Years ago I practiced taekwondo regularly, as well as fencing and arnis. Now I'm just trying to get my kicks above waist height and stop gasping after every set of ten..

Never heard of arnis - googled it. Souds lot like escrima(same roots I guess) I always wanted to try escrima. European swordsmanship practically doesn't use two swords. Especially two short ones.

Anyway, my main question is: Is it any good for larping ? :redface-new:

• Like 1

Never heard of arnis - googled it. Souds lot like escrima(same roots I guess) I always wanted to try escrima. European swordsmanship practically doesn't use two swords. Especially two short ones.

Anyway, my main question is: Is it any good for larping ? :redface-new:

I would imagine the answer to be "oh my yes". It certainly surprised my fellow fencers when we tried an impromptu sparring session. Although, remembering, it was the jodo practitioner who thumped everybody.

• Like 3

Hallo! :D

So tomorrow I go make a complete fool out of myself go kick ass with Team True North at the 2015 Mudd Sweat and Tears (like Tough Mudder, but.... colder, and with more hills, because Canada). I am on a team with skinny people, hippies and writers, and I apparently outweigh any two of them.  Here goes nothing!

• Like 2

Aloha,

So this scary ambassador guy, who won't let me eat bacon till my hearts and bellies content, redirected me here. I am not naming any names. but I am looking at you. :D

I am currently 29. And battling weight and stuff and some other people who make my live miserable. 

Anyhow, I have always been very active in the martial arts region 

Like Tae kwon do, karate, muay thai, boxing. And a lot of football, soccer for the USA. However I twisted my knee and it went all downhill from that. So I started to eat so much candy, chocolate, junkfood I got major fat. To be honest, I absolutely hate going to the gym. It is so, repetitive. And ugh. But I have been pushing to go and go and go. And I am noticing a difference But I find it quite boring.

I am bald already, so I could become a monk and be kick ass like the monk in D3!

Anything you would like to know about me, just ask. Oh and I would some people to kick my virtual behind, to stay motivated :D
  • Like 3

Um... hi...

*tries unsuccessfully to blend back into the wall

Okay, my ninja-vanish move isn't working so:

• Turning 35 this July
  • I used to be obese - my heaviest was 197, which is not good for a small-boned, 5'6 frame - but now my pants size is down from 38 at the waist to 32.  Haven't weighed myself recently ('cause I don't really care that much about that as long as my clothes fit better and I move better)
  • I've done Judo and Taekwondo as a kid and teenager respectively, then I stayed away from physical activity well into my mid-twenties.  At that point I was really unhealthy, struggling with an addiction to cigarettes and just being a couch potato.  I'd tried Aikido for the first time when I was 23, but the rest of my life happened and it was only three years later that I finally decided to go back to the mat.  I joined my current dojo where I met the woman who later became my wife.  Later I took up FMA and liked it so those are my current physical activities.
  • I've been asked more than once if I played golf (it's a thing in my family and our circles), which I understand but sometimes I'm tired of being asked so one time I told the person asking, "I hit people, not balls."
  • Oh and I'm glad I'm not the only bald one here.  I'm practically monk in everything except outfit. You know what's funny?  The two other black belts in my dojo are also bald - well, not completely, we shave our heads and all - but the running joke is that we require newly minted shodans to shave their heads.  The black belts in our sister dojo all have a full head of hair except for one, so the joke is that they shaved it off but they've been training so long their hair grew back.
  • Like 2

Welcome!  Sounds like you've been fairly successful in the past, way to go!  Shogun will be glad to have another ninja around, too.

I understand but sometimes I'm tired of being asked so one time I told the person asking, "I hit people, not balls."

Also, I may steal this in the future.  Especially when I was bigger, I was ALWAYS asked if I played football.  I hate sports.  It was a really annoying question.  So I feel your pain.