--Challenge 18--

I'm going to P all over this challenge :lol:

funny-Star-Trek-Jim-pee.jpg

No not that P, this P!

250px-4139l.png

Goal 1 - Posture

I got hurt in a car accident and the physio has advised me to correct my posture. It seems to be working but I need to keep my focus on it. I'm not sure how I will measure this yet....

Goal 2 - Paleo

Carry over from my last challenge, slightly amended to 6 days of full paleo per week.

Goal 3 - Programming

It's looking like my whiplash recovery is going to take months rather than weeks. As I am limited in what exercise I can do and I can't play squash I've decided to do a more conventional lifting program with gradual progression. I'm going to setup a program for lifting 2 days a week with a third day of PT with my coach doing whatever he prescribes.

Bonus Goal - Photo

Take a weekly progress photo

• Like 8

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

60 days to 5k (July-Sep 2021)

P for Proactive... You're making the rest of us look bad ;) I guess I'll sub all the same. P for Pencil in a rematch for our PvP at the end of this challenge too! Happy challenging :)

Rematch - we'll see. I guess it's 8 weeks away so might be ok by then, either way we should plan for another bench test ;)

Best of luck!

• Like 1

The Wolverine - Level 5 // BER  6.5 // HEA  4 // STR  4.4 // STA  3 // DEX  4 // CON  4 // WIS  4.75 // CHA  1

He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty.

Adventures don't start until you get into the forest.

Love it! That article was also a great read, thanks for that :)

How aware are you of your posture throughout the day?  Would you be able to give yourself a "rating" at the end of each day on how good you think your overall posture was?  Super subjective for sure, but you're really accountable to yourself anyway.

• Like 3

Love it! That article was also a great read, thanks for that :)

How aware are you of your posture throughout the day?  Would you be able to give yourself a "rating" at the end of each day on how good you think your overall posture was?  Super subjective for sure, but you're really accountable to yourself anyway.

Right now I am very aware, if it's poor I end up with a very sore neck at the end of the day so I have a lot of motivation to keep concentrating on it.

Maybe a daily soreness score out of 10 will give me a record of how well I've done as well as an indication of progression of the injury and if there is any correlation with activities and soreness. Seems like a good idea :)

• Like 1

I had physio yesterday, she was horrified when I told her I'd been doing pullups, woops!

Cleared me for bar only DL's, front squats, rowing with good form and air dyne (bike). She could tell how frustrated I've been not to be able to workout so was prepared to make those concessions.

On the back of that I had PT today for an hour, I thought we'd be doing some light form work and having an easy session. As usual coach's knowledge and range of exercises available with all the space of an empty box meant he caned me again!!

PT:

EMOM 5 rounds (50 mins)

10 Front Squats (20kg bar)

10 Good Mornings (20kg bar)

10 Bench Press (Bar, 30, 40, 50, 50) <- sets of 10 @50kg were tough

10 cal row

20 Secs L-Hold

10 Front rack lunges (20kg bar)

10 Deficit Sumo Deadlift (20kg KB)

5 x each arm Tricep Extensions (5kg)

10 Air Dyne (bike) cals

20 secs core hold (sit on floor elevate legs straight in front)

Brutal 50 minute EMOM, heart rate elevated for a very long period, I got drenched in sweat and was wiped out at the end of it, couldn't drive straight home, just felt too exhausted so I walked it off for a slow km. Back home now and feeling better, had a Paleo meal and heading out for a 6km walk with the little fella. Beautiful day here :)

• Like 2

Glad your were at leaset cleared for some good stuff! That sounds like a brutal PT session, particularly the EMOM (50 minutes?! Dayum.) It's interesting you can do rows but now pull ups.  I feel like you're more likely to have bad posture during rows, what's the reasoning there? Not that I am at all questioning the professionals, just curious for my own knowledge :)

• Like 2

I did not know you were in accident! Probably because I was terrible at following challenges last round. I hope you recover quickly and glad you're ok...

Yeah it was pretty nasty :( On the road to recovery but going to take a long while I think unfortunately. But I have a new goal to get to 75kg's and I can do that through nutrition so I'm still working away ;)

Glad your were at leaset cleared for some good stuff! That sounds like a brutal PT session, particularly the EMOM (50 minutes?! Dayum.) It's interesting you can do rows but now pull ups.  I feel like you're more likely to have bad posture during rows, what's the reasoning there? Not that I am at all questioning the professionals, just curious for my own knowledge :)

My Hammy's are soooo sore! DOMS from hell even 3 days later, 50 good mornings was brutal!! Basically she told me not to use my upper traps so the focus was very much on rowing with good form and keeping posture, not collapsing and pulling with shoulders too much. I think I'd actually be fine doing slow controlled pullups on rings (no kipping) but she seems to know her stuff and has 30 years experience so I'll play the game for now. Few more weeks and I might get too impatient...:)

I am tempted to change the title into "Endor needs to bur-P"

LOL I was thinking about the burpees the other day, wondering why they've dropped away so bad. 9 months out with a wrist injury certainly played a part but I haven't been surfing for about 2-3 years either and getting up on a wave is pretty close to a burpee so burpees will be good conditioning for surfing which I love to do and plan to get back to in summer. Now that's how to motivate yourself to do burpees ;)

Also

52655620.jpg

• Like 1

It takes a lot to motivate me to do burpees.  Unfortunately my PT at the gym uses them as a warm-up for Every. Damn. Session.

• Like 3

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Since i missed out on my reward for last challenge due to injury i just treated myself to Transformers 4 AOE and band of brothers box set both cheap as chips on ebay :)

Band of Brothers is excellent. Definitely due a re-watching.
  • Like 2

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42