• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

saroufall

Saroufall Trains With The Monks

Yikes, I'm sorry, man. :( Gonna echo Oramac here: lifting heavy shit and going for a run is a great way to work through negative emotion. Better than junk food, anyway.

• Like 1

Phew, its been a while. On the bright side I have at least been more active in my fitness goals than I have been on here. I'm going to make an attempt to post more regularly and also catch up to see how all of you are doing in your challenges too! So time to play catch up.

So in spite of the bad news from week 2 I rounded out that week pretty well.

Week 2 Recap

• P90X: 6/6
  • Runs: 3/3
  • Stretch: 6/6
  • Meditation 6/6

And I kept the motivation going for week 3 as well. The only hiccup was that we spent all day Friday at the auto dealership purchasing a new car so by the time we got home at 9pm I was too spent to sneak in a run, stretch, and meditation. I did crank out P90X though and then slept like a baby (according to people who have never had kids). And on another high note, my son tested for his yellow belt! I'm so proud of him, he did absolutely awesome with his forms demonstration.

Week 3 Recap

• Runs: 2/3
  • Stretch: 5/6
  • Meditation: 5/6
  • Like 4

Week 4. Day 1

It is so tough to get up early and get out of bed to work out. It's much easier to just go for a run in the morning as soon as I get out of work. But dedication, right? The sun decided to get up at the same time I did, but thankfully it hid behind some clouds while I ran around the park for the second season of the Zombies Run app. It was a quick 7.3 miles and then it was time to head home and start week 12 of P90X3. I'm able to crank out far more reps than I first started the program and the weights I'm using having gotten heavier too! And as another plus, for the first time in close to 12 years I weighed in at under 200 lbs! 

• P90X: 1/6
  • Runs: 1/3
  • Stretch: 1/6
  • Meditation: 1/6
  • Like 2

Wow, just a quick seven miles, huh? Is that all? Just like that?

Haha, wow. That's awesome.

Also, props for getting up early to get work done. I know that's a thing I struggle with.

• Like 1

Wow, just a quick seven miles, huh? Is that all? Just like that?

Haha, wow. That's awesome.

Also, props for getting up early to get work done. I know that's a thing I struggle with.

Yea.  What he said.  Seven miles.  Jeesh.  Quite awesome. 

Sorry, guys - I don't know why I'm having so much trouble logging in regularly. For this last couple of weeks I'm going to kick it into overdrive.

Week 4 Wrap Up

Fell off the wagon a bit this week. Life got busy so the meditation and extra stretch sessions didn't make the cut for part of the week.

• Stretch: 3/6

Week 5 Midweek 

Busyness is running rampant through this week too. Trouble sleeping has made it almost impossible for me to drag myself out of bed early enough to squeeze everything in for the day. Gonna have to figure something out.

• P90X: 3/3
  • Runs: 2/2
  • Stretch: 1/3
  • Meditation: 1/3

Sorry, guys - I don't know why I'm having so much trouble logging in regularly. For this last couple of weeks I'm going to kick it into overdrive.

Week 4 Wrap Up

Fell off the wagon a bit this week. Life got busy so the meditation and extra stretch sessions didn't make the cut for part of the week.

• Stretch: 3/6

Week 5 Midweek 

Busyness is running rampant through this week too. Trouble sleeping has made it almost impossible for me to drag myself out of bed early enough to squeeze everything in for the day. Gonna have to figure something out.

• P90X: 3/3
  • Runs: 2/2
  • Stretch: 1/3
  • Meditation: 1/3

Honestly, all things considered, I'd say you're still doing really well.  You've hit all your P90X sessions and all your runs, which is pretty major.  The others can fall into place once you get the Life crap organized a bit.  

Yeah dude. You've been busy doing your challenge. It's okay if life gets in the way - life comes first.

Week 5 Recap

Time is flying by and I can't believe that we're this far into the challenge. This was my last week of P90X3. Hard to believe that 90 days has gone by already. Thankfully I still have the bonus Elite block to do so that gives me an extra month of scheduled workouts. I also finally spoke with my son's instructor and she assured me that I would do just fine in the dojang. So now once the issues with my job have been smoothed out I'll be signing up for some Tang Soo Do lessons!

• P90X3: 6/6
  • Runs: 3/3 (8 mile run. 5k w/ intervals. 7.25 mile run)
  • Stretch: 2/6
  • Like 2

Week 5 Recap

Time is flying by and I can't believe that we're this far into the challenge. This was my last week of P90X3. Hard to believe that 90 days has gone by already. Thankfully I still have the bonus Elite block to do so that gives me an extra month of scheduled workouts. I also finally spoke with my son's instructor and she assured me that I would do just fine in the dojang. So now once the issues with my job have been smoothed out I'll be signing up for some Tang Soo Do lessons!

• Runs: 3/3 (8 mile run. 5k w/ intervals. 7.25 mile run)
  • Stretch: 2/6

Awesome!  You're killin it!  Glad to hear the martial arts lessons are going to happen too!

YUS. Congratulations! P90X is a tough system to survive. To get through that and also be told that you'll be okay to join the dojang? That's awesome, man.

• Like 1

Yeah, I know, I fell off the face of the planet again. Ah well, might as well post it.

Week 6 Recap

Only one word to describe the week; busy.

• Stretch: 1/6
  • Meditation: 0/6 

So although this wasn't a very successful challenge, I tried some new things and, even though it didn't work out so well this time, I'm definitely going to give them another shot. So lets wrap this up since I'm more than a week late reporting in.

Challenge Totals

• P90X3: 36/36
  • Run: 16/18
  • Stretching: 21/36 FAILURE
  • Meditation: 17/36 CRITICAL FAILURE

LEVEL UP! (sort of)

1. The Strength of A Raging Fire (P90X3) +3 Str, +1 Sta
  2. Swift As the Coursing River (Run) +3Dex, +1 Sta
  • Like 1

Well, you hit 50% of your goals.  Look at it this way: the best batters in baseball only get a hit about 30% of the time, so you're doing better than them!