jskuzmick | Unleash the Firestorm

Got home at midnight last night...was too tired to post.

Weird Al wana total blast! There were so many people there that they were parking us out along the road,and when we got inside it was standing room only left. It would have been nice to be closer, but it was still a really fun concert.

Note to self, finding the ridiculous and laughing at life is good for the soul.:) must do that more often!

To sum up yesterday....

LQ: did the laundry before packing up

Q1: meditated whle I waited for everyone else to start their day

Q2: did my 6.5 mile biker idle on the stationary bike 26:30 ... Shaved 30 secs off my time. :) (yay)

Q3: stuck to my calories: 1411 to be exact

We're now home from vacation. I am absolutely exhausted, but we had a great week! I plan on slowly unpacking the rest of the day, and napping a lot.

• Like 4

Another day done. Strangely I think it was easier for me to work on my challenges while on vacation simply because it was supposed to be so much more inconvenient. I think I had it in my head that come hell or high water I was going to make sure that everything got done... Now that I'm back home and was "lazin'" away my Saturday it seemed to be much tougher to get going.... I got up early, drank my protein shake, and went straight back to bed!

Regardless. I got everything done today.

LQ: did three loads today. All folded and put away. There's plenty more to do tomorrow...

Q1: meditated late in the morning. I find that it's a good way to take a break from whatever I'm doing, and also a good habit to bypass some mindless munching... U

Q2: I walked for 20 min. today. I wanted to test my current progress with my tendinitis issue. I put on my best hiking boots and used my arch supports. If anything I had too much arch support! But it didn't seem to stress my foot too much. It's hard to make myself go slow! I want to be able to move again!

Q3: I stuck with my calories. 1417 today. It got really difficult toward early evening. I'd pretty much eaten all my favorite stuff, and had zucchini left. I was expecting it to be boring, but was actually quite good sautéed with some salt and pepper. Why am I always forgetting that I like vegetables? The hardest part was dealing with my boredom. I finally broke down and watched some tv around 7:00 -a real rarity for me, but I needed the distraction that would keep me away from the kitchen. I've still got some mega munchies, but I'm sure I can hold out until tomorrow. I know that if it weren't for this challenge, those french fries sitting in the freezer would so be weighing me down right now!

On another note, I've been contemplating adding another quest to my challenge. My house is full of unfinished projects that are hanging over my head, and every time I walk past one it adds that much more stress to my already over stressed life. I want to get rid of some of the guilt for not finishing so many things. So starting tomorrow I've got three projects I want to have done by the end of the challenge:

P1: finish the remainder of the costume shirts that I started over a year ago. (They're for my son's school).

P2: finish knitting the pair of socks that I'm making for my boss. She bought the yarn sometime last summer, and I still haven't finished them!

P3: finish the quilt that I started over 5 years ago. All that left is the quilting and its a crib sized quilt. It was supposed to be for my niece when she was born, but since she's outgrown it now, I think I'm going to add it to the other quilts displayed in the front office at work.

There it's official. I said it, and I'll do it!

Now I'm just going to read in bed and hopefully fall asleep sooner than later

• Like 1

One more day in the bag

I had to go to work today even though it was a Sunday. I had a lot of catching up to do before our school's summer camp starts tomorrow. Oh well, it was nice to have the place to myself with no one bugging me to do stuff for them...

I made the mistake of not staggering my meals well enough throuout the day. I was pretty hungry this morning, so by the time 5:30 pm rolled around all I had left to eat were beans! Lesson learned I pretty much managed the rest of the evening with sparkling mineral water. I've still got the munchies though.

Whenever I'm bored the first thing I think about is still food. So I contented myself with working on the costume shirts instead. I've had the pieces cut out for all of them for over a year. Most of them are even half finished. I just have to blinkin' finish the buggers. If I work on them for an hour or so each night, this project should be done by the end of the week.

It's funny how I'm always complaining about how I don't have enough time in my life to do all the things I want. Now, when I put my book(s) down and stop stuffing my face, time seems to drag! Go figure. I do have time to do stuff. It's all about how I choose to use it. Looks like it took me 40 years to figure that one out

Well, that's enough of the random thoughts tumbling around in my head.

LQ: did the laundry after I got home from work.

Q1: meditated before ending the day. Thoughts are still all over the place, but I like the quiet time.

Q2: took another walk after I got home from work. It took me 30 min. because I'm still going kind of slow. I didn't bring my dog this time because I was afraid she would pull me too fast. I was testing out my Tevas (awesome shoes by the way - love 'em!). She made me feel the guilt!

Q3: 1411 calories today. Ate some yummy food today, but I'll try to plan better tomorrow to space my meals out so that I'm not stuck with nothing at the end of the day.

Project: spent two hours working on costume shirts. I'll be so happy when these things are done!

Time for bed!

• Like 3

One more day in the bag

I had to go to work today even though it was a Sunday. I had a lot of catching up to do before our school's summer camp starts tomorrow. Oh well, it was nice to have the place to myself with no one bugging me to do stuff for them...

I made the mistake of not staggering my meals well enough throuout the day. I was pretty hungry this morning, so by the time 5:30 pm rolled around all I had left to eat were beans! Lesson learned I pretty much managed the rest of the evening with sparkling mineral water. I've still got the munchies though.

Whenever I'm bored the first thing I think about is still food. So I contented myself with working on the costume shirts instead. I've had the pieces cut out for all of them for over a year. Most of them are even half finished. I just have to blinkin' finish the buggers. If I work on them for an hour or so each night, this project should be done by the end of the week.

It's funny how I'm always complaining about how I don't have enough time in my life to do all the things I want. Now, when I put my book(s) down and stop stuffing my face, time seems to drag! Go figure. I do have time to do stuff. It's all about how I choose to use it. Looks like it took me 40 years to figure that one out

Well, that's enough of the random thoughts tumbling around in my head.

LQ: did the laundry after I got home from work.

Q1: meditated before ending the day. Thoughts are still all over the place, but I like the quiet time.

Q2: took another walk after I got home from work. It took me 30 min. because I'm still going kind of slow. I didn't bring my dog this time because I was afraid she would pull me too fast. I was testing out my Tevas (awesome shoes by the way - love 'em!). She made me feel the guilt!

Q3: 1411 calories today. Ate some yummy food today, but I'll try to plan better tomorrow to space my meals out so that I'm not stuck with nothing at the end of the day.

Project: spent two hours working on costume shirts. I'll be so happy when these things are done!

Time for bed!

Nice work!  You are my inspiration.  Trying to keep the counters clean alone are kicking my butt.  I love the drive.  You got this!!

CC

Level 3 Ranger

STR 2.5 | STA 4.1 | DEX 2.25 | CON 7.6 | WIS 7.4 | CHA 2.03

Current Challenge: on hiatus

Previous Challenges: Ranger June 8-July 19, 2015Recruit April 13-May 25, 2015

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity"

-Abraham Lincoln

It's funny how I'm always complaining about how I don't have enough time in my life to do all the things I want. Now, when I put my book(s) down and stop stuffing my face, time seems to drag! Go figure. I do have time to do stuff. It's all about how I choose to use it.

I am recently figuring this out too, or some variant of it - life lately has been very busy but in those pockets where I have nothing to do........ time really seems to drag!!  Sorting stuff out in your brain is tough sometimes, haha..

You're doing great!!

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

So today had a few tough hurdles. I don't have the pleasure of all the vacation perks the first week had, and my life seems relatively dull doing the basic everyday work routine. I find im hungry all the time... Or at least I think I'm hungry. If I have any down time at all, I find myself counting the minutes until I can have my next meal. I need something to look forward to during the day, and I think that is a big part of my problem! I'm desperate for something to look forward to. It's taking a lot of mental energy to convince myself to hold out just a little while longer. My body needs to adapt to this new routine, and my mind especially is having little mini temper tantrums. I need to figure out how to get more fun I my day.

My son was having a hard time with his icecream this evening. Our freezer makes it pretty hard. I held my breath as much as possible so that I didn't have to smell the deliciousness!

The boys were also watching TV. How many frickin' food commercials do they seriously need to run? Really? I mean, really! I feel like a queen of the amazons for the toughness it takes to ignore that sh** when all you can think of is food.

LQ: laundry done, folded and put away

Q1: meditated a few minutes ago (having a weird issue with my eyes aching. I think I'm crossing my eyes as I "focus" and it's causing a little bit of muscle strain). Worked on trying to stay as relaxed as possible today... Some success.

Q2: went to the gym after work and used the rowing machine for 20 min. My foot is thanking me. I don't think I'll do anymore walking if I can help it. The foot is still whining a bit.

Q3: 1410 calories exactly today. I paced myself better today. I was wickedly hungry this morning so I had my shake before my workout. Did the trick.

(Changed my workout today and did weights instead of the body weight workout. I was starting to get bored/predictable, so I though a change-up would be good for me)

Project: I worked on my costume shirts again, this time for about an hour and a half. I can see a light at the end of this tunnel, and it's actually making me more excited to finish them. :)

Now though I'm just tired. I don't think 1400 calories is enough to sustain me on a regular basis. My thought is to finish out the six week challenge. The brainy part of me wants to see this experiment through. So far I don't see any serious signs of physical detriment, so I'll keep going. (I promise to take care of myself :) ) It's only been a week after all. ...

Goodnight everyone!

• Like 2

Don't know about whether you are getting enough food or not, but the idea of non-food rewards is a good one. Sometimes I use pampering-type things like spending the time taking a nice bath or painting my nails. Spending time reading a fun book. Listening to music.

things to look forward to during a day...having a cup of coffee or tea, but bringing it outside and taking a few minutes to enjoy the sun, nature, whatever.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Eh day. Not great... not bad. Just something to get through. The whole family was a bit grumpy so we were all a pain in the a** to be around. I had a short day at work. Went to the gym for my rowing. Nothing of note really happening. I think we're all suffering from vacation withdrawl.

I'm looking forward to Friday though. Mini challenge is for combat this week. I'm going to an archery range to learn how to shoot some arrows. How much more Ranger can you get? Totally stoked

LQ: laundry done

Q1: meditated late afternoon. It was a good way to reset. Had a much better outlook afterwards.

Q2: rowed for 20 min at the gym. The place is like a ghost town around 2:00. I recently read an older NF post about doing more of the things I'm afraid of, so today I actually walked into the free weight room. No one was there which was both good and bad. I didn't want to look like a total weirdo wandering around just looking at stuff, but part of me thought I would have felt braver if someone had actually been in there. It was nice to look around and see what they've got. Interestingly I realized that when they originally gave me the tour they didn't even bother to show me the room. They just pointed in the direction of the door, probably assuming I was only interested in the elliptical machines. Just wait, I'll get in there someday!

Q3:1414 calories today. The hardest part was eating just one cracker from the box. The buggers had something like 20 calories per cracker! But I really wanted something to crunch on, and I promised myself I would figure out a way to keep myself happy with this meal planning thing. I SAVORED that cracker! Might have even been better than chocolate! :) I'm figuring out that if I replace one of my pre-packaged meals with just real honest to goodness food, I can eat a lot more volume wise. I'm also discovering that vegetables don't have to be smothered in butter, and that just a touch of dressing is good enough to get some flavor. Today I had fresh corn on the cob, no butter, steamed in the ear in the microwave for two minutes. It was surprisingly sweet and delicious!

I played out lots of scenarios in my head of what I would feel like if I broke down and had a small bag of chips, and I thought about all the hard work it's been to stick to this number of calories... I decided that it's not yet worth giving up all that effort! Maybe the hardest part of this challenge is going to be the end of the six weeks and I'm no longer obligated to stick to it. Hummm. Must think about that.

Project wise I finished up all the collars on my shirts. Only the sleeves and cuffs left to go :) the boys and I watched Superman while I did some sewing. That dude has got some arms! Inspires me to keep working out. I want strong looking arms! Screw the "toned" sh**, I want some deltoids! ;)

Reading lots of posts here has been fun and inspiring. I'm still to much of a chicken-sh** to comment on any of them, but it's been really motivational to see what everyone else is doing and what they're capable of. Every little victory helps me believe that I can do this too :)

And on that note,

I'm off to sleep now. 'Night! :)

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to Friday though. Mini challenge is for combat this week. I'm going to an archery range to learn how to shoot some arrows. How much more Ranger can you get? Totally stoked

Ah!  So jealous!  That sounds like so much fun!

Q3:1414 calories today. The hardest part was eating just one cracker from the box. The buggers had something like 20 calories per cracker! But I really wanted something to crunch on, and I promised myself I would figure out a way to keep myself happy with this meal planning thing. I SAVORED that cracker! Might have even been better than chocolate! :) I'm figuring out that if I replace one of my pre-packaged meals with just real honest to goodness food, I can eat a lot more volume wise. I'm also discovering that vegetables don't have to be smothered in butter, and that just a touch of dressing is good enough to get some flavor. Today I had fresh corn on the cob, no butter, steamed in the ear in the microwave for two minutes. It was surprisingly sweet and delicious!

I played out lots of scenarios in my head of what I would feel like if I broke down and had a small bag of chips, and I thought about all the hard work it's been to stick to this number of calories... I decided that it's not yet worth giving up all that effort! Maybe the hardest part of this challenge is going to be the end of the six weeks and I'm no longer obligated to stick to it. Hummm. Must think about that.

I'm with you, sister, on all of the above.  Maybe by the end of six weeks, it'll be a habit and easier.  One day at a time, right?  You're doing great!  

CC

Level 3 Ranger

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity"

-Abraham Lincoln

And now for something completely different... (Well, maybe not completely, but it's new to me). I tried to hackey sack tonight. Was a total blast, and it really kept my heart rate up! My legs got a good workout too :). I spent lots of time bending over and squatting. It's not exactly the most strenuous cardio I've ever done, but it was fun. Honestly, I didn't have much energy for anything else at 11:00 at night. I thought about not doing anything... But apparently I have this thing about sticking to my commitments. I love these challenges!

So obviously I was cramming in my challenge goals at the end of the day. I've been so hyper focused on my six week challenge that I thought it was important to spend some time with my family tonight. We watched a movie together. (No popcorn or snacks :) ). It was a nice night, but it left me somewhat short on time.

LQ: I washed my load of laundry before going to work, and put it in the dryer before leaving. So I only had to fold it when I got home.

Q1: I meditated shortly before the movie tonight. I tried meditating with my eyes open, but that didn't work out too well for me. I figured I'd give it a shot. Oh well...

Q2: did the hackey sack before coming to bed. Must do again sometime. That was fun :)

Q3: 1410 calories today exactly. I liked what I had yesterday, so I just did it again. I had to change the kind of tofu, and made a few adjustments, but it was nice not to have to put so much effort into the math. I was actually quite distracted with stuff to do at work, so I didn't stress too much about food today.

I worked on my shirts a little bit. Not as much as I wanted to, but I thought it was more important to be with family, and I've built in some time in my "schedule." I'll have more time tomorrow.

So despite a morning that didn't go exactly as planned (just normal morning disasters, nothing out of the ordinary but running late and forgetting things), the day turned out pretty much o.k. I was talking to a friend and realized that I need to keep reminding myself that just because something goes wrong, or doesn't go as planned, my whole day doesn't have to be ruined. I get to start over every minute. Eventually I even forgot that my day started out "wrong" at all.

It was a good day :)

• Like 1

Tired tonight. I had to do my programming homework so I skipped my cardio and shirt project. But I don't have work tomorrow, so I've got lots of time to get back on track tomorrow.

LQ: finished the laundry. Kitchen rags today, so LOTS of folding :)

Q1: did my meditation

Q2: no cardio today. That puts me down to a 97% for the challenge so far. I can live with that. I can already tell that I'll be ready to go again tomorrow. Tonight it's just not in me. Next challenge I'm going to build in some true rest days. Maybe not every week, but something like 2 or 3 random days. Oh well, lesson learned...

Q3: 1414 calories today. I had some issues with my internet connection, and I realized I'm in serious rut-roh land if I can't plan my meals out ahead of time. I know myself well enough to realize I will binge like a crazy woman if I allow myself to just "guesstimate. " I like the control that preplanning gives me. It's too overwhelming for me to be let loose on my choices and be trusted to log them afterwords. After a couple of weeks of planning my meals, I DO have a better sense than before of what my meals should look like, but I'm not competent enough to fly completely on my own yet.

Obstacle of the day: my son has a friend over tonight. I let them loose in the grocery store before coming home. My pantry is currently stocked with pop tarts, doughnuts, marshmallow fluff, cake, etc. I'm not interested in any of it. None of it is appealing to me right now. I read somewhere on NF that it's better to be a person who "doesn't ..." rather than be someone who denies myself something. I think I'm getting to the point where I'm a person who doesn't indulge in sugary foods. Huh! :) Now crackers and cheese are a whole different story, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...someday.

Archery tomorrow! I hope I can get some sleep!

'Night everyone! :)

• Like 1

Woo hoo! I feel like I'm on top of the world today! Today I completed the combat part of the mini challenge (go to an archery range and learn to shoot a bow), all I can say is thank you NF and thank you DarK_RaideR for the mini challenge! For YEARS I have wanted to try archery, and with the incentives I've been getting here, I finally pushed myself to do it!

You know what, they didn't look at me like I was crazy, they didn't laugh at me, they were actually really nice and patient with me. It took less than two minutes to give me the basics, and about two seconds for me to fall in love with this sport!

I bought a bow, 6 arrows and a target. The bow can be used by anyone in my family. It's a Genesis compound bow - the ones they use in the school programs. It's indistuctable and very user friendly. My youngest son took to it immediately. We might have some mini battles to decide who gets turns when.

I think it's going to be a fantastic replacement habit for when I get home from work. Normally I head straight for the fridge, but now I think I'm going to want to come home and zen out on archery.

One other perk is that I REALLY feel like a ranger... like, that's me in the little red circle! :)

Did all my other stuff today too.

LQ: 3 loads of laundry done today

Q1: did my meditation this afternoon after my workout

Q2: 20 minutes of hackey sack

Q3: 1414 calories today.

Project: I even worked on my shirts. Not as much as I could have because I was a little preoccupied with my new toy, but I'm pretty confident they'll be done this weekend.

Now I just need some night vision goggles so that I can see what I'm doing at night. The Sun is down, so the archery is done for today

:(

Good night everyone! I'm off to dream of little pink neon targets!

• Like 4

Sort of an uneventful day.

Started the morning with an hour of archery. :) It was a rainy day though, so I wasn't able to get back to it whenever I had a break. :( I spent most of the day working on my costume shirts. I'm not one of those kind of people who race to the finish line once it is in sight. For me, I have to concentrate on getting in one more step. It's all mental. At least that's what it feels like. It's a strange dichotomy. Excited anticipation of being done, but having to focus an enormous amount of will power to get there. It feels like running through water that is up to my shoulders? I'm so close! Maybe just a day left....

Anyway not much else going on.

LQ: did two loads of laundry today. Not having a gargantuan pile the size of Jaba the Hutt in my hallway is a good feeling. It makes my weekend feel much more relaxed.

Q1: Did my meditation late in the day. I've been stressing about something today, and it was a nice moment to take a breather and calm my anxiety.

Q2: walked on the treadmill. Not the best decision I've ever made considering my tendinitis issue. But I was feeling rather uninspired and I wanted something simple. I tried to keep it slow. (I miss running!)

Q3: 1412 calories today. Lots of grazing today. Boredom really does it to me! I can see and feel the difference counting the calories is making though, so this is worth it. I know I've lost some weight because people are starting to notice. Hopefully I'm not losing too fast. I won't do my stats until the end of the challenge, so I'll just have to wait and see...

Project: almost done with the shirts! Tomorrow should be the last day.

Signing off, and heading over to YouTube to watch some archery videos....:)

Goodnight all! :)

• Like 1

Lots of awesomeness over the past week or so! I liked that you went and walked around the weight room. Now that you've done it, there's still plenty of chances to continue to be brave and use the room. I think lots of people on this site will tell you, it can be a continual process. I use the free weights, but I still get intimidated to try a new piece of equipment or a different lift. But you can definitely build up bit by bit.

Yay on the archery! Very cool indeed.

I hear you on the sweets. I don't usually bring that stuff into the house, but I know it's much harder for people who have families.

Oct/Nov 2016

Lots and lots of archery today! :) It was a beautiful day, blue sky and enough of a breeze to keep the bugs away.... I think this is the most time I've spent outdoors in years! And I don't mean yard work, I mean time just spent enjoying being outdoors.

Given my preoccupation with bows and arrows, I'm having a ton of fun imagining what my next halloween costume is going to be. I'm trying to figure out how to merge a LOTR ranger with a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent (before they went all bad guy on us). Obviously I am waaayyyy out of sync with the calendar.

My other thought has been trying to figure out how to get a more ranger-like look in my work wardrobe without going off the deep end. I've got a pretty lenient boss, but she's not that flexible! :). Humm... If I come up with anything good, maybe I'll post some pics. (How's that for a challenge!) :) Secretary by day.....ranger by night. This could be fun!

LQ: 1 load of laundry today. I'm very satisfied with the current state of manageability laundry-wise right now. Summer is always nice because there seem to be less clothes and the boys aren't in school. The piles just don't seem to be so overwhelming right now. :)

Q1: did my meditation before going to bed. I almost forgot because the archery seems so much like meditation. I was blissfully relaxed almost all day..

Q2: I took another walk for my cardio today. I need to find a way to push myself to go to the gym instead. The walking is seriously not good for me. I was fine for about 10 minutes, but the last ten minutes...I was starting to feel the twinge....not good! :(.

Q3: 1415 calories today. I was a bit nervous because I'm basically out of my Amy's supply, but I managed with some of the stuff I had in the pantry. Lesson learned so far is that I should start making my own food instead of depending on packaged stuff. (I seem to recall that I may have already pointed out this obvious fact, but hey I'm nerdy, not necessarily always smart:) )Those bar codes are just so easy to scan though. It's a tough little trap!

Project: I finished sewing the shirts today. All that is left are the cuff buttons and colar clasps. I have to get the supplies to finish them, but I'll start working on the socks until I can get to the store.

Now I'm off to browse through pinterest images of ranger costumes, I'm not sure it will help me get to sleep, but my mind is going a thousand miles a minute right now!

OMG!  So jelly on the archery!  Everything about it.  The fact that you found somewhere to do it.  You do it.  You now have a bow and arrow.  You actually get out there and do it.  You are so cool! 

So when you say the bar codes are easy to scan, you're referring to logging food, right?  For me, a huge stress on logging in making sure it's accurate.  The frustration is a reason I have stopped in the past.  Have you ever seen onceamonthmeals.com ?  I've been doing on and off for a little over a year.  It's wonderful to have a freezer full of healthy meals (I would normally eat out) and easy to save the recipes and log a serving.  

Good job overall!  You're kicking some serious butt!

CC

Level 3 Ranger

-Abraham Lincoln

Ugh! Computer just froze and I don't feel like rewriting everything!

LQ: Laundry done folded and put away. I got this one in just under the wire. My day went by so fast it was almost done before I even knew it!

Q1: meditated before going to bed. It was a nice way to calm me down and get ready for sleep.

Q2: 20 minute swim. Ironically the gym is 30 minutes away, so I end up driving for an hour in order to get my 20 minute swim in. It would be more efficient if I went after work, but I've tried swimming when it isn't "adult swim" and the kids usually cut me off in the middle of my laps. The hour of driving is worth it if I can avoid that stress. I needed to be nice to my tendinitis today.

Q3: 1404 calories today. I didn't have any of the Amy's entrees for lunch or dinner. I pretty much stuck to salads and vegetables. It was too much food. At the end of the day, I had to eat stuff even though I wasn't really hungry.

• Like 1

Good job getting in a swim!! And I'm really impressed with your sewing progress.

I guess I would feel "rangery" wearing anything leather (including faux leather). Also any kind of fitted clothes that allowed for free movement (like leggings).

Admittedly targeted toward the YA crowd, but here's a ranger archer wearing acceptable street clothes (perhaps not dressy enough for work, depending on your job). I put it under a spoiler because the picture is HUGE!

KatnissInArena.jpg

• Like 1

Oct/Nov 2016

Rainy day...no archery today :( so I did the next best thing...I watched Robin Hood (Russell Crowe). :)

LQ: Started the laundry when I got home, and then proceeded to forget about it while watching my movie... Oops. But it is now dried, folded and put away. I've been able to see the floors for days, and I'm really liking this - just about as much as I enjoy keeping the kitchen counters free of dirty dishes. I'm not being sarcastic here. The few minutes of effort it takes each day really reduces my overall stress levels. I also love that the clothes I want to wear aren't stuck down in the bottom of a dirty/smelly laundry pile. These days, everything is almost always clean and ready to wear. (Except ironing, because I will never want to do ironing on a regular basis!) ;)

Q1: did my meditation after movie number two, (Kingsman).

Q2: did not do my cardio today, mostly because well, you know, I chose to watch movie number two :) I thought about using the treadmill, but my whole leg is aching tonight -ankle, knee, hip. I've got my workout tomorrow morning, so I'm hoping a little rest will help me feel better tomorrow.

Q3: 1405 calories today. Yesterday I had to force myself to finish everything in the plan. Today I was hungry again. I have no idea what the difference is. Yes I ate different food, but today I just really craved starch! I stuck to the plan though! :)

Finishing projects: Working on knitting the last sock for my boss. One sock has been done for months, but most people want one for each foot, so I plugged away at the second sock this afternoon. They look really nice. She chose a nice yarn. I'm kinda bummed I don't get to keep them :).

On a completely different tangent. I think I'm beginning to see some arm muscles. Little mini woot? It's nice that arms can be so responsive to strength exercises. I'm nowhere near where I want to be yet, but there's hope! And that is a big driving factor for me. This really is possible! :)

• Like 2