sylph: "Have fun storming the castle!"

sylph

Alrighty. The Fuckits are absent, time to take advantage of that fact and get some real work done.

Focused Study

anigif_enhanced-buzz-orig-14850-13842316

Man in Black: [intrigued] You've done nothing but study swordplay?

Inigo Montoya: More pursue than study lately. You see, I cannot find him... it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge.

[after a moments' silence, the Man in Black stands up and prepares to battle]

Man in Black: Well I certainly hope you find him someday.

Inigo Montoya: You are ready then?

Man in Black: Whether I am or not, you've been more than fair.

Inigo Montoya: [drawing his sword] You seem a decent fellow... I hate to kill you.

Man in Black: You seem a decent fellow... I hate to die.

Inigo Montoya: [confidently] Begin.

I'm working on a silks routine. Like, REALLY working. As in, this is the routine and I'm not going to change the main skill set/order of skills for two months. Work the routine every week at open gym. Playing with movement and adjusting transitions is allowed required.

Assess Progress

288f06482c447700473e17807f2261b6.jpg

Vizzini: A word, my lady. We are but poor, lost circus performers. Is there a village nearby?

Buttercup: There is nothing nearby... Not for miles.

Vizzini: Then there will be no one to hear you scream.

Video. At least three over the course of the challenge to show myself how things have progressed. I'll compare these to my last "sequence" video for assessment purposes. I may or may not post them along the way, depending on how I feel progress is going. Hopefully, I'll feel good enough about them to at least post the final one.

Straddle

DQZlmo6.gif

Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

Yep. Still working on these. Trying to get that middle split. Still.
Flexy work each week at open gym and at least one other session/week.

Careful on the Beverages

caOn0Mc.gif

Man in Black: Really? In that case, I challenge you to a battle of wits.

Vizzini: For the princess? [The Man in Black nods] To the death? [He nods] I accept.

Man in Black: Good. Then pour the wine. [Vizzini pours the wine, and the Man in Black pulls out a small packet] Inhale this, but do not touch.

Vizzini[sniffs] I smell nothing.

Man in Black: What you do not smell is called iocane powder. It is odorless, tasteless, dissolves instantly in liquid, and is among the more deadlier poisons known to man.

[He puts the goblets behind his back and, presumably, adds the poison to one of them, then sets them down in front of him]

Man in Black: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.

I have to toss this one in here once in awhile when I start to slide. Alcohol only when it's not a school night.

• Like 5

Princess Bride challenge is awesomeness. Looking forward to how your routine progresses. I vote for sharing your video, even if you think it has room for improvement. I can't do anything on silks, so everything you do impresses me. It will gives us a chance to share more in what you are doing and encourage you.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

YOU'VE GOT A SHINY NEW CHALLENGE ALREADY?

inconceivable_princess_bride.gif

:)

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Princess Bride challenge is awesomeness. Looking forward to how your routine progresses. I vote for sharing your video, even if you think it has room for improvement. I can't do anything on silks, so everything you do impresses me. It will gives us a chance to share more in what you are doing and encourage you.

Thanks for that. :) I'm hoping to see some dramatic changes from the initial sequence I posted, but I think even small changes will be nice to see.

YOU'VE GOT A SHINY NEW CHALLENGE ALREADY?

inconceivable_princess_bride.gif

:)

I had a sudden brain wave and everything fell together pretty quickly. So, I guess I'm kind of doing an 8 week challenge?

Here for dis

Welcome aboard again. :)

• Like 1

So excited to see this development! I'm in!

Yay!

Nice!  My favorite movie :)

I can quote the entire thing. My husband nearly refuses to watch it with me, now. :)

Mine too.

I would love to see your Aerial routine!  I really want to get up the nerve to try this so watching someone else work through it would be great.

Hi!

Dooooo eeeeet!! I've been at it for almost two years now (wow!) and it's my favorite thing eeeeeeever.

If you're interested (or anyone who hadn't seen it before) this is my very first (well, only) performance, just before Halloween last year.

I'm planning for the sequence I'm working on now will develop into my next one. Here's the very beginning bones of it (posted in my last challenge thread as well). Not nearly long enough, yet and it needs to be prettified and simultaneously tightened up and loosened up (I realize that makes no sense to anyone but me)

And here's the song it'll go to:

• Like 3

Week -2, Day 3

Focused Study

Silks open gym tonight was good. I worked on the pieces of my routine both separately and together. I worked on a bit of play while doing them, which I am terrible at. I felt mostly silly, but it is what it is. I also worked on some other skills on the silks (some climbs, hip keys, etc.) as well as handstands, headstands, shoulder stand, etc. on the ground

Assess Progress

Not yet.

0/3

Straddle

Yep. Lots of stretchy time before and after open gym work. DOMS from my last leg workout made these... interesting.

1/16

Watch the Beverages

None last night, none yet today.

I like the song, got a nice chilled out vibe to it. Just a tad different from the original. ;)

Just a little. :)

It reminds me of something that should be in Pulp Fiction. To me I get this kind of lazy, smirk-y, disdainful confidence feeling from it. Not quite cocky, since that would be too energetic, but a "I could do whatever I wanted if I wanted...I just don't want to" kind of thing.

Oh yeah, here for this.

I'm doing a middle splits PVP this challenge as this is an area that needs improvement for me as well.  Want to join???  It's in my signature.

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I do hope you'll go for the same feel in your act. Smirk included.

That's definitely the vibe I'm going for. Possibly with a costume/make up that somehow evokes this:

c62f2715cae38867_Pulp-Fiction-Uma-Thurma

or something similar

Oh yeah, here for this.

I'm doing a middle splits PVP this challenge as this is an area that needs improvement for me as well.  Want to join???  It's in my signature.

hmm... perhaps. I will check it out at least. :)

• Like 1

Oooh, I like Mia-inspiration for that. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I look forward to seeing your progress on this - silks are impressive!

I look forward to seeing my progress, too. :)

Wow. Wow. Um...wow. I cannot imagine ever being that strong! Thanks for posting your routine, very inspirational!

Everyone starts from somewhere. :) I highly recommend silks to anyone who's remotely interested. Even as a raw beginner, it's possible to do some super cool stuff.

Oooh, I like Mia-inspiration for that. 

Seems to fit, kinda, right?

you are SO ON IT for this challenge!

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Oh yeah.

The nice thing about circus is that I could go to open gym in costume and full performance makeup and no one would really bat an eye. :) I don't think this'll be ready for the next student showcase (end of June) so once it's "done" I think it'll have to be a video performance.

you are SO ON IT for this challenge!

:) I'm looking forward to it a lot. Glad you're back in to cheer me on.

• Like 1

Week -2, Day 5

No silks or workout yesterday. I have a fairly firm rule about not working out on Fridays

Focused Study
No silks yesterday

Assess Progress
No silks yesterday
0/3

Straddle
None yesterday

Watch the Beverages
Last night was not a school night, so I was free to mix myself a couple drinks after dinner.