONE!!!!!! :D

• Like 11

I don't really dig anything too super-chocolatey so I haven't tried a lot of those kinds, but the cookie dough is awesome... my favorites are cookies & cream and the mint cookie one.  SO DELICIOUS.  Strawberry cheesecake is another good one!!  I picked up a peanut butter and jelly yesterday so we'll see how that goes...

I'm not a minty person but the cookies and cream one sounds NOM!  They also have smores and cinnamon rolls...

Oh god.  I may go through an entire box of the smores one in one sitting...mmmmmmm smores...

Awesome with upping the weight!  Woo!

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Week 01 Day 01

WAHOOO CHALLENGE START!!!

tumblr_ly7vre5IgO1r9o1fho1_500.gif

Weekly weigh in put me just at the edge of 129, almost in the 128 area.

I hate to say it, because I hate doing it, but calorie counting.  IT WORKS.  Bluh.  Anyway.  For the greater good, etc.

Today's update will be fairly short because I predict my work day will be slam bang full of SUPER BUSY FUN so here's lifting day 1/3 this week:

SQ

45x5x2

75x5x5 (PR!)

BP

45x5x2

65x5x1

(deload necessary... no way I'll be able to push 4 more sets of this.  fractionals also conveniently missing so had to drop a whole 10 lbs instead of 5.  grumble.)

55x5x4

ROW

50x5x5

Good Mornings

30x10x2

40x10x2

Man upping the weight on those squats really worked my arse off.  I was wobbly and sweaty and etc. after those sets!  Phew.  Good stuff.

Off to do.... work related things.  I'll check in with everyone later today!!  GOOD LUCK ON DAY 1 EVERYONE!!!!!! :D

Very nice start!  I told myself I have to get out to the carport and do some barbell work this week, it has been too long.  Those good mornings are kind of fun, I've only done them once, had to ask beefy guys how to do them when I saw they were on my workout, lol.

• Like 1

I ended up having to buy my own fraction weights for that reason.  They're relatively cheap and small to cart to the gym.  Bat weights work well too, are actually cheaper, and fit the barbell perfectly.  The only downside is they are a little less precise in the weight and sometimes when you get 2 they are off from each other by few ounces.

• Like 1

SHARAAWY.

It warms my heart to read this thread, for so many reasons.  First of all YAAY YOU ARE BACK, and also SQUAT PR WAAAT so the best!  And of course, everything here looks awesome and you are going to do amazing things!

But, there is something else.  I have always loved Keanu Reeves, like major dreamboat crush, and for some reason NO ONE ELSE GETS IT except that now you get it and I am very happy.

Keanu-Constantine-1024x723.jpeg

I mean, come on!

constantine-from-neo-to-john-wick-keanu-

constantine-from-neo-to-john-wick-keanu-

• Like 3

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

I'm not a minty person but the cookies and cream one sounds NOM!  They also have smores and cinnamon rolls...

Oh god.  I may go through an entire box of the smores one in one sitting...mmmmmmm smores...

Awesome with upping the weight!  Woo!

OH SMORES.  IS GREAT.  I hear cinnamon roll is also great.... AND.... some people warm it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds so it's a WARM DELICIOUS TREAT.

Omnomnomnomnommnodfnmvdsfas~

Very nice start!  I told myself I have to get out to the carport and do some barbell work this week, it has been too long.  Those good mornings are kind of fun, I've only done them once, had to ask beefy guys how to do them when I saw they were on my workout, lol.

Haha I watched LOTS of YouTube videos first.... just to make sure I was good morning-ing right!!

I ended up having to buy my own fraction weights for that reason.  They're relatively cheap and small to cart to the gym.  Bat weights work well too, are actually cheaper, and fit the barbell perfectly.  The only downside is they are a little less precise in the weight and sometimes when you get 2 they are off from each other by few ounces.

I may eventually need to do this once I plateau stuff - the gym only has 2.5lbs and an extra 5lbs on a bar is gonna make a lot of difference...!!

Happy Challenge Day!!!

Elf.gif

I LOVE CHALLENGES, CHALLENGES ARE MY FAVORITE

all bout dem squatz tho

il_170x135.687724656_qoos.jpg

(you know your outlook on fitness has changed when i'd rather have the squats over the shots...)

Great job on the squat pr, and yeah kcal counting can be dull, but it's insanely effective.

SUPER dull.  Sometimes measuring out stuff or scouring menus ahead of time makes me a little nutty but it really does get the job done...

Lana-gifs-001_0042.gif

susan-strong-stick-o.gif

Hahaha, I hated calorie counting for a while. Now I'm hooked just to see how the numbers impact my weight, physical appearance, mood and performance is something pretty mind blowing. 

RIGHT?!  It also makes hella sense when some days I'm tired/hungry and I look at the numbers I've been eating... tweaking for certain days and stuff... it's kinda neat!!

But, there is something else.  I have always loved Keanu Reeves, like major dreamboat crush, and for some reason NO ONE ELSE GETS IT except that now you get it and I am very happy.

YES.

YES.

FINALLY.

HE IS LIKE MY #1 DREAMBOAT.

Our friendship was meant to be. <3 <3 <3

• Like 2

It really does make such a difference! 5 pounds feels like a lotttt, from my experience with dumbbells.  I'm sure it's the same with barbells.  These are the ones I got, I've used them at home a few times and will be using them at the gym soon.  They're pretty awesome. (20oz=1.25lb if you don't feel like doing the math haha)

• Like 2

You'll definitely want to own some fractionals, if only for your presses. That way you can keep putting weight on the bar when you no  longer can make 5lb jumps. Nothing like progress on squats, welcome to the wobbly squat club.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

It really does make such a difference! 5 pounds feels like a lotttt, from my experience with dumbbells.  I'm sure it's the same with barbells.  These are the ones I got, I've used them at home a few times and will be using them at the gym soon.  They're pretty awesome. (20oz=1.25lb if you don't feel like doing the math haha)

It makes a ginormous difference, yes!!  I can do about 8 hammer curls with a 15lb, but I can barely even do 1 with a 20lb!  Definitely gonna have to look into that :D

How can anyone NOT like Keanu Reeves?? I didn't know such people existed!!

Also, shaarawy, you are amazing and I wanted you to know that your thread always makes me smile. :) I love reading about your progress! You kick serious butt over here!

(Also also, HOW DO YOU HAVE FIVE PAGES ALREADY)

D'AWW SHUCKS *scuffs toes in dirt* <3 <3 You are too sweet!!!

(I HAVE NO IDEA, sometimes these threads multiply like bunnies!!!)

• Like 1

Week 01 Day 02

HUNGRY.  HUNGRY.  STILL HUNGRY.

Sweet tapdancing buddha on a jetski am I hungry today.  My stomach isn't growling but I am legit fatigued, my concentration is fuzzy, I am spacey and sluggish...

JUST LIKE LAST WEEK.

tumblr_mu8683shYS1r0vrb6o1_400.gif

(except, not.  cypher, you turd.)

Well shucks, I am learning, who'da thunk it.  On a whole brand new journey of nutrition and.... stuff.  The calorie counting really didn't matter too much until I started lifting heavy, now it's a learning experience about how much I absolutely need to fuel my body to get work done and build muscle while not overeating and gaining any fat back.  It works.  I've chowed down 522 calories of stuff since breakfast (goodstuff) including a serving of 4% cottage cheese and I feel loads better.  LOADS.  I'm going to keep my calorie count at 1600 (while giving myself some leeway to increase ~50-100 on days I feel I need more nutrients) now for weekdays, backing off a bit on the weekends because they're mostly active rest days, and keep loading up on good snacks.

I really need to work on my breakfast game.  I think I mentioned this somewhere else too but my morning nutrition is somewhat lacking, usually just a protein shake or a 100 cal cottage cheese.  I need to get some batch made bacon and egg things going, methinks.  MOAR FUEL.

Tastee3.jpg

Anyways.  Did some forward bends today for part of my Steampunk Accountability Group and tonight post-dinner I'll be doing some back-oriented yoga, along with some BW squats and a billion situps and burpees for the Warhammer mini because D_R is a wily sadist who rules us under an iron thumb, I tell ya!  (I'm actually predicting I won't have to take a ton of breaks, I'm thinking 2 tops... so only 18 burpees....??)

I scheduled myself a nice 30 minute deep tissue massage for my upper back on my lunch hour today, so I'm off to indulge in that!

Woot!!

• Like 7

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19386-1370862975-7.

*ahem*

OMG THE HUNGER! Finished my second (emergency) lunch just as I was reading your post, as you know it's an issue I've been struggling with for a while too. Funny how things have come full circle, initially we push ourselves to cut down on quantity and once we got quality right, now it's back to the beginning, convincing ourselves that we should actually eat a little more. Breakfast has been a weak spot here as well, solved by batch cooking. Eggs and spicy lamb sausages make a mighty wakeup call.

I am considering adding a meatzza to the batch. You know, kinda like a pizza, but with ground beef instead of crust. Topped with some bacon weave and sliced into bars that I can carry with me for an emergency protein snack

NOM

• Like 4

Lvl 58 Multitasker

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19386-1370862975-7.

*ahem*

OMG THE HUNGER! Finished my second (emergency) lunch just as I was reading your post, as you know it's an issue I've been struggling with for a while too. Funny how things have come full circle, initially we push ourselves to cut down on quantity and once we got quality right, now it's back to the beginning, convincing ourselves that we should actually eat a little more. Breakfast has been a weak spot here as well, solved by batch cooking. Eggs and spicy lamb sausages make a mighty wakeup call.

I am considering adding a meatzza to the batch. You know, kinda like a pizza, but with ground beef instead of crust. Topped with some bacon weave and sliced into bars that I can carry with me for an emergency protein snack

NOM

from someone that has tried a meatzza...... doooooooo it

you will not regret it. 

• Like 1

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -