Kellie's Theory of Being Happy & Healthy (June 8 - July 19)

I'm going to get right down to business with the start of the next 6WC. I will be posting a bit more information about me on a health-level so that I can keep myself accountable and on the right track.

Hypothesis One: Twenty minutes of Yoga every day for six weeks.

You will notice that this remains the same as my previous challenge. After much thought, I wanted to keep this goal. I did not accomplish 20 minutes every day for every week and I know I can do that. I considered upping the amount of time from 20 to 30; however, I want to be able to maintain the daily exercise at the 20 minutes a day rather than try and up the amount of time and not complete it.

+STR

+DEX

+STA

tumblr_m48axePTOG1rn4qwao1_500.gif

A: Yoga Every Day each week (5)

STR +2; DEX +1.5; STA +1.5

B: Yoga 5 Days each week (4)

STR +1.5; DEX +1.5; STA +1

C: Yoga 3 Days each week (3)

STR +1; DEX +1; STA +1

D: Yoga 1 Day each week (2)

STR +.5; DEX +1; STA +.5

F: No Yoga (0)

No Points!

Hypothesis 2: Food Cloud

I have come up with an idea to help both myself and my Mom with our intake of food ... or lack there of. I am working on putting this together and will be done prior to the start of the next 6WC, but I am going to create a Food Cloud. This will encompass ideas for breakfast, snacks, and lunch. These are things that I find myself struggling with on a daily basis and either don't eat anything at all or make lousy choices. This will be beneficial to my Mom as well as she needs to take in a certain amount of Calcium and Vitamin D through food along with her vitamins.

+CON

tumblr_m3ozh0gKkF1qj74sxo1_500.gif

After many a sketch and brainstorm session, I think I have it all narrowed down to how it's going to work.

Breakfast is my worst meal. Either I don't eat anything at all or I don't eat anything worth calling breakfast. I always said it was my least favorite meal, but that was because I just never knew what to really eat. Or I didn't feel like making a huge breakfast. Well, that needs to change. Cooking up a few eggs is not a big deal. Pair it with some spinach, fruit, or even some bacon and it's a great start. Even a waffle with a nut butter and fruit rather than loads of butter and syrup is a good choice.

Snacks are also an enemy. While my snacking is done in moderation, I can do better with my choices. Again, many of my choices are based on convenience. Taking the time to put together a bright and healthy snack is much more fulfilling (as I'm finding out) than not!

Thus, the Food Cloud will consist of breaking down ideas for Breakfast and Snacks. As I'm also working on the budget set for groceries, there is nothing too fancy. Fortunately, I have a few handy articles on eating healthy on a budget.

All foods will be high in protein and calcium and also include other key nutrients. The item that's eaten will be placed in the appropriate category (Breakfast or Snack) for assessment at the end of the day. It's really to show me that there are plenty of options to choose from to have a filling breakfast and a good snack when the munchies strike. I don't have to constantly eat the same thing to keep on a healthy track and can add a little of "this" to "that" for a change.

A: Successful Breakfast and Snack Choice every day/week (5)

F: Girl, what are doing!? (0) 

Hypothesis 3: New exercise a week

Along with my yoga, I am going to implement a new exercise a week. This will not include a whole routine, but a beginner-level action to get myself started. I do love yoga, but I know there are a variety of walking exercises I can do since the weather is nice. There are also plenty of strength and aerobic exercises out there on the internet that can be done with things found around the house. Staying fit on a budget can be tough, but fun!

+WIS

+CHA

tumblr_lqg9wqNDgB1qj74sxo1_500.gif

A: Introduce Six New Exercises/Activities (5)

WIS +2.5; CHA +2.5

B: Introduce Four New Exercises/Activities (4)

WIS +2; CHA +2

C: Introduce Two New Exercises/Activities (3)

WIS +1.5; CHA +1.5

D: Introduce One New Exercise/Activity (2)

WIS +1; CHA +1

F: No New Exercises (0)

No points!

Life Quest: One new recipe a week

I love trying new food and new things. The summer issues for Good Housekeeping and the like have such a great selection of new summer recipes that I can't wait to try. Again, after chatting with my Mom about the idea, she thought this was such a great way to introduce new things to the family.

+WIS

tumblr_m3hgdteNLD1qg8gy8o6_r1_500.gif

A: Six New Recipes Made! (5)

WIS+5

B: Four New Recipes Made! (4)

WIS +4

C: Three New Recipes Made! (3)

WIS +3

D: Two New Recipes Made! (2)

WIS +1

F: No New Recipes Made! (0)

No points!

This particular 6WC was actually created with the feedback and input from my Mom. This makes this particular one pretty special. Seeing her enthusiasm at my quest and goal choices was immensely uplifting. She is going to help me with the Food Cloud and we are going to make something visual to keep in the kitchen.

In addition to the above, I am going to attempt the No Soda PVP challenge. I wasn't a huge soda drinker before, but I've been drinking it more and more recently. It's as if I turned off the radar to drink water and have consumed waaaay too much sugar. Time to nip it in the bud before it gets out of control!  :boxing:

Along with my journey above, I am going to discipline myself into waking up at a set time and going to bed at a set time. I have been making too many excuses for not getting things done when I can easily make the time for myself. I think getting up in the morning and doing my yoga and then having reading/me time was doing really well for me. I can tell that my whole schedule has been thrown off because I am so darn sleepy during the day again. NO MORE. That's gotta change ASAP and I am going to stick with it.

• Like 7

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

MFP: kelliefications | battlelog | NF instagram

The NF Society

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

STR 2.25 DEX 2.25 STA 2.25 CON 4 WIS 7 CHA 10.25

campaign -  act iiiact iiact i

Starting weight: 273.4

When I started doing these challenges, I was near the 280 point, so thanks NF!

I may put measurements up later this week, but if not, weight is still good to track! If I don't put my measurements, I may record new exercises here and new recipes below. :)

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

FOOD CLOUD, I can't wait to see more details on the food cloud!!

Will it be, like... a cloud full of ideas you can pull from?? :o Or something otherwise mysterious??

You and your mom = like PB&J man, this challenge is now QUADRUPLE full of awesome!!!!! [emoji178] [emoji178] [emoji178] [emoji178]

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Will it be, like... a cloud full of ideas you can pull from?? :o Or something otherwise mysterious??

You and your mom = like PB&J man, this challenge is now QUADRUPLE full of awesome!!!!! [emoji178] [emoji178] [emoji178] [emoji178]

YES! That is EXACTLY what it is going to be! Ideas for breakfast here, ideas for lunch there, and snacks over yonder! I'm going to look up foods high in protein, calcium, vitamin d, iron, etc. The only meal I'm not worrying about is dinner since we usually have that planned ahead of time, and it usually encompasses a good balance of the healthy things.

PB&J IS GOING IN THE CLOUD .... just saying.

• Like 5

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

YES! That is EXACTLY what it is going to be! Ideas for breakfast here, ideas for lunch there, and snacks over yonder! I'm going to look up foods high in protein, calcium, vitamin d, iron, etc. The only meal I'm not worrying about is dinner since we usually have that planned ahead of time, and it usually encompasses a good balance of the healthy things.

PB&J IS GOING IN THE CLOUD .... just saying.

Almond Butter?

I find it's wonderful with an apple or celery.

Or cashew butter -- too delicious! Add in some chocolate chips and it's a real treat.

• Like 3

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Almond Butter?

I find it's wonderful with an apple or celery.

Or cashew butter -- too delicious! Add in some chocolate chips and it's a real treat.

CASHEW BUTTER! I feel like I've used a lot of caps locking so far, but it's essential in most posts.

I love anything with cashew. I tried the new cashew milk and it is DELICIOUS. I made a smoothie the other day with it, crunchy peanut butter, and raspberries ... it was like drinking a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Nut butters are definitely essential.

• Like 3

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Yah, I too like this food could idea, I can't wait to hear more about it. 

• Like 1

Aranel Eraisuithiel

Class/Profession: Half-elf  Druid/Scout – Level 1/1

Current Attributes: STR: 1, DEX: 1, STA: 4, CON: 3, WIS: 4, CHA: 2

Current Challenge:  Aranel Tries This Whole Thing Again

Previous Challenges: Aranel Ventures Forth

Aranel's Rather Sketchy and not Wholly Complete Travel Logs.

Foooood clouuuuuud. Now I'm just picturing the Glow Cloud from Welcome to Night Vale except instead of dropping dead animals it drops delicious wonderful things!

I store a lot of my food ideas in Evernote, because the search function is just epic. 

Also, the discussion about cashew butter/milk and chocolate chips just gave me an idea to share, if you're not opposed to oatmeal! It's cribbed from this oatmeal bowl recipe, but I would use oats, good dark chocolate chips, cashew milk, and peanut butter. I imagine it like a Reese's cup breakfast, but not full of terrible chemical-y things like the cereal.

All hail the food cloud!

• Like 1

~*~ WanderingLiz ~*~

(no longer wandering off the path of health) 

Current Challenge:  | Previous Challenges: Finding Peace of MindChaos Maintenance!

Welcome back!

Any kind of nut butter is great!

You should try some veggies and fruits. Apples and celery are great, but my hidden secret weakness are apricots with almond butter ;) Not that time yet, but soon!

Good luck!

• Like 1

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Yay for giving up soda!

Sent from my KFAPWA using Tapatalk

• Like 1

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

I think the specifics for the mysterious Food Cloud are almost complete! I feel like a mad scientist right now ... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

tumblr_lsw74ryuE51r02mqz.gif

• Like 6

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Great setup for a challenge!  I was browsing, looking for things fellow NF peeps and I have in common, and the snacking hurdle totally hits home! I've subbed to see what you come up with over the next few weeks and if I find any of my own favorite snacks throughout my challenge, I'll share!  My challenge is completely food based this time, so it's going to be a focus of mine.  Good luck! 

• Like 1

Level 5 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 13 | DEX 4 | STA  2 | CON  13 | WIS 11 | CHA 8

Try Not. Do, or do not. There is no try. 

Challenges 1 2 3 4 Daily Battle Log    PVP: YAYOG

Great setup for a challenge!  I was browsing, looking for things fellow NF peeps and I have in common, and the snacking hurdle totally hits home! I've subbed to see what you come up with over the next few weeks and if I find any of my own favorite snacks throughout my challenge, I'll share!  My challenge is completely food based this time, so it's going to be a focus of mine.  Good luck! 

Welcome!! I will be happy to share any nifty food and snack ideas I find. :D

*waiting for mysterious food cloud*

giphy.gif

*CACKLE*

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

Day One Recap

All in all today was a great success! It felt so good to get back into a routine. Morning yoga before anything else really helped energize my day. I'm using the app Daily Yoga, which has proved a lot of fun thus far. As a belated birthday present, I was gifted a year of the Pro service mostly because it was 25% and hey! Good deals are good.

I did a few of the free morning routines to get to my twenty minute mark. I am so rusty, though. I haven't done yoga religiously for a bit and I can really tell. My balance is already wobbly again.

Touch%20your%20Toes.gif

I didn't let it bother me, though. I just kept going and held on to the wall when I needed to. I did my best not to favor it, though. I need to build up good balance, strength, and stamina. Babying it even when I'm getting back into the groove won't help make it better. /FLEX

The Food Cloud idea! It actually is working really well. My breakfast consisted of 2 cups of Oatmeal Crisp Triple Berry cereal with 2 cups of skim milk. The protein was acceptable, the calcium was great, and the iron and fiber were A+! I also had my usual morning cup of coffee a bit after.

I wasn't hungry until lunch, which consisted of tuna salad made with real mayo, chopped celery, chopped green olives, hemp hearts, and flax seeds. I had it on a garden veggie-flavored wrap with pickles. Accompanying it were cucumber slices and five grape tomatoes. Best. Lunch. Ever. Seriously. It was so delicious. I am so proud of it. Yay tuna salad! I had a good helping of water as I brewed up a new iced tea K-Cup. Unsweeted black tea with passion fruit. I added some honey, but I wasn't a huge fan of the flavor. It was cold and refreshing, though, so it's all good! Water, water, water. I did get two glasses in right at the end, too.

Dinner included this week's new recipe!...and it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great. Being in a house where we prefer white meat chicken over dark meat, I think the cut of chicken may have had something to do with it. I attempted a Mahogany chicken glaze with roasted broccoli and asparagus paired with honey garlic noodles. The latter was compliments of Knorr sidekicks. I didn't want to get TOO fancy. The chicken was nice and tender, but there were things lacking with the taste. I ended up added a table spoon of Plum Sauce to the side of my plate to dip the chicken in. Not a complete loss, though! The vegetables were delicious and the noodles were tasty!

I also may have channeled my inner Martha Stewart as I ended up baking a german chocolate cake with coconut pecan icing (my Mom's favorite!) and a batch of cherry chip-it cupcakes. Half were iced with key lime flavored icing and the other half with cream cheese flavored. I had two cupcakes throughout the day, though the first I had to have. It got squished while putting the icing on! Ahem. The second I had after dinner. Little cheat things, but they were worth it.

I went the entire day without soda, which is definitely a goal in my PVP quest to abolish soda from my every day intake.

tumblr_n7h38udBrI1s4hjb0o1_500.gif

So, all in all:

20 Minutes of Yoga: CHECK

New Exercise: 0/6 complete

Food Cloud: So far successful!

Life Quest Progress: 1/6 complete!

tumblr_mxfz1gXGEB1s4xdz1o1_500.gif

• Like 4

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society

my mouth is watering at the sound of mahogany chicken glaze.  It sounds very delicious though I have no idea what might make it so.. 

Congrats on a great first day. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Dropping in to see how the week's been going!

(and to waggle my eyebrows at the food cloud)

(waggle waggle)

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

UGH! Sorry for disappearing after Day One, folks! I had a bit of an icky sickness that left me feeling completely drained, managing migraine-level headaches, and feeling generally gross. My appetite is doing so-so, which is making paying homage to the food cloud a bit difficult. Fortunately, Activia + fruit + protein granola = okay!

I tried to narrow down if it was something I ate or drank that brought on those feelings, but I can't pinpoint anything. The day I started to feel weak and nauseous, I had done a different yoga routine. Seated poses, but nothing that should have been bothersome. It was the only day that I felt absolutely zapped and then the following days were sick and headachey. I was drinking lots of water and eating what I could. It's just really strange, but I'm glad I'm starting to feel better.

I introduced myself to bed yoga (which is literally yoga done in bed) for when I wasn't feeling 100%. I still wanted to keep up with my 20 minutes, so I did what I could!

So, doing a quick round-up!

Wednesday & Thursday - A all around despite feeling gross and sick!

Even with the food cloud, I still feel like I'm missing something. I'm lacking protein or something. I've been doing, at least, one cycle of the Energizer routine for NF Society when I start to feel sluggish. I'm drinking water and I'm having only one cup of coffee. I've also not had soda in nearly a week. It's so confusing! Maybe it's just a phase that my body is going through? A strange detox of sorts?

EITHER WAY! I'm doing what I can when I can. Tomorrow is Saturday and therefore no alarms! I've been sleeping fairly well but maybe my subconscious has been feeling otherwise. I will say that this gray, rainy weather is NOT helping. Where are you, sun?????

• Like 4

Kellie

Level 3 Hobbit Druid

The NF Society