So Kishi, I just bought a 53# kettlebell (got it on sale for $34.99-- jackpot) and finished S&S with it within 15 minutes. (Not too sure. It was a Katy Perry and 2 Ariana Grande songs.) How's your progress doing?

By the way, I found some RKC stuff that you may enjoy.

Sissy Test

Deep 6

I'm coming along on my progress. I'm currently at 6x10 one arm swings with a couple of sets of H2H followed by a couple sets of 2H. I have to be careful with them - if I don't pay attention, I find that I'll just belt out sets of one arm and I don't quite feel like my body's ready for it yet. My lower back talks to me if I go too hard or too fast.

Turkish Get Ups are coming along, especially when I made the connection that a packed shoulder isn't the same as a square shoulder - lots of anti-shrugging and activation of the lats. So, last week, I was able to hit all five Get Ups on each side. So this week I'm going to transition over to the kneel.

Those tests look exciting! Once I'm on to 32KG, I'll be looking for tests and such to do, and so far all I had was the 10K Swing Test. I'll definitely take a look at these. :)

So, when you say you hit S&S, you mean that you hit the standard on both of those? 24 KG on both?

Yeah, with a 24kg I got 100 one-arm swings in 5 and 10 getups in 10. (I'd been using a thick-handled 45 pounder with a 10-pound sandbag attached, and that's been messing up my hands.) I figure I'll milk it for at least two more weeks before moving up to a 32kg. One of those things costs like a hundred bucks at Rogue or KB USA, so I'll probably have to watch out for one at Play It Again Sports. I'm trying to go for the RKC Rite Of Passage before the year is up, and maybe move on to Return Of The Kettlebell if all goes well. Going for Sinister goals seems insane to me, especially for a guy my size. Haha

Had some fun with my kettlebells yesterday though.

11692582_10152890723396965_212293220323311665645_10152891021886965_5549440565985

• Like 6

Hah! Nice paint job on those! Also, super-exciting that you hit S&S. Awesome, man. And yeah, $100 for a KB? Yeah, that's gonna be painful.

Also, you never know. If you manage to hit those other challenges, maybe going for Sinister wouldn't be so crazy.

Yeah, with a 24kg I got 100 one-arm swings in 5 and 10 getups in 10. (I'd been using a thick-handled 45 pounder with a 10-pound sandbag attached, and that's been messing up my hands.) I figure I'll milk it for at least two more weeks before moving up to a 32kg. One of those things costs like a hundred bucks at Rogue or KB USA, so I'll probably have to watch out for one at Play It Again Sports. I'm trying to go for the RKC Rite Of Passage before the year is up, and maybe move on to Return Of The Kettlebell if all goes well. Going for Sinister goals seems insane to me, especially for a guy my size. Haha

Had some fun with my kettlebells yesterday though.

11692582_10152890723396965_212293220323311665645_10152891021886965_5549440565985

I do not think I can express how much I love these.  Especially the Nightmare Before Christmas ones.

Took my last big step last night with regards to preparing for my black belt test in the fall. My instructor surprised me by having me grab the paper and wood for breaking with my wooden sword. Now, this might not sound all that impressive but let me explain in a bit more detail.

You see we take a piece of wood about a foot long and about an inch to an inch and a half thick. We then hang that horizontally between two rings of paper. These rings of paper are then suspended on the blades of two live (sharp) swords. I then have to do a downward cut between the two sword blades WITHOUT tearing the paper that is being used to suspend the wood and break said piece of wood. I had been really worried about being able to do it after my last testing but my instructor was confident with me.

So, when he had me get the items to do it we had a full class preparing for their own testing on Wednesday. Everyone did their paper cutting and then we set up for me and I took my swing. And I did it! My instructor and our highest black belts were holding the swords and when it was all done the black belt said to the instructor "We'll be able to use these paper rings again, it was that clean". I felt pretty proud after that. :)

• Like 7

Took my last big step last night with regards to preparing for my black belt test in the fall. My instructor surprised me by having me grab the paper and wood for breaking with my wooden sword. Now, this might not sound all that impressive but let me explain in a bit more detail.

You see we take a piece of wood about a foot long and about an inch to an inch and a half thick. We then hang that horizontally between two rings of paper. These rings of paper are then suspended on the blades of two live (sharp) swords. I then have to do a downward cut between the two sword blades WITHOUT tearing the paper that is being used to suspend the wood and break said piece of wood. I had been really worried about being able to do it after my last testing but my instructor was confident with me.

So, when he had me get the items to do it we had a full class preparing for their own testing on Wednesday. Everyone did their paper cutting and then we set up for me and I took my swing. And I did it! My instructor and our highest black belts were holding the swords and when it was all done the black belt said to the instructor "We'll be able to use these paper rings again, it was that clean". I felt pretty proud after that. :)

Cannot like this post enough.

• Like 2

Dude that is... just awesome. Congrats!

• Like 1

Well, as a follow up to my earlier post we had a demonstration in front of city hall here for the Multicultural festival that is held every year. It was a bit of a tight spot for us as compared to last year but overall we made the best of it and everyone did well since we were in a rush due to some acts cancelling at quite literally the last few minutes. But I thought I would post the video for it for everyone to see. As well, it gives you guys a demonstration of what I was talking about (and I managed to break it again without tearing the paper!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzUmNDPubTU&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2